Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 15:20   #586
BHPian

Is there any way through which the current cruze owners can upgrade their ECUs for the turbo lag issue, especially those who bought their cars last year. Can chevy do that for us?
Old 9th November 2010, 15:28   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Is there any way through which the current cruze owners can upgrade their ECUs for the turbo lag issue, especially those who bought their cars last year. Can chevy do that for us?
Ashish, my car comes into powerband right from 1300RPM and i have checked this several times so i can thorougly vouch for it.

What's the RPM range your car comes into the surge mode?

I am confident Chevy will not undertake such changes to ECU but, that option is always possible outside with a reliable technician.
Old 9th November 2010, 16:13   #588
BHPian

My car starts surging after 1700-1800 rpms. Before that there is a considerable turbo lag. I'm aware that Chevy has tuned the ECUs of cruze which have come out in last 6 months.
In the past we have seen couple of manufacturers who have given free ecu upgrade to their customers in order to provide better benefits. The recent example i can think of is Skoda Fabia.
Thus i was hoping that chevy could offer the same for us since they are aware that initial batches of cruze suffer from turbo lag till 1800 rpms. As a customer i do expect this courtesy.
Old 9th November 2010, 16:22   #589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
As a customer i do expect this courtesy.
Well, if other manafacturers are offering this tuning then it makes sense to just talk to your most friendly service advisor at Chevy to see if they can do it for your car.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:53   #590
BHPian

I am buying one Cruze LTZ AT black in Kolkata in a few weeks. Apart from Cruze I test drove Civic V AT, City V AT and Altis V L. I was initially interested in the Volkswagen Vento too, but did not find it too appealing to me. The Altis automatic version did not find nice to drive, the handling was not as smooth as the Honda or as enjoyable as the Cruze. Finally thought for a long time between the three C's -- Civic, City and Cruze and going for the Cruze.

Although the interior space and looks of Cruze did not impress me in the beginning, after test driving the car felt wonderful, specially at high speeds.
Old 29th December 2010, 15:42   #591
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

A rare car that looks stunning in yellow! Perhaps, it's the sharp, edgy styling:

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-23112010472.jpg
Old 29th December 2010, 17:35   #592
Senior - BHPian

the front logo looks masked..is it the petrol under test?
Old 17th January 2011, 13:09   #593
BHPian

Cruze is creating problems too early ....

I recently got my Cruze serviced at Dynamic Motors in Chandigarh. The experience has been anything but unsatisfactory. If you've read my post before, you would know I'm talking about my 16000 Kms Servicing report where I spent close to Rs. 24000 for the second servicing (which included brake pads replacements for both front and rear).
Only 2500 Kms onwards the rear left and right brake pads which usually last a lot longer have been worn out.

Yes, that is correct. Now I've given my car to Apex Auto (Sec. 18) Gurgaon to get the same fixed and I'm taking the Dynamic Motors branch in Chandigarh to the court of law. This is a case of either extreme negligence or that of fraudulent where they may not have changed the rear disc brakes at all. Any one else who has sued them before ? Could use some pointers. I know practically the best law practitioners so filing a case with ease is my forte.
Old 17th January 2011, 14:20   #594
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_majumdar View Post
I am buying one Cruze LTZ AT black in Kolkata in a few weeks. Apart from Cruze I test drove Civic V AT, City V AT and Altis V L. I was initially interested in the Volkswagen Vento too, but did not find it too appealing to me. The Altis automatic version did not find nice to drive, the handling was not as smooth as the Honda or as enjoyable as the Cruze. Finally thought for a long time between the three C's -- Civic, City and Cruze and going for the Cruze.

Although the interior space and looks of Cruze did not impress me in the beginning, after test driving the car felt wonderful, specially at high speeds.

What factors didi impress you about Cruze?

Did you get a chance to also do TD's on Laura and Jetta Diesel? How do you see them in comparision with Cruze?

I agree Altis Diesel is not in the league( engine wise), but good to be chauffeur driven and get good FE.

Also like to hear more about your impressions about Civic and City?
Old 17th January 2011, 14:26   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetkanwar View Post
Yes, that is correct. Now I've given my car to Apex Auto (Sec. 18) Gurgaon to get the same fixed and I'm taking the Dynamic Motors branch in Chandigarh to the court of law. This is a case of either extreme negligence or that of fraudulent where they may not have changed the rear disc brakes at all. Any one else who has sued them before ? Could use some pointers. I know practically the best law practitioners so filing a case with ease is my forte.
This clearly looks like a case of cheating wherein they have not replaced the brakepads at all in your previous service.

Approach the dealership and if they plan to rectify the mistake, give them a stern warning and back-off from filing the case as it will only cause you more headache than really solve the problem and in future stay away from them for any services of your car.
Old 24th January 2011, 13:06   #596
BHPian

Hi VCX,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
What factors didi impress you about Cruze?
Did you get a chance to also do TD's on Laura and Jetta Diesel? How do you see them in comparision with Cruze?
I did not test drive Laura or Jetta. In fact Laura is one car which I did not even look at properly, though I admire that car a lot by whatever I read and it's looks. The prices for Laura diesel automatic versions are at least 2 lakhs more than Cruze. Since I initially started to look at the 10 lakhs segment (Vento, City), and then found myself seriously eying at the Civic range, I did not want to spend even more.

Skoda is reported to have after sales service problems in Kolkata, while Chevy sells a lot, people are happy with them. That was another reason I discarded Laura.

I did have a good look at Volkswagen Jetta. It is very nice, but has a huge hump (larger than Cruze) in the middle of the rear seat and that would make seating 5 people in the car very uncomfortable. Other than that, it is again a lot costlier than Cruze (automatic versions) and much less powerful. I would have loved to buy the German car, but decided against it.

Quote:
I agree Altis Diesel is not in the league( engine wise), but good to be chauffeur driven and get good FE.
I hate to be driven. If I wanted to be driven, I would have gone for Altis. Simple choice. More space than any other car I saw in that segment, and quite nice interior. However, driving the Altis did not feel close to Civic or Cruze (or even City).

Quote:
Also like to hear more about your impressions about Civic and City?
Both are great cars. I spent last one week thinking between the three C's - Civic, City and Cruze. Both Civic and City felt silent and smooth, very easy to drive (in fact very light) too. I also like Honda's futuristic decision of having only USB input for music. Both have one problem - ground clearance in full load. The Cruze isn't full proof there, but better than Civic. We go to bad roads sometimes, and mostly then with full load.

At the end I realized that I had fallen for the power and handling of Cruze. I would have bought City, but it did not feel so powerful anymore. The Civic is powerful, but the Cruze is a winner there (may be just for being Diesel, where Skoda Laura also would feel the same, or could be better in some aspects -- highest torque in lower RPM).

I did not want to decide about Petrol or Diesel beforehand. I judged all the cars as a whole package and since I am an enthusiastic driver, finally went for Cruze.

I would love to discuss more if you have more queries.
Old 25th January 2011, 13:28   #597
BHPian

By the way, I have got my Cruze in the beginning of January. So stupid of me not to have mentioned that in the post just before.

The sales person advised me to be gentle to the car for the first 5000 kms. Absurd, I cannot afford that long. However, the workshop guys said straightway that there was no need, the engine is ready and doesn't have to be run in. Following that I went to the village once and had a chance to take the car to 140kmph a couple of times.
Old 25th January 2011, 22:09   #598
BHPian

I was also told (by them) not to bother about initial run-in period. So, I blasted my Captiva Automatic right from the word go and zipped from showroom in Ludhiana straight to Amritsar without any second thought
Old 12th February 2011, 14:34   #599
BHPian

I've got news from a chevrolet dealer that from 19th february all cruze will be delivered in beige colours and they will discontinue grey interiors.
Any news on this?
Old 18th February 2011, 14:14   #600

@np23 - Light Gold has been Discontinued for 2011 Models although Linen Beige is Available for Cruze.
They are Planning to Launch in Grey ala Honda Civic! by April.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks