Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2010, 01:09   #526

Thanks very much for the Review, It is a such a brilliant writing with niggy details being also highlighted. The Car looks very impressive in its class. Defenitely would be waiting to see more numbers on the streets very soon. Superb engineering by Chevy and awesome thinking by the designers. The electronics are quite impressive with keyless entry and ignition, Not seen on any C+ or D segment cars, Kudos to Chevy there. Just a absolute <15 Lakh car on the Indian Roads.
Old 5th February 2010, 19:43   #527
BHPian

awesum review tsk !!

the cruze is just one of the rare typical american type sedans on indian roads !! cruze indeed rocks but i feel the ltz model is slightly over priced. people within the 12 lacs budget would love the cruze but only have the ltz as an option by adding a lac and half more as the base variant lacks all the essential features of a 12 lacs sedan !!

apart the pricing concern, chevrolet is all set to rock the indian car market with the cruze, captiva and beat.
Old 5th February 2010, 20:44   #528

Hi,
I recently saw the auto transmision versin of Cruze in one of the chevrolet showroom, when i asked the showroom person he said it is coming soon....( may be after the Beat Buzz)
Old 7th February 2010, 20:01   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nag20in View Post
Hi,
I recently saw the auto transmision versin of Cruze in one of the chevrolet showroom, when i asked the showroom person he said it is coming soon....( may be after the Beat Buzz)
It's already launched. Mine will be delivered this week.
Old 10th February 2010, 05:12   #530
Team-BHP Support

Nice review.

Mods - it would be really helpful if the original review could be expanded to include a review of the A/T version as well. Then it could serve as the definitive reference point for both versions of the Cruze for prospective buyers.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:27   #531
BANNED

Cruze Automatic Brochure .
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-cruze.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-cruze1.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-cruze2.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-cruze3.jpg  

Old 4th March 2010, 13:52   #532
BHPian

What an Excellent Review

Tsk1979,

If I had that much sum in my pocket, I would go for this car. You have given each-n-every detail. If chevy people needs to write something on this car, they can copy this review. I always admire the neutral review. very very well-done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Walk up to the car and merely pull the door handles. As long as the key is in your pocket, the doors will open (without the need to insert any key or press any button).
==========
Old 4th March 2010, 16:55   #533
Team-BHP Support

Thanks! We try to make reviews as detailed as possible.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:47   #534
BHPian

Few missing updated

first, a commendable review, great job done TSK.

I was reading the thread and found some misconceptions few guys have for Cruze, which i got cleared from a recent TD of the car(LTZ automatic) I did.

- There is a feature which enables you to make sure only your side of door opens when you come near the car. i.e with this feature ON, if you are on the Driver's side only Driver side door opens and all others remain locked

- The remote works only if you are within 1 meter range of the car, I verified it with a 1 Meter scale myself

- If someone runs away with the car with you having the key, the car will get stalled after 500 meters. [ VERIFIED]

- The Audio system has a feature which automatically adjusts your system volume depending upon the noise on the outside and your speed.(again configurable)

- There is a lever to come out of the car from the trunk in case you are trapped inside.

- The guy was talking about another way to start the car in case your key stops functioning, a discussion which got lost in other things, will update you guys on it.

- The audio system and all the lights in the cabin get automatically switched off after 30 seconds of car lock

- The automatic geabox used in Cruze is a GM 6T40 transmission which is one of the best in the industry

- It is a little delayed in the downshift but the upshift is perfect and also delivers well in the city as well the highways

Hope it clarify few doubts in the minds of fellow T-BHPians
Old 12th April 2010, 19:40   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by grajasekar View Post
Got back home two days ago from a 1500km+ roadtrip from Chennai to a few places in Kerala with the new car and back.

Wonderful drive. Now feel a lack of power whenever I drive the Baleno thanks to my getting used to the Cruze. This baby is an awesome highway car. Touches high speeds effortlessly even though we stay below 140 almost all the time on highways. Amazes me how most people with Santros and Zens just zoom past at 150+ speeds, I guess they have no idea what will happen to their cars with just 1 small mistake, or one idiot crossing the road at the wrong place (happens all to often in our country).

Cleaned the car for an hour today before applying the special Diamondbrite shampoo that the Diamondbrite treatment for the car requires monthly. Rinsed it off and wiped it again. Then let it dry while drying it with a cloth too. End result is the 2nd picture.

3rd one shows what happened just 20 minutes later
Hi Raj,
These pictures are amazing, congratulations on the new car, although I am a little late saying this. I too have just recently got my dream car, a brand new civic a/t in polished metal metallic. The pictures you posted just cracked me up. You see I too am a cat lover like you. What are the name of those babies? Take care and check for those babies underneath the car before moving.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:38   #536

Test Drive of the LTZ AT

Just my "solah anna"

* I'm not an expert, but there was no lag noticeable in the AT (I've decided my next car will be an AT and have not driven the M/T to compare). I found the Laura PD AT to be quite laggy in comparison. It was a real pain to drive in rush hour traffic (test drive only)

* After the test drive I came away feeling like a monkey that had found King Kong's secret banana store. I was floored by the car. This was just so much fun.

* All the reviewers have pointed out the many pros and cons. On balance, this car definitely leans towards driving pleasure rather than backseat comfort and overall luxury. At 16.2Lakh OTR, I would need a little more of the ride quality and luxury feeling to justify this purchase to myself. This is also because in truth, I've been looking for an A/T under 12L, and 16L is a stretch for me. I don't see myself doing the amount of highway driving to truly enjoy all the gifts this car has to offer.

Having said that, I'm probably going to look wistfully at every Cruze that passes me by in my (likely) new Honda City and think "what wudda, if I hadda"
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:30   #537
BHPian

wow dhall_gagan thats an impressive list of observations you have put into writing. I have this car for more then 3 months now and yet i was not aware about some of these features. These features surely have made me more proud of this beauty.

Guys i'm planning to get tints for my black cruze. Any suggestions on the same?
Old 27th April 2010, 14:59   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
wow dhall_gagan thats an impressive list of observations you have put into writing. I have this car for more then 3 months now and yet i was not aware about some of these features. These features surely have made me more proud of this beauty.

Guys i'm planning to get tints for my black cruze. Any suggestions on the same?
Thanx ashish.
For tints, try some reflective ones, they will look uber cool
Old 27th April 2010, 15:25   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

Great pointers there Dhall. Looks like the new owners have to sit down with the manual for a week to understand its complete features knowing for sure the sales associates wouldnt even know about them.

However, i am keen to know the driving pleasure and power of this car. Does it thrust you back in the seat ( i mean the accelaration has that kind of power after a certain minimum RPM is crossed? If yes, whats that min rpm? 2K?)

I have been dreaming to buy this car but, I dont feel justified to slap 14L on an M/T for a Chevrolet brand as its value will hugely depreciate the minute it steps out of the showroom. I reckon will wait until next year to find a pristine pre-owned one ( hopefully)
Old 27th April 2010, 16:19   #540
BHPian

mobike i can vouch for the acceleration it provides after 2K rpm. However its more linear rather then the sudden rush of torque wave. The engine is very petrol like in terms of the revs and the power delivery. Having said that this car can attain huge speeds in no time and the way it attains speeds can leave you in gasp. Driving pleasure is right there for the taking. You can even call it poor man's 320D when it comes to straightline driving. But in corners its a chevy and drives like a chevy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks