Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 21:46   #961

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by psn View Post
Dear Sunswift, Have you taken the delivery of your car? Kindly, post pictures and share your experience.
Dear PSN, I will be definitely posting the pictures. I will take delivery tomorrow.
Old 10th August 2015, 20:57   #962

Congratulations psn!!!
For everyone one, I am from Hyderabad. I have been a regular visitor to TBHP but never posted. I watch TBHP for learning anything and everything about cars. I am one of those one-side-secret-lover
back to context:
I currently own a Ford Ikon 1.6 Exi (2005) and looking to upgrade. I decided to go with Cruze. Did a test drive last week. I liked it.
psn, could you please let me know the discount(s) you got from Orange HYD?
I am being given 10K corporate, 10K cash, 30K exchange. I sense that there is more possible. Can you help me here?
Another question: I read in another thread on TBHP that there is a facelift coming in Oct-2015? I called the sales guy and he says, he is not aware of anything like that except the 2016 upgrade.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...m-october.html

Quote:
Hi all,

I have finally gone ahead and booked a Cruze LTZ AT today. Its been an amazingly interesting experience.

- Firstly my present car is an Ivtec Honda City 2009, was perfect even after 76000 kms on it
- Secondly for some reason buying a Chevrolet vehicle means explaining to everyone as to why a Chevy.

After so many questions one starts to ask the same question to himself. Anyhow, time will tel. At this time, after reading so many posts and reviews on team-bhp and all the other sites, I am taking a leap of faith that this product will serve me well. Selling a Honda has probably been one of the most difficult things to do as I still am not sure if I am doing the right thing. It has served me extremely well. It was extremely comfortable, reliable, efficient and most important, fun to drive. I could drive it in higher gears and drive around sedately the whole day or downshift and feel the power going to the front wheels and becoming a manic of sorts. With time I upgraded a few things to make it my own. The car had wider tires(195) which made handling much better as compared to the stock(175).

I also got tweeters fitted from Honda itself, which improved the already sounding music system to make it sound awesome. The last was a the best upgrade I made. I got Honda OEM ambient lighting fitted to it. At night, with the music, car cruising at comfortable speeds and this ambient light enhancing the cabin, made for some wonderful and memorable experiences. Sob Sob..and most importantly the first word that my son ever said I think is Honda. I think I am really stupid to sell it.

So, why this decision? coz I am a petrolhead and Dil to Bacha Hai ji..need to move on and try something new. I would like to thank everybody who put up posts on Cruze on team-bhp, which were so exciting that I couldn't resist taking this step. Will give a long and able farewell to my City by writing my long-term report and put pics of it. And once I get the cruze start posting about it regularly.
Old 31st August 2015, 11:33   #963
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrider View Post
Congratulations psn!!!
For everyone one, I am from Hyderabad. I have been a regular visitor to TBHP but never posted. I watch TBHP for learning anything and everything about cars. I am one of those one-side-secret-lover
back to context:
I currently own a Ford Ikon 1.6 Exi (2005) and looking to upgrade. I decided to go with Cruze. Did a test drive last week. I liked it.
psn, could you please let me know the discount(s) you got from Orange HYD?
I am being given 10K corporate, 10K cash, 30K exchange. I sense that there is more possible. Can you help me here?
Another question: I read in another thread on TBHP that there is a facelift coming in Oct-2015? I called the sales guy and he says, he is not aware of anything like that except the 2016 upgrade.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...m-october.html
Hi Newrider, Sorry about the delay in replying. Hope you havent bought your car. The total Discount that you should target is nothing less than 70K. Orange Offered me 60k. Plus I also felt that the sales person of Orange wasn't very knowledgeable and transparent. Talk to Kun. Speak with Ram More or Krishna. Tell him you are a friend of Pathik Nimbalkar.
I got a total of 70K Cash Discount+ mats + mud flaps+additional accessories worth 5000 free. Plus took NCB from Insurance company so that reduced insurance from 50k to 25k. There was even more saving, but I can't share that information in this forum.

As far as what I have read, Oct is when GM will launch the new look Cruze, with updated bumpers and Mylink music system. Mylink should be something you should wait for, coz though this system sounds good, it has a lot of limitations in terms of features and functionality. I am expecting the price to increase after the upgrade though. Also, maybe once the new one comes, and budget is a concern, you might be able to get a good offer on the present car for GM to offload its inventory.

Last edited by psn : 31st August 2015 at 11:36.
Old 1st September 2015, 21:48   #964

Quote:
Hi Newrider, Sorry about the delay in replying. Hope you havent bought your car. The total Discount that you should target is nothing less than 70K. Orange Offered me 60k. Plus I also felt that the sales person of Orange wasn't very knowledgeable and transparent. Talk to Kun. Speak with Ram More or Krishna. Tell him you are a friend of Pathik Nimbalkar.
I got a total of 70K Cash Discount+ mats + mud flaps+additional accessories worth 5000 free. Plus took NCB from Insurance company so that reduced insurance from 50k to 25k. There was even more saving, but I can't share that information in this forum.

As far as what I have read, Oct is when GM will launch the new look Cruze, with updated bumpers and Mylink music system. Mylink should be something you should wait for, coz though this system sounds good, it has a lot of limitations in terms of features and functionality. I am expecting the price to increase after the upgrade though. Also, maybe once the new one comes, and budget is a concern, you might be able to get a good offer on the present car for GM to offload its inventory.
Oh. Oh. Oh. Looks like I missed out on a bunch of things. I should have probably waited.
I indeed went ahead and got my ghost home.
First I need to mention that KUN shut their shop in HYD, more than a month now!!! Left with only Orange (no apples to compare). Monopoly.
I tried my best to get the discounts/offers whatever possible, but I got "only what is mentioned on the website", nothing more.
All I got is 10K corporate discount + that 3 year maintenance package + 2 years extended warranty + 30K exchange bonus.
Don't know if that was a good bargain, or not.
Also, I checked with the sales guy about the October release of new Cruze, he said there is nothing like that in pipeline. I asked about this in other thread on TBHP, but did not get any answer. Hence I went ahead and purchased.
Nevertheless, its history. All I see is my ghost keeping me excited, high and up day and night!!! Love this car!
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:35   #965
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Oh. Oh. Oh. Looks like I missed out on a bunch of things. I should have probably waited.
I indeed went ahead and got my ghost home.
First I need to mention that KUN shut their shop in HYD, more than a month now!!! Left with only Orange (no apples to compare). Monopoly.
I tried my best to get the discounts/offers whatever possible, but I got "only what is mentioned on the website", nothing more.
All I got is 10K corporate discount + that 3 year maintenance package + 2 years extended warranty + 30K exchange bonus.
Don't know if that was a good bargain, or not.
Also, I checked with the sales guy about the October release of new Cruze, he said there is nothing like that in pipeline. I asked about this in other thread on TBHP, but did not get any answer. Hence I went ahead and purchased.
Nevertheless, its history. All I see is my ghost keeping me excited, high and up day and night!!! Love this car!
Congratulations to us on our new buys.Forget what I got as an offer,Like you said, it doesn't matter. Let us now enjoy the vehicle. Exchange appreciative glances with other Chevy owners on the road, for only we know the feeling. Take it on a long drive. I took mine to Suryapet via ORR and Highway to Vijaywada, and only after that did the engine really come alive. Till then the urban jungle had turned my Tiger into a pussy cat. Also after the 167 km drive one way, did the car become one with me.
Oh! and yes, after reading your reply, checked with Krishna Reddy. He said that, they are shifting sales office inside the service centre.

Happy Driving.
psn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 11:36   #966

Quote:
Congratulations to us on our new buys.
Thanks psn!!! and congratulations to both of us again

I had a glance-off with a new diamond-white Cruze other day. Such a nice feeling.. heh.
Oh yeah. I am enjoying my drive. I completed a total of 700 kms so far. I have been on the HYD-Warangal highway twice and once on ORR.
The Drive is awesome. Powerful, stable and smooth and I felt lot safer on my ghost!
My Ikon 1.6 Exi petrol was awesome too (I did good speeds), but never felt safer (obviously).
>>pussy cat: yes unfortunately. I drive Srinagar Colony-->Gachibowli in rush hour everyday. It is a pussy cat in this traffic.
Something I felt, I liked my Ikon better in stop/go traffic. Cruze does not feel alive in these conditions. This is my first diesel car. Is this something everyone goes through when shifting from petrol to diesel?

thanks,
Mad.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th September 2015 at 07:25. Reason: Mention of high speed driving removed
newrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 10:18   #967
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks psn!!! and congratulations to both of us again

I had a glance-off with a new diamond-white Cruze other day. Such a nice feeling.. heh.
Oh yeah. I am enjoying my drive. I completed a total of 700 kms so far. I have been on the HYD-Warangal highway twice and once on ORR.
The Drive is awesome. Powerful, stable and smooth and I felt lot safer on my ghost!
My Ikon 1.6 Exi petrol was awesome too (I did good speeds), but never felt safer (obviously).
>>pussy cat: yes unfortunately. I drive Srinagar Colony-->Gachibowli in rush hour everyday. It is a pussy cat in this traffic.
Something I felt, I liked my Ikon better in stop/go traffic. Cruze does not feel alive in these conditions. This is my first diesel car. Is this something everyone goes through when shifting from petrol to diesel?

thanks,
Mad.
Haha, You and I have such similar stories. This is my first Diesel car also. So I have no idea if all Turbo Diesels feel the same. I too think that my ANHC was far better in city. At my last reading my average speed was only 22.1 km\ph. For 2l turbo charged, 166 bhp 360 nm torque this speed is just an injustice.
What color is your Cruze? Mine is Sandrift Grey.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th September 2015 at 07:26. Reason: Quoted text edited
psn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 14:01   #968

Quote:
I went for Summit White... I liked Sandrift Grey, but the house voted for White, and I live in democracy
Old 11th October 2015, 14:11   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Haha, You and I have such similar stories. This is my first Diesel car also. So I have no idea if all Turbo Diesels feel the same. I too think that my ANHC was far better in city. At my last reading my average speed was only 22.1 km\ph. For 2l turbo charged, 166 bhp 360 nm torque this speed is just an injustice.
Hi Guys...After reading your thread I too am confused for a very long time which one to buy, Altis or the Cruze...I am a Chevy fan, you don't often hear people saying that but my Optra Manum ( 2009) has been a loyal workhorse and had never given me any problems till date. I might want to pick up something in next one month as I guess the year end discounts would also set in. Had purchased my Optra Magnum 1.6LS for an OTR of 8.5L.

My Only issue with Cruze, when I has TD the vehicle 6-7 months back was the comfort level vis a vis the Optra Magnum bucket seats comfort. The back seats as well are far more comfortable in the OPTRA, I might be wrong and thus seeking your feedback on the Cruze. I would again calling for the TD and be doing an exhaustive check on the comfort levels once again.
gmalik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 14:32   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalik30 View Post
My Only issue with Cruze, when I has TD the vehicle 6-7 months back was the comfort level vis a vis the Optra Magnum bucket seats comfort. The back seats as well are far more comfortable in the OPTRA, I might be wrong and thus seeking your feedback on the Cruze. I would again calling for the TD and be doing an exhaustive check on the comfort levels once again.
If you are looking for space and rear seat comfort, you will be better with an Altis. Cruze back seat has least legroom and comfort in its category.
But there one thing that Altis cant deliver. The smile on your face when the speedo/rpm needle climbs. That is the only reason to buy a Cruze and you will enjoy it as long as you have the car.

I liked the cruze front seats compared to that of an Altis. Again that is a personal thing, you body might like another seat.

Maintenance wise, Cruze is a reliable car unless you get a lemon. Since you already own a Chevy, you know the cons of Chevy service. I do not know about Optra service costs, but Cruze service bills are on higher side, but much lower when compared to Octavia/Jetta.

Last edited by Holyghost : 11th October 2015 at 14:34.
Holyghost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 15:45   #971
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys...After reading your thread I too am confused for a very long time which one to buy, Altis or the Cruze...I am a Chevy fan, you don't often hear people saying that but my Optra Manum ( 2009) has been a loyal workhorse and had never given me any problems till date. I might want to pick up something in next one month as I guess the year end discounts would also set in. Had purchased my Optra Magnum 1.6LS for an OTR of 8.5L.

gmalik30, I can't compare the seat comfort of the Optra as I have not really experienced it. But, what I can share with you, is the experience of the seats of the Cruze. The Rear bench is comfortable with good support to the back, lower back and under thigh support. However, the leg room is at a premium. Also with the front seat being tall, the rear passenger is left staring at the head rest. Rear Seat is definitely not my favourite place to be in a Cruze because of all the black that one is surrounded in, it seems a bit gloomy. Whatever, little that I do know of the Optra rear bench, I think it is better than that of the Cruze.

The front seats though are very comfortable, with excellent side bolstering and with the number of ways that the seat can be adjusted, you can find a good comfortable driving position. The bottom part of the seat can also be adjusted individually to give better under thigh support.And like, Holyghost mentioned, the smile that the car delivers is something no car in that price bracket can deliver. Just to reiterate, front seat esp. the drivers seat is the best place to be in a Cruze

I have driven this car for a few long drives, and I've managed 2 hours of driving without feeling the need to get out and stretch.

Last edited by psn : 14th October 2015 at 15:51.
Old 20th October 2015, 19:18   #972
BHPian

guys, i changed my battery recently (couple of days ago) as the old one's charge had gone down considerably and was getting really long to start from cold. I already had an Amaron Pro DIN 74, since that was the one they changed in the service station 3 years ago when the stock AC Delco conked off. I did check with the SA and he said 74 AH should be fine, since i came to know that Cruze's battery spec was 80 AH.
Coming to the actual question, when i changed the battery at a shop near my home, the mechanic checked the voltage and it was showing almost 15.2 volts when accelerated. he was telling me that this was high and should be around 14.7 and wanted me to get the car checked, especially the alternator, since he felt it could be an issue. However when i called up my SA, he said thats nothing to worry since Cruze had this feature where it would automatically limit the voltage in case of a spike. Can someone tell me if this is indeed an issue or is it all fine? thanks in advance
Old 20th October 2015, 19:27   #973
BHPian

Quote:

i have a 2010 cruze ltz AT. I feel that the front seats lack cushioning, especially the place where you rest your butt. Due to this, it gets painful to drive without altering your seating position or getting out and stretching. its not just me but my brother who lives abroad, when he came down and drove it on a longer stretch, he also complained about the same. i just recently bought a BackJoy sitsmart and have been using it for a couple of days to ease the pain over longer drives. However, i feel they rectified this in the newer lot (read facelift) but please do a longer test drive to ensure you feel it satisfactory.
Old 23rd October 2015, 15:25   #974

Here is my Chevy Cruze LTZ AT. Took delivery in June 2015. The car has done 5000 km today. I am posting some photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-my-cruze_1_lr.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-my-cruze_3_lr.jpg  

sunswift is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 10:43   #975
BHPian

Great news for folks planning to jump in

Chevrolet Cruze prices slashed
Chevrolet has revised prices for the facelifted Cruze. The model’s prices have been slashed by up to Rs 86,000 for the top-spec LTZ automatic model. Prices for the facelifted Cruze now start at Rs 13.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) – Rs 73,000 less than its price at the time of launch, and go right up to Rs 16.95 lakh for the top-automatic variant.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-400408.aspx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks