Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2015, 14:40   #931
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

I own a 2012 cruze(150bhp version). I am facing some issues with starting up the car since a month now. It is always in the morning when i start up my car i notice that the engine makes a different sort of noise , the vibrations felt inside the car are also different and the car produces lot of smoke form the back. But the thing is , it is just for about 5 seconds and only when i start up the car in the morning and after 5 seconds everything is back to normal and does not happen throughout the day.
Has anyone faces such an issue before and is it just a normal engine warm up before the engine ideals up ? It's been happening since a month , never faced this issue before
Old 16th February 2015, 22:07   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post
I own a 2012 cruze(150bhp version). I am facing some issues with starting up the car since a month now. It is always in the morning when i start up my car i notice that the engine makes a different sort of noise , the vibrations felt inside the car are also different and the car produces lot of smoke form the back. But the thing is , it is just for about 5 seconds and only when i start up the car in the morning and after 5 seconds everything is back to normal and does not happen throughout the day.
Has anyone faces such an issue before and is it just a normal engine warm up before the engine ideals up ? It's been happening since a month , never faced this issue before
I have the same model. 2012 Cruze. Faced the exact issue. Additionally, it would take just a touch longer to start the engine. Ie it cranked a bit longer to start the engine. There is no problem with your engine. The battery is dieing. It'll give away soon. Change it right away.

Beware. It gives way in a spectacular fashion. No warning other than what you are facing now. I used the car on my daily drive. Came home parked it at around 4. Headed out at 10. Tried to start. No reaction at all.
rangakishen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 08:21   #933
BHPian

The same issue came in my 2013 cruze where it would not start however all other electrical / electronic items would work. My car remained in workshop for a week where they changed the fuse box , starter still issue persist then on changing the battery the issue was identified as battery about to die.
It's been one month on the new battery don't see the issue re-occurring .
RishiSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 19:36   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
I have the same model. 2012 Cruze. Faced the exact issue. Additionally, it would take just a touch longer to start the engine. Ie it cranked a bit longer to start the engine. There is no problem with your engine. The battery is dieing. It'll give away soon. Change it right away.

Beware. It gives way in a spectacular fashion. No warning other than what you are facing now. I used the car on my daily drive. Came home parked it at around 4. Headed out at 10. Tried to start. No reaction at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
The same issue came in my 2013 cruze where it would not start however all other electrical / electronic items would work. My car remained in workshop for a week where they changed the fuse box , starter still issue persist then on changing the battery the issue was identified as battery about to die.
It's been one month on the new battery don't see the issue re-occurring .

Well that battery issue i faced earlier and therefore replaced my 3 year old battery just 5 months back and that did resolve my problem. But this is a bit different. I don't think would produce lot of smoke because the battery is about to die. I am sure it's not because of the battery.
Old 23rd February 2015, 08:36   #935
BHPian

Production of lot of smoke at start up my guess is due to adulterated diesel. You might want to get it inspected
Old 22nd March 2015, 13:57   #936
Distinguished - BHPian

Carried out 3 1/2 year service except timing belt change. Cost was 26k including rear brake pad change for 7k, coolant change for 2k and engine decarb for 1.6k. Car feels like New!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-20150321_153331.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-20150321_153342.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-20150321_095909.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-20150321_095841.jpg  

Old 6th April 2015, 16:47   #937
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Which Model of 2010 is your car? Bought it brand new?

So in 50K kms have you replaced brake pads twice? What was the cost each time?
Hi, mobike008. I understand from the posts, that you are from Hyderabad. After having read though several posts on Cruze I have shortlisted it. Just wanted to understand, how is the after sales Service of the 2 dealers of chevy in Hyd?
Old 22nd April 2015, 15:31   #938
psn
BHPian

I am planning to buy a car and Chevy Cruze LTZ AT was on top of my list. After all the research etc. today came across something totally new which I had never thought of before.
Spoke to HDFC bank for a loan and it seems that HDFC Bank Ltd. in Hyderabad does not give a 7 year loan to buy a Chevrolet Cruze as the total number of Cruze being sold is less than 100 numbers.
Old 22nd April 2015, 17:46   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Carried out 3 1/2 year service except timing belt change. Cost was 26k including rear brake pad change for 7k, coolant change for 2k and engine decarb for 1.6k. Car feels like New!!!!
Today my front right brake pad got worn out. I could not make out earlier but the only indication came was when it started making the noise by rubbing against the disc. Luckily i could sense it in 10 kms of the noise (hoping not much of damage done to disc).

Were your front disc pads OK? or you were advised to get that replaced too?.
I am taking the car to service center and will have all the 4 disc brake pads assessed and replace the ones that are worn out.
Old 23rd April 2015, 00:21   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psn View Post
I am planning to buy a car and Chevy Cruze LTZ AT was on top of my list. After all the research etc. today came across something totally new which I had never thought of before.
Spoke to HDFC bank for a loan and it seems that HDFC Bank Ltd. in Hyderabad does not give a 7 year loan to buy a Chevrolet Cruze as the total number of Cruze being sold is less than 100 numbers.
Did you manage to get a test drive? I am looking at the Cruze too and none of the dealers are interested in giving me a test drive. Although I have only placed the enquiry via the website.
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:16   #941
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adentist View Post
Did you manage to get a test drive? I am looking at the Cruze too and none of the dealers are interested in giving me a test drive. Although I have only placed the enquiry via the website.
Hi adentist, I have managed to test drive the vehicle at Orange Chevrolet, Jubilee Hills. However, the test drive was too short (around KBR park) for me to really understand the car. They have a policy that the test drive has to be in a radius of 3 kms only.
Also, though the showroom is open on sunday's, the vehicle is not available for test drive on that day.
Add to that the car is not on display. So my family is yet to see the car, as I can only go on a sunday.
Its such an ardous task to even think of buying a Cruze.
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:08   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psn View Post
Its such an ardous task to even think of buying a Cruze.
Actually, it is an arduous task buying a D segment car . None of the dealers except Skoda have been interested in giving me a test drive. For the Jetta, I have visited the showroom, sent an enquiry via the website, but still no test drive. Nobody is interested in selling D segment cars it seems.
adentist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 20:18   #943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
Today my front right brake pad got worn out. I could not make out earlier but the only indication came was when it started making the noise by rubbing against the disc. Luckily i could sense it in 10 kms of the noise (hoping not much of damage done to disc).

Were your front disc pads OK? or you were advised to get that replaced too?.
I am taking the car to service center and will have all the 4 disc brake pads assessed and replace the ones that are worn out.
Hi, rotor discs still ok according to my service adviser. Anyway front rotors about 5k each anyway. Front pads lasted around 38k and rear now changed at around 55k.
Old 25th April 2015, 23:14   #944
BHPian

My front n rear pads lasted only 22K all thanks to traffic of the city that never sleeps n all you have is bumper to bumper traffic .
Total cost I paid for replacing disc brake pads n skimming disc was 20K
Old 28th April 2015, 08:20   #945
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adentist View Post
Actually, it is an arduous task buying a D segment car . None of the dealers except Skoda have been interested in giving me a test drive. For the Jetta, I have visited the showroom, sent an enquiry via the website, but still no test drive. Nobody is interested in selling D segment cars it seems.
Hi Adentist, any update on your search for a D-segment car? Did you manage to test drive the Cruze? What did you think of it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks