Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 14:31   #916
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

A black Chevorlet Cruze LTZ belonging to a doctor in kollam caught fire while being parked at his residence. The car had just 7500kms on the odo. Electric short circuit is suspected. The car is lying in the service station all covered up (attaching some photos). There was news in the media, will post clips soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-img2013060500011.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-img2013060500012.jpg  

Old 14th June 2013, 21:34   #917
BHPian

The first renderings of the next all new cruze. Didn't want to start a separate thread so posting here. If not correct moderators can shift to another thread of their choice.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-image1759546138.jpg  

drchernish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 12:20   #918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
The first renderings of the next all new cruze. Didn't want to start a separate thread so posting here. If not correct moderators can shift to another thread of their choice.
Saw this picture on IAB yesterday. Honestly, I didnt like this new look of the Cruze. Instead of making it more butchier, they went with an elegance.

Now it looks like a fluidic design of the Hyundai. Almost looks like the Elantra
Old 15th June 2013, 12:38   #919
BHPian

Totally agree on this- they have made it softer whereas the present cruze is more sharper like a mini camaro.
Old 27th December 2013, 14:23   #920
BHPian

I would prefer the current gen Cruze for its butch looks. This one looks too Hyundaiish. The current gen feels more solid and chunky. The headlamps are too Elantra inspired.

Their new bigger corporate grill would have looked better with the current model.
Old 18th January 2014, 16:30   #921
BANNED

After clocking over 3000Km on my Diamond White LTZ VCDI AT Cruze, a sincere advice to all those serious buyers scouting for a Self Driven Vehicle in D Segment, please TD this amazing beauty before you finalize a deal.
Old 18th January 2014, 16:36   #922
BANNED

Beauty With Optional Chrome Grille Looks Stunning
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-cruze_mod.jpg  

Old 7th September 2014, 01:09   #923
BHPian

Guys , since yesterday our Cruze's steering (out of nowhere , it hasn'nt hit anything) started wobbling like crazy at low speeds , it reduces to some extent post 60km/h.
I could'nt figure out anything , i then thought maybe some wheel nuts are loose or something and upon checking found rear right side wheel's nuts loose , that did'nt solve the problem either.
what else could be at fault ? it does'nt seem something minor which balancing should solve.
I found the staff at chevy's service center highly incompitent and they even leaked quite a lot of brake fluid while intalling brake pads and i suspect they are the ones who didn'nt tighten the wheel nuts properly , so i've decided to take it to some other mechanic tomorrow.
Has this happened with someone before , any diagnosis or suggestions ?
Rocketscience is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th September 2014, 18:44   #924
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, never heard of such rubbish work where wheel nuts were left loose! Please take it immediately to an expert alignment or tyre shop and get it checked.

Multiple Cruze owners on TBHP with easily 60k + km but this is a first! Could be that the alloys (stock, I presume?) have not been mounted properly. Net net, take it now!

Last edited by itwasntme : 7th September 2014 at 18:47. Reason: typo
Old 7th September 2014, 21:30   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi, never heard of such rubbish work where wheel nuts were left loose! Please take it immediately to an expert alignment or tyre shop and get it checked.

Multiple Cruze owners on TBHP with easily 60k + km but this is a first! Could be that the alloys (stock, I presume?) have not been mounted properly. Net net, take it now!
Took it to Bosch service center today , i did tighten the nuts that day itself but apparantly that was'nt the issue.
I got allignment and balancing done upon their suggestion , it has corrected the wobbling to some extent.
According to them the Ball joints and steering end need to be replaced and that is what is causing the trembling.
P.S My car has covered 51000 KM.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 7th September 2014 at 21:49.
Old 7th September 2014, 21:59   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Took it to Bosch service center today , i did tighten the nuts that day itself but apparantly that was'nt the issue.
I got allignment and balancing done upon their suggestion , it has corrected the wobbling to some extent.
According to them the Ball joints and steering end need to be replaced and that is what is causing the trembling.
P.S My car has covered 51000 KM.

Have they given the reason for ball joint and steering end to be replaced ? What lead to they broken ?
Also your 51000 kms is it mostly on rough roads or just city driving ?
I am trying to figure our the reason nothing else .
Old 7th September 2014, 22:13   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
Have they given the reason for ball joint and steering end to be replaced ? What lead to they broken ?
Also your 51000 kms is it mostly on rough roads or just city driving ?
I am trying to figure our the reason nothing else .
They just took the test drive and figured this out on basis of that , I'll take my car to another known place and see what they have to say before getting anything replaced.
My driving is mostly in Expressway and pretty good city roads , but there is a broken patch about 200 m long near my place which the car has to go through everyday.
Old 7th September 2014, 22:17   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
They just took the test drive and figured this out on basis of that , I'll take my car to another known place and see what they have to say before getting anything replaced.

My driving is mostly in Expressway and pretty good city roads , but there is a broken patch about 200 m long near my place which the car has to go through everyday.

200 m drive daily on a patch will surely not cause it to beak like that unless driving rash on roads not bothered of speed breakers and etc.

Yes good thought to get a second review than spending so much
Old 11th January 2015, 21:44   #929

It will be nice if the review can carry some points on after sales service, dealer-network rating and expected resale value if possible. An engine displacement of 1998 cc vs. Audi A3 1962 cc;-) wherein the Cruze beats Audi in terms of engine power and acceleration !!
Old 12th January 2015, 13:28   #930
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Vijay View Post
It will be nice if the review can carry some points on after sales service, dealer-network rating and expected resale value if possible. An engine displacement of 1998 cc vs. Audi A3 1962 cc;-) wherein the Cruze beats Audi in terms of engine power and acceleration !!
A considered question indeed. My experience with Metro Chevrolet here in Delhi is proactively and painstakingly customer friendly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks