Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 14:43   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
GM has to be worried about the Cruze. In the first month since launch, 800 odd cars. In the second (i.e. November), the Cruze is already down to 500 only! This, at a time when the overall market has leapt forward. But then, the Cruze is against some truly formidable competition. I have a feeling that its either the brand or the interiors that are killing the deal.
could this be due to the general slump that the market undergoes towards the end of the year when in general the all motor sale do tend to taper down as we reach the year end. A lot many people hold their purchases to the next year, So may be the sales might pick up post 2009. Also will most other cars have some year end discounts towards the year end to boost the slump in sales so may be the purchasers are weighing their options. Will be interesting to note the sales figures in december though. Is GM giving any year end offers currently?
Old 8th December 2009, 15:50   #482

Hey Sameer, congratulations on your purchase! Drive safe.

I too have booked the car 4 weeks back, and am still without even delivery date - yes you guessed right; I want a White Cruze... I really do not understand why GM can't make more white cars if the demand is higher. Just two hours back, I blasted the GM Sales of Gujarat for not coming up with the delivery schedule. I guess I now know the reason, as the hapless guy was just without any answers (I even threatened him that I will cancel my booking and will buy a Civic instead ;0).

You have just confirmed what I was thinking for my Cruze - to upgrade the tyres. I think the OEM tyres are not the best tyres for a speed monster like Cruze. Even rosh2 was thinking to get this changed. Have you thought which tyres will you go for?

Also wanted to ask if you got any accessories fitted in your new car? I saw on their website that they have some custom-made accessories, but have not see them personally.

Once again, thanks for the initial review. Do write a full ownership report with more pictures.
Old 8th December 2009, 16:31   #483
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the cruze's looks are really nice - very european somehow.
also my own impression is that in some ways its side profile resembles the older Skoda Superb - especially the roof-line.
Nice car. Was surprised to read about the palpable "turbo lag" mentioned in this thread. Must test drive it soon and find out more about it.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:15   #484
BHPian

Thanks Rajiv. I can understand what you are going through. If you can wait then wait for the White Cruze as its the ultimate color. Black comes a close second. I could not wait as I had sold my Skoda Octavia and needed the new car badly. As you are in Ahmedabad just contact the top management guys at GM and speed up the delivery. The dealer cannot be trusted as they are kept in the dark by GM. You can get the contact nos of Halol plant from the GM India Website. If you start pushing hard then only these guys will deliver the White soon. If not you will have to opt for another color. Along with me one more person had booked the white at the same time. The dealer prioritize his delivery because he was their regular customer who had more influence than me and has booked 3 white Cruze I believe. Also corporate customers are getting priority. Anyways best of luck.

I have few options for tires like Michelin Good Year F1 and Yokohama. The Nanking are cheaper than those mentioned before. Once I fix them will update here.

No I havent fixed any accessories as of now. The dealer has a price list of them. Except the mapmyindia GPS nothing excited me. I might set up GPS sometime later.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:38   #485
BHPian

Sameer, thats a good purchase. Do you intend to go for HID Lamps? And is that sun roof provided by Webesto?
Old 9th December 2009, 11:43   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Sameer, thats a good purchase. Do you intend to go for HID Lamps? And is that sun roof provided by Webesto?
Thanx. No HID for me as I do a lot of Highway Driving. HID is not suitable for highways for me as well as on coming vehicles. The sunroof is factory fitted. Do not know the vendor.
Old 9th December 2009, 12:05   #487
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
could this be due to the general slump that the market undergoes towards the end of the year when in general the all motor sale do tend to taper down as we reach the year end.
The overall market grew a whopping 60% in November! Everyone has recorded positive growth. The only company to lose out on YOY sales was the Mahindra Logan. A cheap car with an expensive pricetag.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:54   #488

My new car

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum.

Just got delivery of my new Chevy Cruze LTZ last friday. Initially booked two weeks before Friday the 13th of November and we were supposed to get it on that date. But due to a mess up by Sundaram Motors Chennai regarding the colour we'd asked for (Atlantis Blue), we ended up getting it only last Friday.

We also ordered 27k worth of accessories (the floor mats, mud guards, boot mat, door sill light etc, did both the 3M underbody coating and the diamondbrite paint protection), and that doesn't include the GPS which we didn't get. The car's running fine and the clutch isn't as hard as the test drive car we drove. Frankly this is my Dad's car as such, he lets me drive only the Baleno on a regular basis, so I don't have enough experience in the cruze to comment on it. We took a trip to Vellore on Sunday and the Cruze was great on the highways. Only thing is we did rev it a bit hard (reached 150kmph once on the trip, otherwise it was under 100), and we're a bit worried about the run-in period thing. But the manual only said "the first few hundred kilometres", it doesn't give a definite run-in period.

They've put in a smoother looking chrome tipped tail pipe on the more recent Cruzes rather than the plain one on the first few (including the test cars).
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-05122009356.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-05122009357.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-05122009358.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-05122009359.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-06122009362.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-06122009361.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 17:11   #489
BHPian

I like this colour, though I feel the Cruze looks best in white. Can you post some interior pics, especially rear legroom.

It appears your lab is equally fascinated by this latest acquisition.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:10   #490

Congratulations on your new purchase! Waiting for an ownership report.
Old 10th December 2009, 19:47   #491
BHPian

i love your dog he is so cute!(why am i talking like a girl)

anyways congratulations and nice ride!!
Old 11th December 2009, 11:41   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grajasekar View Post
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum.
===============
They've put in a smoother looking chrome tipped tail pipe on the more recent Cruzes rather than the plain one on the first few (including the test cars).

Hi so both of us have got the delivery of the Cruze same day from Sundaram Motors Chennai. Infact I saw your car that day when it was getting ready for delivery. Congratulations on your Cruze. Its definately a chosen car!
Old 11th December 2009, 12:01   #493
BHPian

Here some pictures of my black Cruze after upsizing the tires to Good Year F1 225/45ZR17 and Flying Eagle 17" Alloys. After the change I noticed that there is a wobble in the steering between 100KMPH to 120KMPH. After crossing 120KMPH it subsides. I checked with the person whom I purchased the tires and alloys he said there is a slight gap in the center hub between the alloy and the disc, hence he needs to fix a ring there in order to avoid the Air passing thro the gap in high speeds which is causing the wobble. I have done balancing twice. Hope to get this sorted out. The shop guy was saying that these alloys are universal and not specific for Cruze hence the gap.

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc00264.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc00261.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc00265.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc00267.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc00268.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc00269.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc00290.jpg
Old 11th December 2009, 14:28   #494

thanks

Thank you everyone.

Will take pictures of the interiors when the car's at home. My dad's usually late coming back home with it so there isn't enough light to take pictures on my phone camera. :(

Not replacing any rims or tires for now, I think they should suffice. Found no handling issues on the recent nearly 300km trip from Chennai to Vellore and back.

Yes, Sameer I think you'd have seen my car. Looks good in black too. Saw a golden cruze today on the roads. But frankly the golden one looks better only under full lights inside the showroom.
Old 11th December 2009, 15:02   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Here some pictures of my black Cruze after upsizing the tires to Good Year F1 225/45ZR17 and Flying Eagle 17" Alloys. After the change I noticed that there is a wobble in the steering between 100KMPH to 120KMPH. After crossing 120KMPH it subsides. I checked with the person whom I purchased the tires and alloys he said there is a slight gap in the center hub between the alloy and the disc, hence he needs to fix a ring there in order to avoid the Air passing thro the gap in high speeds which is causing the wobble. I have done balancing twice. Hope to get this sorted out. The shop guy was saying that these alloys are universal and not specific for Cruze hence the gap.
Congrats bhaijan! Your car looks wicked/hawt with the black tint and the new alloys.. About the wobbling, fix it soon before any untoward incidents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks