Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:00   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post

The GM guys told me that the pricing is introductory and may need to be revised in Jan next year as they have completely loaded the car.
I hope they are not going to do what GM has in the past and slash the rates. It will certainly be a disappointment to guys like me who have booked it now.
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:30   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh2 View Post
Must be me- but even after seeing the black, I still prefer the white. Anyone see the red one in person? it looks awesome in pics.
Yesterday I saw a black cruze ltz. Did not click a pic though. Black looks very good when it is just washed, and it is clean. The one I saw had come from pune all the way to kolhapur- and it did not look that appealing to me with dust all over, etc. I guess with Black comes a lot of maintenance.
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:50   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh2 View Post
Must be me- but even after seeing the black, I still prefer the white. Anyone see the red one in person? it looks awesome in pics.
To each his own I guess, I despite liking the black more am buying the white because it makes more sense in the long term. Even if you notice in the pictures both the cars are equally dusty but the black one shows dust easily.
I haven't seen the red but will check out the light blue in a day or two.
I do agree the red one does look cool.
By introductory pricing I think they mean that the prices will go up not down in the coming few months.

Last edited by bashani : 22nd October 2009 at 17:53.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:46   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashani View Post
To each his own I guess, I despite liking the black more am buying the white because it makes more sense in the long term. Even if you notice in the pictures both the cars are equally dusty but the black one shows dust easily.
I haven't seen the red but will check out the light blue in a day or two.
I do agree the red one does look cool.
By introductory pricing I think they mean that the prices will go up not down in the coming few months.
Black is awesome color if one have patience and tends to maintain as neat as possible.

Is Sparkling diamond(pearl white) color available in Cruze? Confirm this. Its a lovely 3-coat paint available in magnum.

Can't rely upon pricing of GM.It depends upon sales figures of last quarter. If the sales are promising, they may increase the price, but chances are less. Can expect good discount as well.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 23rd October 2009 at 09:48.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:05   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Black is awesome color if one have patience and tends to maintain as neat as possible.

Is Sparkling diamond(pearl white) color available in Cruze? Confirm this. Its a lovely 3-coat paint available in magnum.

Can't rely upon pricing of GM.It depends upon sales figures of last quarter. If the sales are promising, they may increase the price, but chances are less. Can expect good discount as well.
Black is a color if you want to make statement "you have arrived, you don't really give a damn, this not the last car you are ever going to buy"
Black needs special care, it is better to have a covered parking spot and a chauffeur who cleans it every 15 seconds.
Yes the Black color especially suits this care more than usual. It is butch!
If you want easy hassle free ownership, a car that looks larger than it is, a car that doesn't show cuts and bruises easily, white is the color for you.
No the pearl white is not available in Cruze, there is only one basic shade of Olympic white.
You can expect this that the rates might go up and certainly not dip for the next 5-6months, but this is a guesstimate none the less.
Cheers
Old 24th October 2009, 00:01   #381
BANNED

Throwing categories out of the window, still waiting to know between a Verna CRDi and the Cruze diesel, who smoked whom. :-)

Last edited by sdmn : 24th October 2009 at 00:02.
Old 24th October 2009, 01:58   #382
Senior - BHPian

Chevy's timing for the Cruze launch is actually v v good.

Not only is it Diwali 09, but Honda, Toyota and Skoda have nothing new to offer for this buying season. Besides the Corolla, Civic have been around for a while and the new Laura facelift is neither cheap nor good looking.
Old 24th October 2009, 03:37   #383
BHPian

I have been a big fan of the car right from the time the initial sketches were released[yes, THAT long ago] but after having visited the showroom with my dad yesterday have decided against it and will go for either an Altis or Civic instead.

Every aspect of the car is awesome except the space. Which is a HUGE problem!
I am 6'3 and got into the front[driver] seat and not even my 5'6 mum could sit comfortably in the back, there was just NO space. I then switched to the front passenger seat and no matter how I adjusted it, my head kept scraping the roof.
I am so dissapointed because I really really wanted the Cruze for its awesome engine but at 14.75 OTR it just doesnt make sense.

I was so disapointed that I took my dad immediately to the Toyota showroom to try and show him how the altis[which we had not TDd before] had just about the same space as the cruze. My assumption was however totally incorrect. We got there, the sales person was excellent and we TDd the car on the pune-bangalore expressway and the amount of space inside was simply awesome. Even my dad could sit comfortably behind me which i was totally surprised with!

I just wish GM made the car more spacious than it currently is :( .
Old 24th October 2009, 05:21   #384
BHPian

@thegman: Then you might be disappointed with the Altis as well, Civic was better for me (driver) and parents (back seat) space wise... do post your comparison of the two.
Old 24th October 2009, 08:53   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I met up with some guys from GM India yesterday and got a chance to drive the Chevy Cruze.

The GM guys told me that the pricing is introductory and may need to be revised in Jan next year as they have completely loaded the car.
So for a change, GM is mulling to increase the price after a few months? Let us wait and see how it plays out.

-- Wind
Old 24th October 2009, 13:05   #386
BHPian

As far as space is concerned, I am not having much of a problem in my cruze. I am 6' tall and can comfortably drive, while my mom can sit behind me comfortably too. Maybe my expectations from the space were not that much.
I have driven almost 200 k's now..
Old 24th October 2009, 13:48   #387
BHPian

Cruze LTZ test drive:
Location - Mumbai
Dealer - SC Auto, Thane

I wanted the test drive to be good as I really liked Cruze's looks and wanted a good alternative to Laura 1.8 TSI for performance and handling that I was seriously considering. The purpose of the drive was really to decide between Cruze and Laura
1. Courteous salesman (Rakesh) . Polite and knowledgeable. Responsive. Got the car for a test drive in 10 minutes
2.Car looks stunning in Red- 16" alloys look great
3. Getting into the car (drivers seat) is a pain. Head hits the roof .
4. I did not find the turbolag so much of a problem - ( I tend to use second and third in city traffic). Great torque - enough to press you against the seat. On the Nashik toll road, accelerated smoothly in 3rd and 4th
5. Steering - light , and dead as Altis or Optra. Controls seemed OK.
6. Engine - I could not tell its a diesel from inside Brings a smile. Makes me want to consider this as an alternative to Laura TSI .Short throws shift felt good.

7. Driver seat -however much I tried, could not get a good balance between good driving position , easy entry/exit and leg reach. Disappointing. Dash reflection on the windshield is annoying ( much like Optra). No dead pedal - really disappointing in a car of this class.
8. Handling --- took a nearly gentle curve at speed (110 kph)... made me really really nervous.
9. rear view , side mirrors adequate and bigger than Laura.
10. Rear seats - seemed cramped ( so was Laura).

Overall - for performance and handling, felt this is not as good as Laura . Looks, features, , cost of ownership , service (my past experience with Chevrolet), way ahead of Laura TSI. Engine is nearly as good as the TSIs. Resale value, I suspect will be better for the Chevy diesel compared to the Laura TSI (even though Chevys are in general a disaster when it comes to resale value).

As I expected the TD did not give me an outright answer. Atleast I have a credible alternative . Will decide in the next few days.

As always, your (different) perspectives would be greatly valued. Looks like the only perfect car is the 3 series !
Old 24th October 2009, 18:03   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
Cruze LTZ test drive:
Location - Mumbai
Dealer - SC Auto, Thane

As I expected the TD did not give me an outright answer. Atleast I have a credible alternative . Will decide in the next few days.

As always, your (different) perspectives would be greatly valued. Looks like the only perfect car is the 3 series !
Ravich,
I have been driving this car for the last 3 days, and I am really thrilled with the purchase. You can further check more posts about my experience on this t-bhp link.
Old 24th October 2009, 18:16   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
Looks like the only perfect car is the 3 series !
You can buy 2 Cruze LTZ's for that price and free diesel supply for few years but then again you'll be complaining about stiff ride quality of the BMW
No car is perfect.
Old 24th October 2009, 23:51   #390
BHPian

I was expecting a lot from Cruze. But after my visit to the dealership, I came back quite disappointed. This car is for impulsive buyers and for those who can afford to change cars frequently. This will be a hit with self-drive car rental agencies across the globe but long-term ownership will have a few takers.

In Bangalore, at 15.20L OTR, this car will find very few takers. Here is why

1. The car feels cramped at every seating position
2. The car has nothing for those who sit in the rear seat
3. Rear centre handrest is too short to be useful - it serves only as a cup-holder
4. I didn't like the central instrument cluster - the display could have been bigger and more functional
5. Driving position is not very good. Visibility may be a problem. I didn't drive the car though
6. The look from the front may not appeal to everyone
7. Ground clearance worse than Civic (on paper)

What could have made this product a killer one

1. A bigger (smarter) display with navigation system and Bluetooth
2. A more elegant central instrument cluster (eg. Jetta, Laura)
3. Better quality leather in seats
4. A true rear centre hand-rest
5. More cabin volume (ceiling height, rear legroom)
6. Better quality plastics

I have considered only the "touch and feel" aspects of the car and not the ride quality, handling etc. as I have not driven the car yet.

Expect a cheaper Cruze soon. This car, in its current form, is no competition to Honda, Toyota, Skoda and VW.

Most Viewed