Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 23:40   #496

Hi! Its been over a month since I got the delivery of my White CRUZE LTZ.
I'd booked this car a month before it was launched.Took delivery 4 days after its launch in India. Frankly, I chose this car for my parents.Hoping that the comfort levels will be similar to, if not better, than any other car in the segment.

All the drawbacks mention in this post a precisely worded.

a word of advice, if luxury,comfort @ family/parents is what you are looking for then this is definitely NOT THE CAR to go for. On paper its a Wonder.On Indian roads and traffic conditions its a dissapointment. And trust me I regret not having gone for the Laura or Jetta.My Indigo SX is feels less bumpy over pot holes and less jumpy over speed breakers.Each time you can feel the jerk travel through ur spine till it ends in your head. Its that bad.The thud sound is also something that can be left not noticed.

So if you are looking foward to keeping your folks stable even while you travel over a pot hole or in traffic. "DO NOT CHOOSE TO CRUZE".
if you can spend some more any other car in the segment is worth going for.
Old 11th December 2009, 23:59   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrage View Post
I'd booked this car a month before it was launched.Took delivery 4 days after its launch in India. Frankly, I chose this car for my parents.Hoping that the comfort levels will be similar to, if not better, than any other car in the segment.

a word of advice, if luxury,comfort @ family/parents is what you are looking for then this is definitely NOT THE CAR to go for. On paper its a Wonder.On Indian roads and traffic conditions its a dissapointment. And trust me I regret not having gone for the Laura or Jetta.My Indigo SX is feels less bumpy over pot holes and less jumpy over speed breakers.Each time you can feel the jerk travel through ur spine till it ends in your head. Its that bad.The thud sound is also something that can be left not noticed.

So if you are looking foward to keeping your folks stable even while you travel over a pot hole or in traffic. "DO NOT CHOOSE TO CRUZE".
I Had long drive in Cruze recently, The ride is very good and is perfectly acceptable for a car of this price. Please check the tire pressure.

I agree about the rear space though.
Old 12th December 2009, 00:31   #498
BHPian

@roadrage, sameer_sultan, grajasekar , rosh2 and other cruze owners
please post a separate ownership review for the cruze
Right now I am terribly confused between Cruze and Jetta and your reviews would be of great help to me
Thanks.
Old 12th December 2009, 01:33   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
@roadrage, sameer_sultan, grajasekar , rosh2 and other cruze owners
please post a separate ownership review for the cruze
Right now I am terribly confused between Cruze and Jetta and your reviews would be of great help to me
Thanks.
In real world sense, Cruze competes with Civic and Altis, up to their max price range which is approx 13-14 Lakhs ex-showroom north india. These are the vehicles providing maximum bang for the buck in the segment.

While Jetta or Laura are the currently available extremes in the segment in India. Even though their lowest models compete with the Jap and US counterparts' highest models with the price range, it still wouldn't be unwise to consider them a + over the other cars in the segment, in terms of solid build, quality, snob value, etc. Between, part of snob value is due to high maintenance cost (though kind of just for Skoda). And VW has good AMC deals on Jetta + 0% finance.

Do you agree with the classification? And does it make some things clear?

Last edited by Gurpartap Singh : 12th December 2009 at 01:34.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:40   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrage View Post

Somehow the ride isn't that bad in my cruze. Not saying just because I like the car. Seriously. The clutch is a bit more difficult to get the hang of, and the rear seat position is a bit more erect, but the ride quality isn't bad at all. Again, I felt the room in the back is comparable to the Civic as well as the Altis. This is because when we first took a testdrive in the Cruze, we immediately went to the Toyota showroom (in Koyambedu, Chennai) and tried out the back seats. Except the more reclined seats, the legroom and width of the car felt the same.

Perhaps there have been some changes in suspension setup or something between the first few cruzes that came out and the current batch of cars?? I'm asking because I noticed they have changed/ improved certain parts like changing the plain old tailpipe from a chrome tipped one.

One thing though, I just love people turning their heads and trying to see what model, brand of car this is when it goes past

Will be taking anothe 200km drive this Sunday (hopefully). Wil give more impressions then.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:06   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Here some pictures of my black Cruze after upsizing the tires to Good Year F1 225/45ZR17 and Flying Eagle 17" Alloys.
Nice work, Sameer. The alloys look great, esp since its a black car. Take a pic at night under bright light, with the wheels slightly turned to right. Take the pic from the right, sitting down in front of the front right wheel, adjusting the angle such that the entire right side comes in the picture. This will show the real beauty of the alloys alongwith the width of the R17. Make sure its taken at night, with lot of bright light falling on the car....
Old 13th December 2009, 03:51   #502

Interior pictures

As requested, I managed to take a few pictures of the car's interior today. Hope these are alright, took them under low light and I didn't have the time to take pictures of the different screens on the Information display and such things.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-12122009367.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-12122009368.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-12122009369.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-12122009370.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-12122009372.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-12122009373.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-12122009375.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-12122009376.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-12122009378.jpg  

Old 13th December 2009, 04:28   #503
Senior - BHPian

Nice one grajasekar! congrats on the car and welcome to t-bhp (from a IVG member )

cheers

Last edited by anekho : 13th December 2009 at 04:33.
Old 13th December 2009, 15:48   #504

^^ Thank you, are you deathstryke from IVG??

Just got back from a 120km drive in the new Chevy. Driving with dad in the front passenger seat is like having a buzz saw next to your ear that threatens to saw ur head off if you make a small mistake.

This clutch was much easier than the demo/testdrive car. Still takes some getting used to if you want to make a perfect gear change (as in otherwise you'll get a very slight jerk - almost imperceptible - when you change gears without the clutch completely pressed to the floor). Perhaps its because I've driven a petrol accent (very user friendly car, such smooth gear shifts and you don't even need to floor the clutch) all these years.

Had no problems with bad roads either. We turned into one really rotten stretch of road near a place called Maraimalai nagar beyond Vandalur in Chennai and proceeded for 2 km on horrible, waterlogged, pothole-filled roads. There weren't any complaints from my mum in the back seat either.

Loving the power and the gadgetry inside though. And on our way back a BMW 5 series stood alongside at a signal. Those side contours on the car have literally been copied from the BMW lol..
Old 14th December 2009, 11:44   #505
BHPian

After upsizing the tires to 17" and fitiing 17" alloys in my cruze I am experiencing wobbling at speeds of 120-140 KMPH. I checked with the tyre shop guy and he said I need to install a ring in front of the disc as the alloys are not fiiting exactly. This might arrest the wobbling.

As I have fitted the 225/45ZR17 Good Year F1 low profile tires I would like to know whether these are good tires or not from tsk. I feel the suspension is not as good as it was with the OE. Does the comfort reduces in low profile tires? And the cause of wobbling is because of the tires or the problem lies with the alloys. Anyone having an idea pls reply. Thanks.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:00   #506
Team-BHP Support

Do not go for alloys with wrong PCD. An allow should fit properly. Getting a ring etc., is "Jugaad" can damage suspension, and may also void your warranty.
Lower profile tires will rob you of ride quality in any car.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:34   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grajasekar View Post
We also ordered 27k worth of accessories (the floor mats, mud guards, boot mat, door sill light etc,
Hi,

Stunning looks I must say! 2 questions: How much was the Chevrolet door sill guard and was it a set of 4? Want to fit the same into my Aveo.

Also, haven't they fixed it to the wrong part of the door sill? I thought it's meant for the metal part to stop the sill being scuffed/marked by boots/hard soled footwear etc but yours seems to be on the plastic door trim.

Any thoughts?
Old 14th December 2009, 19:14   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi,

Also, haven't they fixed it to the wrong part of the door sill? I thought it's meant for the metal part to stop the sill being scuffed/marked by boots/hard soled footwear etc but yours seems to be on the plastic door trim.

Any thoughts?

even I think so. But door sil guards are easy to rip and refit with double sided tape I guess.
Whats the power source for the lights in the door sil guard?
Old 14th December 2009, 19:40   #509

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
GM has to be worried about the Cruze. In the first month since launch, 800 odd cars. In the second (i.e. November), the Cruze is already down to 500 only! This, at a time when the overall market has leapt forward. But then, the Cruze is against some truly formidable competition. I have a feeling that its either the brand or the interiors that are killing the deal.
Hi,
i might be replying late for this, an inside story for these low sales is all the cars that are manufacured are sold.....
Old 15th December 2009, 12:57   #510
BHPian

Nice to see the 17 inch alloys. its really superb. I think it can cause a huge difference in your GC. It can cause a 9mm drop in GC compared to the stock vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks