Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 22:07   #721
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
PS - I know new version is going to have 163 bhp verses 150 bhp of the current version. Doesn't matter much since I've only owned an M800 and WagonR in the past.
When you do get bored of the power of the present Cruze you can up it to about 198bhp and 400Nm torque for 18000 bucks. Along with that a brake upgrade is a must which is going to cost you more. In 3 years you would have come up in life anyway so should not pinch you that much and after this tune up there is not much Indian manufactured vehicles offer us. CBU cars are very expensive to use/maintain as a daily run about car hence the big three Germans are out of budget for most of us.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 12th February 2012 at 22:09.
Old 12th February 2012, 22:15   #722
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Along with that a brake upgrade is a must which is going to cost you more. .
I think suspension and Tyre upgrades are also needed.
Old 12th February 2012, 22:18   #723
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
When you do get bored of the power of the present Cruze you can up it to about 198bhp and 400Nm torque for 18000 bucks.

Which remap offers this? Thats truly outstanding figures for a C+ segment sedan. Anybody has tried this remap? Any links?
Old 12th February 2012, 22:43   #724
Senior - BHPian

The changes must be good then

While you are at it, why not check out the verna and fiesta too? If you are looking to buy the car in chennai, why not check if you can get a 2011 vento at 50-60k discounted price? More details are there in the official vento TD thread if you are interested.

However, cruze is in a different league altogether. You may initially find the turbo lag annoying, but will get used to it with time. Do take a TD and decide.

Quote:
Lot has happened in life after that booking. Still nothing (in the small car segment) excites me as much as the Swift. Hence, thinking of an upgrade to another segment altogether.

Starting thinking about Rapid (and Skoda stories), resulted in thinking about Vento (and VW pricing) which resulted in thinking about Optra Magnum (and about it being dated) and while in the Chevrolet showroom - was bowled by the Cruze.
Rapid is one segment lower than the cruze. Horror stories of skoda are associated with their after sales service, nothing to specifically do with the laura. Thats the DSG failure you are refering to, but that is a different conversation altogether.

Long term ownership costs of both vento and rapid is still unknown so cannot comment on the TCO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Cruze is the best bet in its segment only if you are driving in highways mostly. If you are driving mostly in city, Rapid with 4 year skoda shield is way better. I think both Vento and rapid will have same after sales cost. Horror stories of Skoda are mostly associated with Laura. I think spares of rapid will be less expensive than Octavia as rapid is more localized.
Old 12th February 2012, 22:53   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Cruze is the best bet in its segment only if you are driving in highways mostly. If you are driving mostly in city, Rapid with 4 year skoda shield is way better.
+1 the Cruze is a pathetic car to drive in the city,honestly.The turbo lag will annoy you no end and by the time the turbo spools,you run out of space!The Cruze is a brilliant highway car and that's where I rip it!!
Old 12th February 2012, 23:40   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
+1 the Cruze is a pathetic car to drive in the city,honestly.The turbo lag will annoy you no end and by the time the turbo spools,you run out of space!The Cruze is a brilliant highway car and that's where I rip it!!
Kini, I think you should get in touch with Siddarth for your city driving blues with the Cruze and ask him to massage your car. When you are in Cochin I can take you on a spin in my car to allay all your doubts about turbo lag. Lets just say the Cruze will thulp the Nissan Micra diesel (the present city king among cars after the venerable Palio 1.9D and Palio GTX) after the massage but the hard clutch will still be a spoil sport for in city driving. After the massage your desire to rip on the highway are literally laid to rest because every other car seems so slow. Before the massage I used to travel at 90 to 100 kmph but now I do not cross 80 kmph because the speed build up is so sudden that in no time (I mean no time) you will be touching 140 and hauling it down to sane speeds becomes difficult with the present brake set up. Now you will ask me why did I take the plunge when I do not intend to cross 80 kmph. Its like taking Sunny Leone only for Sunday mass to Church knowing she is capable of much more than prayer; gleaned from her BIG BOSS antics.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 12th February 2012 at 23:45.
Old 12th February 2012, 23:53   #727
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th February 2012 at 12:35. Reason: Asking for clarification
KINI is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th February 2012, 12:58   #728
Team-BHP Support

Just back from a test drive of Cruze LTZ (With around 6.8k kms on the odo).

I did not experience the famed turbolag and clutch recoil issues. May be because I was expected the turbo lag (where it behaves like an NA Indica as mentioned in the official review). Below 2000 rpm - if you fully press the accelerator, nothing happens - true. But gradual acceleration is a different story. It picks up speed steadily till 1800 rpm and above 2100 rpm - the acceleration is wild!

Space is a bit tight though. I felt the car is not as bigger than a Swift (from the inside) as the 2x price difference suggests. Same with quality of some plastics - not much of an improvement from the B+ segment (power window + electric mirror switches - for example). Other than that - its a fantastic package for the asking price.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th February 2012 at 13:01.
Old 13th February 2012, 16:52   #729
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Is the music system on LT same as that of LTZ? SE claims them to be the same. LTZ sounded fantastic for a stock system.

If not same, is it an easy upgrade to match the system of LTZ?
Old 16th February 2012, 09:58   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Is the music system on LT same as that of LTZ? SE claims them to be the same. LTZ sounded fantastic for a stock system.

If not same, is it an easy upgrade to match the system of LTZ?
Yes, its the same. The central console MID screen size is also the same as LTZ now.
Old 25th February 2012, 12:31   #731
BHPian

Hi, a friend of mine is going to go for cruze and he intends to make the purchase in march. Searched the thread and got to understand that tentative time for the 2012 cruze release is Q1/mar-apr. Does someone has any information about when the new cruze may be launched?. If its anytime soon, at least he can negotiate a good discount for the existing version. Would appreciate your help.
Old 3rd March 2012, 13:22   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

ATTENTION CRUZE OWNERS (March 3rd, 2012)

Today morning, I dropped into service center to get a free nitrogen top up done which they forgot to do last time around. And, while talking to my service manager, I mentioned there is a light wheezing noise ( can be heard if you hear very carefully) while in reverse gear to which he immediately told me good you highlighted this problem

According to him, GM has asked all dealers to immediately replace the brake caliper dampners for rear brakes for both wheels if any customer complains of same for FREE OF COST

Now wait to hear the cost

Each brake caliper damper set costs a whopping Rs.27,000 on each wheel

He immediately ordered for my free replacement set and asked me to drop in next wednesday for this replacement.

I cant stop loving KUN Dealership for their out of this world service and personal attention !!!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 13:58   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
ATTENTION CRUZE OWNERS (March 3rd, 2012)

Today morning, I dropped into service center to get a free nitrogen top up done which they forgot to do last time around. And, while talking to my service manager, I mentioned there is a light wheezing noise ( can be heard if you hear very carefully) while in reverse gear to which he immediately told me good you highlighted this problem

According to him, GM has asked all dealers to immediately replace the brake caliper dampners for rear brakes for both wheels if any customer complains of same for FREE OF COST

Now wait to hear the cost

Each brake caliper damper set costs a whopping Rs.27,000 on each wheel

He immediately ordered for my free replacement set and asked me to drop in next wednesday for this replacement.

I cant stop loving KUN Dealership for their out of this world service and personal attention !!!!
Can you please describe this problem in a little more detail. And is this problem with all cruzes or was it resolved?
Old 5th March 2012, 09:45   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Can you please describe this problem in a little more detail. And is this problem with all cruzes or was it resolved?
When your in standstill position. Engage reverse gear and leave the clutch when the car is reversing, if you hear carefully there is a light wheezing noise ( cannot be heard in traffic condition or if music is playing)

This problem is not with all Cruzes. Dealerships were given a mandate to immediately replace the brake caliper dampners for both rear wheels if any customer complains. The set costs Rs.54,000 !!!
Old 7th March 2012, 17:55   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
When your in standstill position. Engage reverse gear and leave the clutch when the car is reversing, if you hear carefully there is a light wheezing noise ( cannot be heard in traffic condition or if music is playing)

This problem is not with all Cruzes. Dealerships were given a mandate to immediately replace the brake caliper dampners for both rear wheels if any customer complains. The set costs Rs.54,000 !!!
Mobike,

I understand that this may have only afflicted certain cars, but do you know when the problem was resolved? My car's manufacturing date is Jan 2012 so I'm wondering if this issue was resolved earlier.
(In any case I'm going to check this out today when I get home).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks