Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 17:35   #421
BHPian

^^
+ 1 ot the above.
They'd be axe footing if they did something like that. They need to build some sales from their stable outside of the Spark.
Hiking prices in the first month of launch is not the right way to go about doing it.
Old 27th October 2009, 18:43   #422
Senior - BHPian

I saw a Cruze first time today. From any side it doesn't give an appeal of an Entry level luxury car or a 13L+ car. Even the old Optra Petrol (not magnum Diesel) had a better look.
Old 27th October 2009, 18:46   #423
Senior - BHPian

I don't think prices may go up for another 5-6 months atleast.
Dealers gimmick i assume.
Old 27th October 2009, 19:04   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I don't think prices may go up for another 5-6 months atleast.
Dealers gimmick i assume.
I think so too. Its been priced quite right as of now.
Old 27th October 2009, 19:37   #425
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT : Yesterday, on the C&B show they decided that Cruze is the best car in its segment. The other cars were Altis, Civic, Jetta and the Laura.The only other finalist as per them was the Laura, other cars were ticked off for some reason or the other. One of the criteria was price.I agree the Cruze is priced well and all that but isnt it pre-mature to make judgments like that?

Last edited by sammyboy : 27th October 2009 at 19:40.
Old 27th October 2009, 19:56   #426
BHPian

One of my concerns that the car engines shuts off when the start/stop button is pressed even when in motion. its like turning the ignition off. Initially in the "operations guide" it was mentioned that the car will not switch off if the button is pressed when the car is in motion. But thats not the case. The service manual confirms that the car will switch off!
Old 27th October 2009, 20:12   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
The 40-100kmph acc in 5th is the best example. Cruze takes 38 secs to do it which is very slow. OHC VTEC does it in 24secs.

So unless you're above 1700rpm, dont take a chance with overtaking.

Shan2nu
I don't think there is any point in comparing a turbo charged engine with a NA patrol for 40-100 on 5th. I feel its just like you comparing Apple with Orange. Each machine is designed around certain characteristics which will distinguish it from others.

Now just because ANHC takes as twice time as Cruze for a 0-100 sprint would you call it out a car not good for driving on highways?

I have driven Cruze for more than 50Kms and I would say drivability in city and highway is twice good as my Magnum.
Old 28th October 2009, 06:23   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Slightly OT : Yesterday, on the C&B show they decided that Cruze is the best car in its segment. The other cars were Altis, Civic, Jetta and the Laura.The only other finalist as per them was the Laura, other cars were ticked off for some reason or the other. One of the criteria was price.I agree the Cruze is priced well and all that but isnt it pre-mature to make judgments like that?
Saw the show too, and I was like "Oh wow, finally someone is doing a video review, yippie! cool!" and then that 'joker' keeps eliminating cars for some SILLY reason or the other with the cars vanishing on-screen. Is that what he thinks is a comparo-review or does he think all of us are 'morons'?
They didnt even show the interiors of ANY of the cars. I feel like never watching that silly show again.

Value wise, the Cruze isint all that great for what you pay either. Fully loaded Altis manual is 14.25 OTR Pune and the Cruze is 14.75. Sure it has a great engine and its a diesel, but it also lacks many things that the Altis and for that matter even the Civic have. Cabin Space being at the top of that list!
Old 28th October 2009, 08:10   #429
BHPian

It's all demand vs supply thing. Funny things happen in India. While the dealer may be joking, there's minute possibility of this happening. I think a bunch of guys miss features such as ESP, TC, HID's, Interior space, electric seats GM could have taken care of them but their USP is entirely different (Diesel coupled with some funky features at great price). IMO, these are the things which click with most of the people and not other things. Only time will tell us what Cruze can do for GM. Atleast, they have taken a step in right direction after their initial attempts.
Old 28th October 2009, 09:07   #430
Senior - BHPian

This trick might be played by the dealer itself, to boost up the sales.
As far as I know GM had never increased the price of any vehicle in the past in India(Pls correct this if wrong).
In-fact GM is good at giving great discounts and provide more VFM vehicle.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:49   #431
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post
They didnt even show the interiors of ANY of the cars. I feel like never watching that silly show again.

Value wise, the Cruze isint all that great for what you pay either. Fully loaded Altis manual is 14.25 OTR Pune and the Cruze is 14.75. Sure it has a great engine and its a diesel, but it also lacks many things that the Altis and for that matter even the Civic have. Cabin Space being at the top of that list!
Actually have to agree that even if the order of rejection and final choise was good, the reasons were silly and the reviewer was trying to be too polite to some of the cars, he should have been more objective and specific in the review and atleast given a small snapshot of all the interiors. The review promissed much but delivered little.
Old 16th November 2009, 00:22   #432
BHPian

So is it a good choice to buy the Cruze LTZ? I am planning to buy a new sedan . Civic and cruze . Don't know what to chose?
Old 16th November 2009, 06:17   #433

I'm planning to buy one myself & have been doing a lot of reading, research & took few test drives of octavia, jetta, civic, cruze... no matter what, cruze diesel ltz is one awesome car. I can keep bragging about german engineered jetta having a boot lamp while cruze doesn't, civic with worst shockers than jetta or cruze, or for that matter cruze not being as aerodymanic as others... There will always be pros & cons you would find in one or the other car but at the end you only have to decide your priorities and choose the one accordingly. I chose cruze diesel ltz based on my requirements.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:19   #434
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
So is it a good choice to buy the Cruze LTZ? I am planning to buy a new sedan . Civic and cruze . Don't know what to chose?
Please search within the forum for Cruze owner review threads. I saw atleast three over the weekend and am pretty sure they'll help you in your decision making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpathania View Post
There will always be pros & cons you would find in one or the other car but at the end you only have to decide your priorities and choose the one accordingly.
Well said, Rahul. The concept of a perfect car doesn't exist in the real world. What one has to do is weigh the pros & cons to see which car meets his own individual requirements / wants the best.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2009, 14:54   #435
BHPian

I personally think that Cruze is for them who drive their cars majority on highway, less in city bumper to bumper traffic, for long distance. While for the majority of city driving should prefer the Civic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks