Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 00:44   #886
BHPian

Entry lighting is present in the cruze. Automatic lights to my knowledge are not present in cruze which should switch on by themselves in dark. They are also known as tunnel lights.
Old 6th October 2012, 00:35   #887
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Guys anyone has owner manual for the Cruze - I mean the softcopy one. I need it. Thanks for your help

Last edited by kailashnj : 6th October 2012 at 00:39.
Old 6th October 2012, 09:55   #888
BHPian

http://www.chevrolet.co.in/content/d...ze_3July12.pdf

Here you go!!
Old 6th October 2012, 19:24   #889
BHPian

Thanks a lot Rangakishen - The owner manual that you have given is for th e2012 car. I need the owner manual for the Sep 2010 car. Can you help me with that or are there only negligible changes in the two.
Old 6th October 2012, 21:50   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Thanks a lot Rangakishen - The owner manual that you have given is for th e2012 car. I need the owner manual for the Sep 2010 car. Can you help me with that or are there only negligible changes in the two.
Very little has changed. I think it will suffice. If you require any details which are not there in the above manual, feel free to post the query here. We'll help you!!
Old 6th October 2012, 21:59   #891
BHPian

Thanks a lot dude - one question that really I have right now is where is the OBD2 connector located in the Cruze, can you please point me to the correct location.

Regards,
kailash
Old 6th October 2012, 23:24   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Thanks a lot dude - one question that really I have right now is where is the OBD2 connector located in the Cruze, can you please point me to the correct location.

Regards,
kailash
Above your right knee. You've to bend a bit to be able to see it.
Old 9th October 2012, 20:04   #893
BHPian

Any update on 2013 Cruze launch in India?
Old 29th December 2012, 16:55   #894

finally after lots and lots of thinking , dwindling and fretting have booked cruze automatic from globus motocorp dilshad garden getting delivery on monday ,31st
Old 30th December 2012, 00:38   #895
BHPian

Congrats, don't worry you made the right decision and the car will reward you with many smiles.
Old 30th December 2012, 08:48   #896
BHPian

On my way to Chennai while also maintaining speeds of around 120kmph, I achieved this mileage figure!! No special mileage driving done. Was just a bit smoother than usual. IE Kept it in 5th gear even when speed dropped below 100 and accelerated gradually. But speeds were consistently above 120kmph. 100% AC.

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0013.jpg

I had a figure of 22.5kmpl when I checked after Krishnagiri. Guess all the deviations got the figure down.
rangakishen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 11:52   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
On my way to Chennai while also maintaining speeds of around 120kmph, I achieved this mileage figure!! No special mileage driving done. Was just a bit smoother than usual. IE Kept it in 5th gear even when speed dropped below 100 and accelerated gradually. But speeds were consistently above 120kmph. 100% AC.

I had a figure of 22.5kmpl when I checked after Krishnagiri. Guess all the deviations got the figure down.
Amazing. Did you have a chance of tankful to tankful too? 150 bhp & a 20+ mileage is a hot combo. Especially at a 120+ kmph speed.
Old 30th December 2012, 12:34   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Amazing. Did you have a chance of tankful to tankful too? 150 bhp & a 20+ mileage is a hot combo. Especially at a 120+ kmph speed.
No I couldn't do the tankful method. We hadn't started with a full tank or something. But in previous experience, the MID has been off by a max of 1kmpl. So I can safely assume that the figure was atleast a 20kmpl.

It was smooth driving that was the key. Much higher speeds were also seen but in a smooth way. Also important fact probably is that I consciously avoided WOT. It was always not more than half throttle. Just feathering. I'm really happy with these figures!!

It very largely depends on driving!! Last week (for the first time) a driver drove the vehicle to davanagere. He has driven in a pedal to metal fashion. I guess he didn't know the art of driving a turbocharged diesel. Anyway, he emptied a 60ltr tank in 600kms!! When the car returned I was !! So driving style matter A LOT!!!!

Last edited by rangakishen : 30th December 2012 at 12:37.
rangakishen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 12:56   #899
Distinguished - BHPian

Can other Cruze owners help please?

Gave my 25,000 km & 21 month old LT for the 1.5 year 25k service this morning. Had asked for the usual changing of engine oil, oil filter, air filter, AC filter and inspection of brake pads. The Service Advisor just called and stated that the front brake pad set + discs need to be changed. Will amount to around 17k (parts and labour).

This completely freaked me out but soon realized that should get a second opinion. Asked him to clean them anyway and fit them back as-is. Haven't noticed any brake judder or waviness, noise at all. There HAS been some brake fade, but nothing necessitating unplanned 17k bucks!

Pictures attached of front brakes at 20k (5k earlier). There is scoring on the discs but does this mean I need to change immediately? The pads also seem to have decent life left so unsure what has happend within 5k!

Any help will be highly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-front-left-1-tbhp.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-front-left-2-tbhp.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-front-right-2-tbhp.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-front-right-1-tbhp.jpg  

Old 4th March 2013, 12:30   #900

Unfortunately thats the case with Cruze. Same happened with me and around the same milo-metre.... had to replace the brake pads. I checked it then with other owners and almost everyone said that the same happened with them. Service engineers said that the car is powerful and hence brake pads typically needs a change around 25K kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks