Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 15:35   #136
BHPian

@ rite2shree, Yes that has to be the satin gold . Next to that is the minimal grey (Tatas name for Silver ) which was displayed in a few showrooms.

I think satin gold might take a little longer to get delivered as the sales guys said that unusual colours will take longer than 1 month. I remember him saying black, maroon, and silver will get delivered first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I read somewhere in this thread that Vista isnt sold to taxi segment(?) , i hope the same stays with Manza, maybe they could just name it New Tata Indigo for taxi segment and remove the Indigo for aam junta like us.

I think TATA have to dissociate themselves from the commercial vehicle tag as far as their passenger car section is concerned. First thing is to get a new logo for its passenger car section and second as pointed above , not sell the same spec cars to be used as Taxis.

The present logo brings images of lorries and buses the minute you see it.

I guess they fancy themselves to be the next Mercedes benz, with a universal logo for all vehicles.

Regarding test drive vehicles, a lot of people are holding off booking their Mnaza for lack of a test drive.

I did get to test drive one from a particular showroom with some inside contacts.

A sales guy in another showroom said that they had instructions from TATA not to allow test drives . Maybe TATA wants to iron out a few last niggles before allowing test ride of its vehicles. I hope that is the case and not any production hiccups.
Old 1st November 2009, 18:56   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case;1559964

[B
I think TATA have to dissociate themselves from the commercial vehicle tag as far as their passenger car section is concerned. First thing is to get a new logo for its passenger car section and second as pointed above , not sell the same spec cars to be used as Taxis.[/b]

I guess they fancy themselves to be the next Mercedes benz, with a universal logo for all vehicles.
All over the world, Major automobile manufacturers who has passenger & commercial product profile in their offering, Be it Mercedes, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi,Hyundai has the same logo for both passenger and commercial offerings.

Why Tata should have seperate logo for passenger vehicles?

Having a seperate logo only adds the burdon of brand-trust building among its customers from the scratch!

All TATA passenger vehicle owners can insist better quality fit and finish on all TATA cars vide its dealers and direct customer care through feed back consistently.

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd November 2009 at 10:52. Reason: Please do not type in bold. Thanks
Old 1st November 2009, 19:39   #138
BHPian

Shabash, Way to go GTO. I was waiting for the MANZA for the last six months or so, and the MANZA has hit the ball with the sweet spot of the bat. Being a Sarkari guy (read- no moolah) I was more than satisfied to find that the cheapest diesel version comes with AC, Front power windows, power steering, central locking AND a music system with six speakers as standard, not to forget the 90 bhp diesel for just 22K more than the base Dezire Diesel which doesn't EVEN HAVE A TACHOMETER which even the cheapest Indica today has. I'm sure just the Music System is woth 22K....That's called a "All I need, in a all I can afford" package. People run Indica to the ground but it's still in the top five cars sales wise, is it not?
Hey GTO,
1. Does the bonnet have a hydraulic stay up system like the hatch of my Indica or the regular system?
2. Is the music system same on all the versions or are there incremental steps? Any idea about the make?
3. Is the spare full size or thinner?
4. Is there an AC vent in the glove box? (asking for too much... if wishes were horses....)
All said and done, I'm sure the Manza will sell well, but dent the Dzire sales? no sir! I don't see it happening The MSIL brand equity is stratospheric, more so here in the capital. The Manza has to be much cheaper and much better than a comparable Maruti to make the die hard maruti fans wake up and take note of Tata quietly but surely turning the screws. Meanwhile, I for one, know where my 6th pay commission arrears are going. OK TATA.
Old 1st November 2009, 20:48   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Next to that is the minimal grey (Tatas name for Silver ) which was displayed in a few showrooms.
Tata's Name for Silver is Arctic Silver and they have just released this colour for limited period in Manza. Don't ask me why for 'limited period' or why it wasn't a normal colour.

Minimal Grey, on the other hand, is a colour for FIAT cars and made its way to manza because this car is also assembled at Ranjangaon facility.
Old 1st November 2009, 22:39   #140
BHPian

Hi
I test drove diesel variants of both Fiat punto and Tata Manza today. I test drove Manza first. This would be the first diesel vehicle i am driving. I had read your review many times and knew what to expect. When the sales executive started explaining me the car i nodded politely for some time and then told him i want to test drive the car. It was arranged in a jiffy. The drive was totally smooth. There was a little turbo lag but inconsequential for me. I enjoyed driving the vehicle.
I cant say the same for Fiat punto. Though the drive was ok i was not comfortable with the response of the vehicle and interiors were a bit clustered, cheap and claustrophobic to my taste. Maybe i should have driven punto before manza.
I wanted to test drive the petrol variant of manza also before i make my decision. Once again thank you for your wonderful review of the vehicle. Cheers.
Old 1st November 2009, 22:42   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
All over the world, Major automobile manufacturers who has passenger & commercial product profile in their offering, Be it Mercedes, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi,Hyundai has the same logo for both passenger and commercial offerings.

Why Tata should have seperate logo for passenger vehicles?

Having a seperate logo only adds the burdon of brand-trust building among its customers from the scratch!

All TATA passenger vehicle owners can insist better quality fit and finish on all TATA cars vide its dealers and direct customer care through feed back consistently.
Harimakesh , I am happy to see that you are passionate about our own TATA. But please try not to use bold for your full post . It is akin to shouting at the top of your voice in forums.
What i meant was , Tata has entered the international scene very recently but have been in the commercial vehicle business in india for a very long time and hence as indians we automatically associate the TATA logo with commercial vehicles and that can be a turn off for some. Just by changing the logo they are not going to be not recognized as a TATA vehicle. Take for example, TATA have recently bought jaguar and landrover. Those 2 companies are instantly recognizable as a luxury brand and the jaguar logo is recognised by one and all. Would you suggest TATA change the logo of Jaguar and Landrover to the usual T . In this case it is a positive association and so they wont. Likewise they can create a unique logo for their passenger car wing which will become instantly recognized if they continue to improve like how they have done with MANZA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Tata's Name for Silver is Arctic Silver and they have just released this colour for limited period in Manza. Don't ask me why for 'limited period' or why it wasn't a normal colour.

Minimal Grey, on the other hand, is a colour for FIAT cars and made its way to manza because this car is also assembled at Ranjangaon facility.
Thank you for pointing that out. A rose is a rose is a rose . Silver is silver by any other name . lol

Last edited by -NUT-case : 1st November 2009 at 22:57.
Old 2nd November 2009, 00:07   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
interiors were a bit clustered, cheap and claustrophobic to my taste. Maybe i should have driven punto before manza.
Cheers.
My wife had the exact same feeling when she sat in the linea after sitting in the manza "Claustrophobic" and she had a headache after about 10 minutes inside lol . The black parts in the interior doesnt help much either . I thought the linea had more of a sports car feel to it in the drivers seat . I guess the linea is for enthusiastes and the Manza is more of a family sedan.
Old 2nd November 2009, 00:16   #143
BHPian

Quote:
I think TATA have to dissociate themselves from the commercial vehicle tag as far as their passenger car section is concerned. First thing is to get a new logo for its passenger car section and second as pointed above , not sell the same spec cars to be used as Taxis.

Regarding test drive vehicles, a lot of people are holding off booking their Mnaza for lack of a test drive.

I did get to test drive one from a particular showroom with some inside contacts.

A sales guy in another showroom said that they had instructions from TATA not to allow test drives . Maybe TATA wants to iron out a few last niggles before allowing test ride of its vehicles. I hope that is the case and not any production hiccups.

I can see your point, they can have two very similar yet different logo's for their commercial and private usage vehicles.

eg: Like the two FIAT logo's the red one in use currently and the now defunct blue logo.

They are both similar except the colour and font style.
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:56   #144
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A sales guy in another showroom said that they had instructions from TATA not to allow test drives .
Sacrilege! I doubt Tata has instructed its dealers in this way. One, because several Team-BHPians seem to have gotten TD's at various locations across the country already. And two, because unless one testdrives the Manza, they really won't be able to appreciate the Fiat engine + ride + braking, all of which are improvements on the outgoing Indigo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
2. Is the music system same on all the versions or are there incremental steps? Any idea about the make?
Music system + 4 speakers + 2 tweeters standard across the range. However, the base version doesn't get the bluetooth, USB and aux.

Quote:
3. Is the spare full size or thinner?
Full size:

Quote:
4. Is there an AC vent in the glove box? (asking for too much... if wishes were horses....)
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
interiors were a bit clustered, cheap and claustrophobic to my taste.
Quote:
My wife had the exact same feeling when she sat in the linea after sitting in the manza "Claustrophobic"
The Fiat's aren't a match to the sheer space & airy feeling of the Manza's interiors.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:38   #145
BHPian

Saw Manza Aura at Pandit Auto in Pune on Saturday. By the looks and interior feeling, TATA surely has got a winner on their hand.

The rear leg room is HUGE, so is head room and three XL size adults can fit in that area comfortably. The driver seat is well placed. The controls and buttons, well, there is a room for improvement in the quality. As rightly pointed out by GTO, the Aux/USB rubber cover looks and feels cheap. Overall paint job on the display car looked excellent. I found storage spaces for bottles, small items etc. to be inadequate. The door pockets are so small it cant even hold normal size maps. Surprisingly door pockets dont have bottle holders. Glove box is big though.

The but is HUGE again. But when the rear seat folded it gets even bigger. However that opening when the seat is folded, looks as if looking through Khandala tunnel. Why they cannot make the seats foldable like in my Indica? Why that "tunnel" like opening rather than full opening? Is it for extra support? and support for what? GTO - looking for your comments.

I think it would be a tough choice for me between 1.4 TDCi Fiesta and 1.3 Aura+ Manza.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:03   #146
BHPian

hi
Have you driven the petrol version of Manza and what is your take on it. Since my average driving distance will be 1200 to 1500km per month and once in two or three months it will be 2000 to 2500 some of my friends suggested me to take a petrol vehicle as they feel the extra one lakh that i am paying to procure a diesel vehicle will not be profitable for me.
But since i enjoyed driving the diesel vehicle i want to go ahead with it. what would you advice.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:10   #147
BHPian

Tata Manza is Beautiful .Good Job TATA. We are proud of you
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:41   #148
Senior - BHPian

The day came when people go and book a Tata without TD and seeing the color they want on their car?
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:01   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Isn't shifting to lower gears would do the job? I do no think there is any need to ride on clutch on Steep Inclines.
Ever got stuck in a jam on steep inclines particularly on hairpins/switchbacks?
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:05   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The day came when people go and book a Tata without TD and seeing the color they want on their car?
Really Good remarkable Point!! I think its a great achievement for TATAs, within 9 yrs (since they started manufacturing cars), people are booking the cars without having TD & clear concept of colors. As I am sure all of us agree, by seeing the color in the broucher, one just can't decide anything. The sample care which they have dispacted to dealears are mainly of Mehroon/Red color. Myself, being Maruti car owner till now, have book the car without TD ( It was just a sheer luck, that I got a chance to TD it after giving the cheque)

Kudos to TATA!!

Next time they must work on making it like Xylo Seats & improve the few of the interiors, like Handbrake cladding plastic, Door of the Glove Box more roboust.

Ethereal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks