Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2016, 07:54   #976
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

My 2011 LT's 82,500 service went off smoothly and costed around 13k without an oil change (due at 87,500). The main culprits were new wipers (around 2k with labour!) and usual fuel and air filter changes, AC vent cleaning, brake cleaning and inspection and suspension re-torquing.

Car feels much smoother after the service and I am very satisfied overall.
Old 30th August 2016, 15:29   #977
Senior - BHPian

Just needed an information from Cruze owners. Does Cruze have electric power steering or hydraulic power steering. Specifically the pre-2012 models. Similar info on Magnum needed.

Also, what was approximate ex-showroom price of LTZ variants in 2010-2011 time frame for Cruze and Magnum

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by funkykar : 30th August 2016 at 15:37.
Old 30th August 2016, 22:04   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Just needed an information from Cruze owners. Does Cruze have electric power steering or hydraulic power steering. Specifically the pre-2012 models. Similar info on Magnum needed.

Also, what was approximate ex-showroom price of LTZ variants in 2010-2011 time frame for Cruze and Magnum

Thanks in advance!
Magnum had hydraulic power steering.
Old 11th September 2016, 18:46   #979
BHPian

Hello Bhpians, I am looking for a used car from quite sometime now and happened to find a Chevrolet Cruze LT variant, 2010 model with 37K kms done. They have quoted 5 lacs for this car. I found this deal on Truebil.com, which I feel is a trusted used car website and has a marked a good rating for this particular car (4.0 out of 5.0).
Here is the link to the ad:

http://www.truebil.com/used-cars-in-...37181-kms-7668

I am more worried about the long term maintenance of this car since its already completed 6 years. I may finalize my decision in the next couple of weeks, hence any advices/experiences, especially from the existing Cruze owners/mods will be definitely helpful.
Old 3rd November 2017, 08:04   #980
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

My 2011 Cruze LT hit 100,000 km last week at ~6 years. Running well (touchwood) and personally driven for 75k km and then succession of hideous chauffeurs.
Consistent mileage of 11.5 and 10.5 in my and chauffeurs' hands respectively.
Only one breakdown caused by brake fluid leakage due to my own laziness in fixing it. AC stopped working once and some warranty came into play.
Major items changed include clutch & flywheel at 40k km, second set of brake pads, second battery, second set of tyres at 52k km.
Going in for 100k km service soon.
itwasntme is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 15:37   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
My 2011 Cruze LT hit 100,000 km last week at ~6 years. Running well (touchwood) and personally driven for 75k km and then succession of hideous chauffeurs.
Consistent mileage of 11.5 and 10.5 in my and chauffeurs' hands respectively.
Only one breakdown caused by brake fluid leakage due to my own laziness in fixing it. AC stopped working once and some warranty came into play.
Major items changed include clutch & flywheel at 40k km, second set of brake pads, second battery, second set of tyres at 52k km.
Well done!

My 2011 Cruze LT has yet to reach 30,000 km. But running well despite its sparse usage. The only breakdown it’s had was last month when the engine died suddenly without warning. Turns out, she threw out a code for air in the fuel lines due to not being driven for 6 months straight! After it was fixed, running like a charm again.

There are niggles though. The clutch master cylinder was replaced at 25,000 km in 2015 due to the clutch pedal falling to the floor during driving. This issue has returned once again last month, but hasn’t happened since.

Also the brake pads sticking to the rear discs after being parked overnight has been a constant niggle since the beginning.

Other than that, it has been super reliable! Still on her original clutch. However already on her 3rd battery as of last week, 4 new Bridgestone Potenzas in 2016 due to the factory fitted JK Vectras suffering from horrible wobble after 5 years. New Brembo front brake pads since early 2017.

Hope there are no major surprises in store in the coming years.
Old 3rd November 2017, 18:19   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Where do you plan to give it for service? Any idea how many authorized service centers are still active in Bangalore?
I did the 60K service and oil change from a FNG, but that did not go very well.

Last edited by Holyghost : 3rd November 2017 at 18:21.
Old 4th November 2017, 10:54   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Turns out, she threw out a code for air in the fuel lines due to not being driven for 6 months straight! After it was fixed, running like a charm again.
That is why they say, if there is a choice to buy a car - one that has been undriven and in the yard of the manufacturer brand new for 2 years and another car that has been driven for 2 years regularly, pick the one that has been driven regularly. Cars are best driven!

Most Viewed