Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2011, 11:31   #76
BHPian

Re: Nissan X-Trail : Test Drive & Review

Yesterday I hit a fairly large concrete block (lying besides flyover construction site)
There was a screeching sound under the driver side. I called Nissan service engineer to have underbody checked.

It was quite a deep scratch. I noticed there is thick rubber coating on underbody. It got damaged at that portion.
Picture below
Nissan X-Trail : Test Drive & Review-mobile-photo-142.jpg

At workshop, saw a new X Trail which got involved in accident. Hit by a bus while overtaking.
Right side completely damaged with steel shaft from bus piercing through front wheel upto rear door.
As told, all four survived. Three of them without a scratch, fourth one sitting behind driver got injured leg because of shaft.
All survived because of stiff chassis of X Trail and curtain airbags.
Nissan X-Trail : Test Drive & Review-mobile-photo-133.jpgNissan X-Trail : Test Drive & Review-mobile-photo-138.jpgNissan X-Trail : Test Drive & Review-mobile-photo-139.jpgNissan X-Trail : Test Drive & Review-mobile-photo-140.jpgNissan X-Trail : Test Drive & Review-mobile-photo-141.jpg
Raosaheb Desai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 22:50   #77
BANNED

Sorry to wake up an old thread,there is a 2009 xtrail for sale for around 8Lakhs. its done 85000 kms ,

can i buy it ? will it be a big risk?

how is the service cost for these cars,and willl it run 1.5L kms without problems? i think only brake pads,suspension and clutch will be needing service .

still need a idea from existing owners.

please advise me experts
Old 5th January 2014, 04:31   #78
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Sorry to wake up an old thread,there is a 2009 xtrail for sale for around 8Lakhs. its done 85000 kms , can i buy it ? will it be a big risk? how is the service cost for these cars,and willl it run 1.5L kms without problems? i think only brake pads,suspension and clutch will be needing service . still need a idea from existing owners. please advise me experts

8 lacs for a vehicle which has done 85000 kms and is a 2009 model seems unreasonably reasonable given your location.
Unless the seller is known to you, I would hazard that the odo has been fiddled, because a vehicle of this vintage in Bangalore would typically be priced at 10-12 ish.

A friend of mine bought an old X Trail (2006-2007 model) a year ago for around 11 lacs in Bangalore and that had crossed 100K kms.

The vehicle will need to be thoroughly checked out. Service history should be demanded for.
Other than the stuff you mentioned, you must also check the condition of the Turbo charger, because I am told that these tend to be squiffy at times.

I so dearly wanted one of these in 2011, but decided to go for a new Yeti instead because I was just too scared of what sort of gremlins I would get from the second hand market.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 09:03   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Sorry to wake up an old thread,there is a 2009 xtrail for sale for around 8Lakhs. its done 85000 kms ,
The refreshed version came in 2009 where they moved the meter console to the drive side rather than in the center like the older one. 8 lakhs is a very good price if you can verify the mileage.

These are very good cars and it has timing chain and not belt. It will easily run 2 lakhs. But as Shanker said please verify mileage at the dealer. Chennai dealers are major frauds like their counter parts elsewhere.

If it is new shape, getting parts are okay. For old shape it is hard to get body parts. Takes long time even if you order with dealer.

Service/Spares costs are on the higher side as it is a CBU. If the car you saw is a good car with genuine mileage, you can go for it as these are great cars.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 21:53   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
8 lacs for a vehicle which has done 85000 kms and is a 2009 model seems unreasonably reasonable given your location.
Unless the seller is known to you, I would hazard that the odo has been fiddled, because a vehicle of this vintage in Bangalore would typically be priced at 10-12 ish..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Chennai dealers are major frauds like their counter parts elsewhere.
Thank you both for the insights ,btw this is 2007 so its a pre face lift model,I some how feel that the grill in front is not the OE one,please look at the actual photo and let me know.

Car is with a dealer and when i called him he said someone had confirmed it already so he would let me know by monday (6/jan)

My doubt is whether it can be services in say in some good garages instead of Nissan Dealers, accident repairs will be ok if its not a panel change but other things like head light ,tail light , clutch ,brake pads ect can the spares be bought over the counter or from mumbai , delhi ect??

How about this service station called PSN car lounge in guindy?

BTW TINI - i never knew the chennai nissan dealers are frauds , guess you are talking about sherif nissan?
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan X-Trail : Test Drive & Review-xtrail.jpg  

Old 6th January 2014, 03:04   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you both for the insights ,btw this is 2007 so its a pre face lift model,I some how feel that the grill in front is not the OE one,please look at the actual photo and let me know. Car is with a dealer and when i called him he said someone had confirmed it already so he would let me know by monday (6/jan) My doubt is whether it can be services in say in some good garages instead of Nissan Dealers, accident repairs will be ok if its not a panel change but other things like head light ,tail light , clutch ,brake pads ect can the spares be bought over the counter or from mumbai , delhi ect?? How about this service station called PSN car lounge in guindy? BTW TINI - i never knew the chennai nissan dealers are frauds , guess you are talking about sherif nissan?

The grille is certainly not OEM Nissan. Clearly after market.
My memory of PSN - PS Natarajan from a decade and more ago is that he was always a great car enthusiast. Used to have a garage just off Nungambakkam High Road. He was always well thought of, so I guess you should be ok there.
The other choice I guess would be Electra - Kamlesh Patel's garage. Another first class place for servicing.
Old 6th January 2014, 04:15   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I some how feel that the grill in front is not the OE one,please look at the actual photo and let me know.

My doubt is whether it can be services in say in some good garages instead of Nissan Dealers, accident repairs will be ok if its not a panel change but other things like head light ,tail light , clutch ,brake pads ect can the spares be bought over the counter or from mumbai , delhi ect??
The grill and bumper are OEM. This was sold as a separate model (I don't recollect the name now though) by nissan themselves.

This is the T30 X-trail. This model has only one major problem: Iffy turbo's. If you can judge the turbo's health by some way, and find it to be good, then by all means go ahead and buy the car. Another thing to look out for is the upper glovebox. It is a known problem in international models, for this glovebox to break easily. Don't know whether the problem is seen in the models sold in India.

Quote:
You can do the routine servicing in FNG's. Wear and tear parts are available easily, atleast here in bombay.

However, the rare and rare-er parts are hard to come by (even via the dealers). None of the parts are sold over the counter, so don't even bank on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The grille is certainly not OEM Nissan. Clearly after market.
Nope. It is OEM Nissan. I don't remember the name though.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 06:57   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
The grill and bumper are OEM. car
Thanks. I did not know that. Having said that, the original design seemed much more elegant.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 09:16   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@joshguy:

Don't pay more than 7 lakhs for this. This model has been on the market for a couple of months now. It was first listed at 7.9 or something like that. You will definitely get it for low 7s.

I meant the used car dealers are mostly cheats. Most odo's are tampered.
Old 24th February 2014, 13:48   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan X-Trail SUV, 370Z discontinued in India

Quote:
Nissan X-Trail sold 7 units last year while the 370Z found no takers.
Source:ACI

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th February 2014 at 13:51.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 08:45   #86
BHPian

Sorry for bumping up an old thread.
All Nissan X-Trail owners - you have distinguished company.
Wing Commander Rakesh Sharma, the first Indian Cosmonaut in Space - his present ride is a red Nissan XTrail 2.2 GDI. His first car was a Nissan Cherry (aka Nissan Pulsar).
Found this in a recent article in 'The Hindu' titled 'A Wheelie in Space' (Link)
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 16:59   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Wing Commander Rakesh Sharma, the first Indian Cosmonaut in Space - his present ride is a red Nissan XTrail 2.2 GDI. His first car was a Nissan Cherry (aka Nissan Pulsar).
Found this in a recent article in 'The Hindu' titled 'A Wheelie in Space' (Link)
Pleased to know!
2.2 GDI model is old though, must have been driving it for a while It was discontinued in 2009 and was replaced with 2.0 along with conventional dash and redone headlights.

Its a gem of a vehicle though, only issue is supply of spares, expensive servicing and a fuel economy of 9-9.5.
Cheers!
ashish.uno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 14:48   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Happy to know I have good company
(nitpicking, but the nomenclature is dCi, not GDI).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish.uno View Post
Pleased to know!
2.2 GDI model is old though, must have been driving it for a while It was discontinued in 2009 and was replaced with 2.0 along with conventional dash and redone headlights.

Its a gem of a vehicle though, only issue is supply of spares, expensive servicing and a fuel economy of 9-9.5.
Cheers!
Never had issue with supply of any spares. The pricing is not expensive, but neither cheap. My f.e. has never been below 10 kmpl even in peak stop go traffic.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 3rd July 2017, 23:32   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Happy to know I have good company
(nitpicking, but the nomenclature is dCi, not GDI).

Never had issue with supply of any spares. The pricing is not expensive, but neither cheap. My f.e. has never been below 10 kmpl even in peak stop go traffic.

Thanks,
Simple_car
What i have come to known from other owners of X-Trail, a FE of 10-12 is par for city traffic and can go upto 14 on highway runs.
I got the car from used market and have recently gone for clutch pressure plate replacement, suspension overhaul and got rid of the DPF. It should bump up the FE. Lets see how it goes.

The spares are available, just not readily available is what I meant, should have been clearer in my phrasing.
Normally there is a waiting period of anything between 15 days to 21 days for anything other than routine servicing. For major servicing the costs are not exactly cheap for example the service centre quoted me 1.5 lacs for a complete suspension overhaul, without even examining the car.
Even accounting for everything from shockers to arms to linkages, I found it quite pricey to be honest.
Anyway all major repairs and overhauls are done. So hopefully no other expenses!
ashish.uno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 20:19   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish.uno View Post
What i have come to known from other owners of X-Trail, a FE of 10-12 is par for city traffic and can go upto 14 on highway runs.
I got the car from used market and have recently gone for clutch pressure plate replacement, suspension overhaul and got rid of the DPF. It should bump up the FE. Lets see how it goes.

The spares are available, just not readily available is what I meant, should have been clearer in my phrasing.
Normally there is a waiting period of anything between 15 days to 21 days for anything other than routine servicing. For major servicing the costs are not exactly cheap for example the service centre quoted me 1.5 lacs for a complete suspension overhaul, without even examining the car.
Even accounting for everything from shockers to arms to linkages, I found it quite pricey to be honest.
Anyway all major repairs and overhauls are done. So hopefully no other expenses!
Welcome to a very exclusive club

You must have bought the T31 model. Congratulations, and I wish you a very happy and peaceful ownership.

The major cost in service is not the labour, per se (please note, I am not saying its cheap, but neither is it amongst the expensive ones), but the oil. X trail uses synthetic oil, and the T31 model's oil capacity is 7 litres, if I am not mistaken. So, you're bound to pay 7k only for oil.

I pay about 12k per year for routine servicing for my car, which goes down to 8k if the service centre doesn't have a stock of synthetic oil.

The suspension overhaul cost is very much around the ballpark which the service centre is saying, but thats only because of the setup (I think Nissan marketed it as a multilink setup; which is unlike the conventional cars).

However, you are very lucky to be based out of Noida. I recently got my car repaired there at Offroad connections, for a very hard to trace bearing like noise. They did an excellent job. I would highly recommend that place if you want to get your car back in shape mechanically i.e.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed