Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 11:15   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Certainly its way too much. I know the pain of poor resale value after owning a GM car. I have decided to not to recommend anyone at least in Coimbatore where I was deeply disappointed with the service I received. My three years with them was restless.

If GM wants to come up with better branding, they need to invest on better service network, more sales and service dealers every where to give buyers confidence.
You are right agbenny that poor reslae value surely lowers one's confidence in the brand.. but in no way this car can be put in the 10-11 L segment looking at the fetaures its offering... 13-15L will be its price band ...
Old 8th October 2009, 11:26   #107
BHPian

I saw a cruze with yellow stickers (temp registration) today. Same bluish-gray color.
Looked really good with awesome road presence.

It cannot be a delivered vehicle as its not launched yet. Maybe someone was Test driving it.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:18   #108
BHPian

Yesterday (07-10-2009) was the Press Launch of the Cruze in Bangalore, but still the Price is not declared. The Information given to us is that the Price would be announced on 12-10-2009.

The Punch Line is "CHOOSE TO CRUZE"

TWO Top end Models LTZ in the same Bluish Gray Color were displayed.

When we were asked about the Price by the South Zone Manager, we quoted between 12-13.5 lacs ex-showroom depending on the variant.

Another Sales guy informed us, the Top end variant may come up to 15 lacs - On Road in Bangalore.

The seat height adjustment is manual - Cost cutting measure. And a small feature but useful on Long Drives - the Dead Pedal, is missing. The Central Locking Switch in the Central Console is good.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:26   #109
BHPian

The information that was provided by Kropex Bangalore showroom head was that the Cruze would be placed in the 13-15 lacs ranges.

The lag is something common across most of the Chevy cars, both petrol and diesel. Chevy should do some good working on the tuning part else Chevy enthusiasts will have to scoot around for custom made ECUs and all those mods.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:44   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1982 View Post
On road price for top of the line model in bombay is going to be around 14.75 according to the dealer i spoke to. He is taking bookings and charging a premium of 1 lakh for diwali delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Said the same thing on the other thread - the twice tugging funda.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hpians-13.html

IMO this is a tad dangerous with us Indians who might not be so well versed with this feature. With the car running, someone might merrily go on tugging the door open latch thinking the door is locked, and ouch .....

Surprised to see this... Fiat has this "twice lugging" from the day its been launched..... and I mean the Palio... not the Linea
Old 8th October 2009, 12:54   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
That was by far one of the best reviews. I read on the US site that this version of the car is to replace the optra in India, Base variants of optra may be sold at a cheaper rate.

Well... then we may see the same old story repeat itself... This car will be highly priced till the current Optra magnums are sold, and then bought down, after the magnums are phased out...

If that happens, it will be such a shame... that GM never learns from its mistakes
Old 8th October 2009, 13:03   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Surprised to see this... Fiat has this "twice lugging" from the day its been launched..... and I mean the Palio... not the Linea

hmm, good to know that. Any other car except the palio has this?
Old 8th October 2009, 13:49   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Bashani, how did you find clutch springback action. did you get a chance to drive it in bumper to bumper traffic, for example toll gate lines?
And tell me, when you first started the drive, did you stall the engine?
The car that I drove was brand new, had only 60 odd kms on the odo, I drove it around for quite some time in Bumper to bumper as well as open stretches of the highway.
Yes the clutch was aggressive, it had a sort of "kick back" which immediately grabbed my attention (partly because I had read your review before TDing the car ) but it was not too uncomfortable. I'm guessing your car had 7.5kms on it and that too of rough handling that could be the culprit to have magnified the problem.
Being aware of your review, I was conscious and did not stall the car the first time, but after a pit stop, the second time I certainly did. A friend who was along took the car off my hands (not more than 5 mins) stalled it twice, but once you were in gears above the first the car did not knock or stall at wide variations of speed.
In bumper to Bumper the car was a pain. Partly because being aware that it has 150 horses waiting to break loose but unfortunately most of them are bolted to the stable untill you cross the 17-1800 rpm mark. I own a hyundai verna aswell and have experience of turbo lag on it but the Verna throws you back when it hits its power band which i thought was not the case with the Cruze. I feel this is because of the tyres. The verna has tyres which are fit for a car 2 segments below unlike the Cruze. Can you correct me if I am wrong?
Old 8th October 2009, 13:54   #114
Team-BHP Support

Yes the Cruze has slightly better tires, but JK Vectras are nothing great either.
In comparison, the verna has this nervousness above 80-90kmph and feels twitchy. The Cruze feels planted at much higher speeds, and is a much better handler.

Normally even without abuse Hydraulic clutches tend to get harder. So I guess what I felt in a 7.5K done car, people may start feeling after 20K

But this should be looked at a clutch weakness.
Do this, shove her into 5th gear, and let her idle at 40kmph. Then floor the pedal. No jerks or judder, the beefy clutch will keep it smooth even when you are clearly lugging the engine.
There are no vibrations etc.,

I expect the heavy clutch to last a long time, but it will be better if Chevy does a retro or something to fix this issue. They can maybe increase clutch travel so that it engages slightly later, this will take care of stall problem.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:58   #115
BHPian

[quote=KRf1;1517547] .

Anyone can open the door from outside while you are in !

There is a Manual Lock in the Central Console in easy reach to manually lock the Car from inside.

This can be quite scary on our notorious signals with eunuchs etc .

So, Where else this problem is there????? In Bangalore eunuchs have taken over from the Beggars for the last 4-5 months. And the Beggars at Traffic signals have just vanished, whereever the Eunuchs have taken over the business. I think they might be having an agreement with the Beggars and the Police.

Last edited by jaaz : 8th October 2009 at 14:02.
Old 8th October 2009, 14:11   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post

How about the Ford Fiesta? The Locking as well as the opening lever both are same.
Old 8th October 2009, 14:20   #117
BHPian

[quote=jaaz;1520862]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRf1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRf1 View Post

Anyone can open the door from outside while you are in !

There is a Manual Lock in the Central Console in easy reach to manually lock the Car from inside.

This can be quite scary on our notorious signals with eunuchs etc .

So, Where else this problem is there????? In Bangalore eunuchs have taken over from the Beggars for the last 4-5 months. And the Beggars at Traffic signals have just vanished, whereever the Eunuchs have taken over the business. I think they might be having an agreement with the Beggars and the Police.
+1 to that. My windows are never down these days because of eunuch problem. Ha! Ha! nice thought actually :P .
Old 8th October 2009, 14:49   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the Cruze has slightly better tires, but JK Vectras are nothing great either.
In comparison, the verna has this nervousness above 80-90kmph and feels twitchy. The Cruze feels planted at much higher speeds, and is a much better handler.

Normally even without abuse Hydraulic clutches tend to get harder. So I guess what I felt in a 7.5K done car, people may start feeling after 20K

But this should be looked at a clutch weakness.
Do this, shove her into 5th gear, and let her idle at 40kmph. Then floor the pedal. No jerks or judder, the beefy clutch will keep it smooth even when you are clearly lugging the engine.

I expect the heavy clutch to last a long time, but it will be better if Chevy does a retro or something to fix this issue. They can maybe increase clutch travel so that it engages slightly later, this will take care of stall problem.
Now looking back, it seems like the Chevy india is clearly targeting the Laura. Aren't Skoda's typically known for lasting long. I remember an issue in Autocar where the Editor had travelled to Israel (I think) where the Octy's were running as cabs and his cab's odo was reading 500k
The hard plastics, the finish outside, the color scheme inside and now according to you even the clutch seems to be built to last.
About putting the car in 5th, I did that and was "Cruzing" along at around 40-50kms/hr and the car seemed perfectly alright, can't imagine doing that in my corolla, it would stall and the verna has this tendency to auto accelerate.
The cruze was slow but felt completely alright in that situation.
Old 8th October 2009, 14:49   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
First time am hearing this, clutch becomes hard due to wear and tear of parts like release bearing and stuff but hydrolics? If it was cable then i can understand.

Quote:
This car has drive by wire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
How about the Ford Fiesta? The Locking as well as the opening lever both are same.
Ford iKON also has the same, i suppose all fords in India
Old 8th October 2009, 15:24   #120
BHPian

11-12 for the top end diesel would be decision-made for me. But coupling a 13+- 14+ tag and the brand image, I only hope that GM has done their market research well......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks