Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2015, 10:15   #946
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by psn View Post
Hi Adentist, any update on your search for a D-segment car? Did you manage to test drive the Cruze? What did you think of it?
I did manage to drive the Cruze automatic. I liked it a lot except for the space at the back. But, since I am interested in buying a manual version I am waiting for test driving the manual version.
Old 2nd May 2015, 20:35   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Adentist, any update on your search for a D-segment car? Did you manage to test drive the Cruze? What did you think of it?
psn, did you purchase the Cruze? What kind of discounts are you getting?
Old 4th May 2015, 00:05   #948
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adentist View Post
Hi, Have not purchased as yet.
The discount being given till now is Rs. 20,000 in cash.But am trying for more. I am in no hurry.
In addition, they were also going to give me additional exchange bonus of Rs. 30000 for my older car. They haven't got back to me for the rate that they will give for my existing car.
I have already told them that I won't be taking insurance through them, so that will reduce the price further. For insurance I will also be using NCB to further reduce my cost of insurance.
However, right now the downer for me where Cruze is concerned is that HDFC is not giving me 7 year loan. I am planning to go to SBI to see if they will. But haven't had the time to do so.
Kindly, let me know the offer you are getting from them.
Old 4th May 2015, 15:25   #949
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Dear adentist,
In addition to the challenges that I am facing to buy the Cruze, After going through several posts here, and obviously loving the car, I have not been able to make up my mind on it.
The test drive given was too short to understand the car. Add to that the dismal sales numbers are also .
Also the dealerships itself dont look very pleasant. They somehow give me the same feeling which I got when I was buying a Matiz. The car was great, but as during the ownership the company shut shop, maintaining became a big big headache. I know Chevrolet is not a Daweoo...though Daewoo is a Chevrolet now, but it wasn't a pleasant experience.
So I am still bidding my time and making up my mind before I put in 20 lakhs on this car. Let me know how your experience has been with it.
Old 4th May 2015, 20:23   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Dear adentist,
In addition to the challenges that I am facing to buy the Cruze, After going through several posts here, and obviously loving the car, I have not been able to make up my mind on it.
The test drive given was too short to understand the car. Add to that the dismal sales numbers are also .
Also the dealerships itself dont look very pleasant. They somehow give me the same feeling which I got when I was buying a Matiz. The car was great, but as during the ownership the company shut shop, maintaining became a big big headache. I know Chevrolet is not a Daweoo...though Daewoo is a Chevrolet now, but it wasn't a pleasant experience.
So I am still bidding my time and making up my mind before I put in 20 lakhs on this car. Let me know how your experience has been with it.
I have not been to the Chevrolet showroom yet. But, I can understand your concern. On their website they list a Hitech City showroom which has been closed for quite some time now. I spend close to an hour looking for it near Kondapur. Also, I plan to buy using a company lease and the lease provider does not consider it a worthy vehicle. It is not listed as an option to lease.

My experience with almost all D segment car showrooms has been mixed, except for Toyota. Most will not bother to call your or will not have a test drive vehicle. You are supposed to buy a 20 lakh car by just looking at the brochure and sitting in it according to them . Some like the Jetta don't even bother with brochures.
Old 4th May 2015, 22:38   #951
psn
BHPian

Quote:
I have not been to the Chevrolet showroom yet. But, I can understand your concern. On their website they list a Hitech City showroom which has been closed for quite some time now. I spend close to an hour looking for it near Kondapur. Also, I plan to buy using a company lease and the lease provider does not consider it a worthy vehicle. It is not listed as an option to lease.

My experience with almost all D segment car showrooms has been mixed, except for Toyota. Most will not bother to call your or will not have a test drive vehicle. You are supposed to buy a 20 lakh car by just looking at the brochure and sitting in it according to them . Some like the Jetta don't even bother with brochures.
Good news about Chevrolet. They have finally, after 20 years of being in India have realized that there is a huge potential in Indian market. Now they intend to make India a manufacturing hub. Thats a 20 year long market research, but I feel that if, they do, do what they have decided to do, we might have better quality. So either I will wait for that to happen or wait till festive season and try and get better discount.
Old 8th May 2015, 17:05   #952
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Good news about Chevrolet. They have finally, after 20 years of being in India have realized that there is a huge potential in Indian market. Now they intend to make India a manufacturing hub. Thats a 20 year long market research, but I feel that if, they do, do what they have decided to do, we might have better quality. So either I will wait for that to happen or wait till festive season and try and get better discount.
Hi adentist,
Just read about a discount of Rs. 50,000 on cruze on autocarindia.com and also in the newspaper 2 days ago, there was a full page ad of Chevy mentioning a discount of **1.08 lakhs on Cruze. I couldn't figure out the details of ** though. So I don't know the riders.
Old 9th May 2015, 15:59   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Hi adentist,

Just read about a discount of Rs. 50,000 on cruze on autocarindia.com and also in the newspaper 2 days ago, there was a full page ad of Chevy mentioning a discount of **1.08 lakhs on Cruze. I couldn't figure out the details of ** though. So I don't know the riders.

I talked to the sales guy today. The offer is 52k maintenance package free.
I think the additional offer must be the 30k exchange and 15k corp discount.
Old 16th May 2015, 11:54   #954
psn
BHPian

Quote:
I talked to the sales guy today. The offer is 52k maintenance package free.
I think the additional offer must be the 30k exchange and 15k corp discount.
Hi Adentist, which dealer are you speaking with? Kun or Orange?
Old 30th May 2015, 00:58   #955
psn
BHPian

Hi all,

I have finally gone ahead and booked a Cruze LTZ AT today. Its been an amazingly interesting experience.

- Firstly my present car is an Ivtec Honda City 2009, was perfect even after 76000 kms on it
- Secondly for some reason buying a Chevrolet vehicle means explaining to everyone as to why a Chevy.

After so many questions one starts to ask the same question to himself. Anyhow, time will tel. At this time, after reading so many posts and reviews on team-bhp and all the other sites, I am taking a leap of faith that this product will serve me well. Selling a Honda has probably been one of the most difficult things to do as I still am not sure if I am doing the right thing. It has served me extremely well. It was extremely comfortable, reliable, efficient and most important, fun to drive. I could drive it in higher gears and drive around sedately the whole day or downshift and feel the power going to the front wheels and becoming a manic of sorts. With time I upgraded a few things to make it my own. The car had wider tires(195) which made handling much better as compared to the stock(175).

I also got tweeters fitted from Honda itself, which improved the already sounding music system to make it sound awesome. The last was a the best upgrade I made. I got Honda OEM ambient lighting fitted to it. At night, with the music, car cruising at comfortable speeds and this ambient light enhancing the cabin, made for some wonderful and memorable experiences. Sob Sob..and most importantly the first word that my son ever said I think is Honda. I think I am really stupid to sell it.

So, why this decision? coz I am a petrolhead and Dil to Bacha Hai ji..need to move on and try something new. I would like to thank everybody who put up posts on Cruze on team-bhp, which were so exciting that I couldn't resist taking this step. Will give a long and able farewell to my City by writing my long-term report and put pics of it. And once I get the cruze start posting about it regularly.

Last edited by ampere : 30th May 2015 at 01:42. Reason: Formatted Post
Old 30th May 2015, 15:23   #956

I have decided to join the CRUZE family. Booked my new Chevy Cruze LTZ AT on 16th May 2015. Expecting the car by 3rd of June. The reviews in Team-BHP has helped me make the decision. Thanks to all.
sunswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 19:52   #957
Distinguished - BHPian

Great stuff guys! Congrats and welcome. Am a proud LT owner for 4 years and 63k+
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 13:51   #958
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunswift View Post
I have decided to join the CRUZE family. Booked my new Chevy Cruze LTZ AT on 16th May 2015. Expecting the car by 3rd of June. The reviews in Team-BHP has helped me make the decision. Thanks to all.

Sunswift, Good to know I am not the only one who is buying a Cruze. Really tired of explaining to everyone why Cruze and why not, XUV,Duster, Octavia, Jetta etc etc..
Old 1st June 2015, 17:55   #959

Quote:
Sunswift, Good to know I am not the only one who is buying a Cruze. Really tired of explaining to everyone why Cruze and why not, XUV,Duster, Octavia, Jetta etc etc..
Thank you. The apprehension of about Chevy Cruze by certain people are only due to some misleading information they have come across. They have in one of Cruze to know the real fact.

I have been driving Jetta for last four years no doubt it has very good built quality and good engine under the hood. But VW is very miser in providing some useful features which even lower segment car have.
Old 4th June 2015, 10:18   #960
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunswift View Post
Thank you. The apprehension of about Chevy Cruze by certain people are only due to some misleading information they have come across. They have in one of Cruze to know the real fact.

I have been driving Jetta for last four years no doubt it has very good built quality and good engine under the hood. But VW is very miser in providing some useful features which even lower segment car have.
Dear Sunswift, Have you taken the delivery of your car? Kindly, post pictures and share your experience.

Most Viewed