Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2014, 17:12   #1516
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
The suspensions have started making noise again .
Also there were other unresolved clutch issue etc. reported in above post.
Scheduled for a revisit to the service center tomorrow -28/09/2014.

This time i am too wary of Concorde worli (4 visits - 7 days(including 1 office day sacrificed by me) - complete suspension overhaul at my cost- still the issue is not resolved to my satisfaction) . I will be visiting Vijay Auto - Vasai as the workshop manager there is an ex Om sai motors guy and i am having good relation with him.

The ordeal continues so far.
I hope that change of service station will bring in change of fortunes too.
I have only myself to blame for buying the Tata.
I guess this now is going to be a regular feature of my ownership or else i have to learn driving a faulty car.
I will recommend you pay a visit to Banai Motors in Marol, Andheri East. The workshop head is Mr. Arthur, a very professional and straight forward person. After my numerous bad experiences at Wasan Motors, I chanced upon this service center and since then I am using their services.

022 - 28349816
Off Marol Maroshi Road, Andheri East, Near Aarey Exit,
Mumbai - 400059

I am certain your car will be treated the right way at Banai.
trek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 18:04   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
I will recommend you pay a visit to Banai Motors in Marol, Andheri East. .
Thanks , since already scheduled for Vijay Auto - Vasai, i will try my luck and waste my sunday there .

If it isnt useful will surely head to Banai motors.

Is it a TASS ? please confirm ,asking this because i dont remember seeing there name in the list of TASSs as per TM website.

Also whats in that user name "trek" the cycling brand... ?
Old 28th September 2014, 10:17   #1518
BHPian

My Manza has done about 62500 kms in what will be 5 years.
Lately i find the gear shifts are frustrating.

Any suggestions that would help resolve same.
Have been getting the vehicle serviced at Balaji Motors, Pune.
Old 29th September 2014, 16:25   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks , since already scheduled for Vijay Auto - Vasai, i will try my luck and waste my sunday there .

Is it a TASS ? please confirm ,asking this because i dont remember seeing there name in the list of TASSs as per TM website.

Yes, it is a TASS.

Trek for 'trekking / hiking', one of the simple pleasures experienced in the beautiful western ghats of India.
trek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 16:59   #1520
BHPian

Quote:

Hi madhu33, i am also a Manza user ( Saffire Aura ABS) & have completed 100000 kms. Aside of the lead provided by trek for repairs i know a TASS situated at Thane by the name, Future Cars Pvt Ltd, D-4, Kothari Compound, near Tikuji Ni Wadi, Manpada, Thane ( w)-400604. These guys actually deal in Utility vehicles of Tata but i happened to meet them as my office is situated in the same premises.
These guys have given me outstanding & personalized service every single time i have been to them. I had an issue of vibration & power output at 74k on the odo & they diagnosed it perfectly & changed the Ignition coil & spark plugs & the result after that has been nothing short of a miracle, the mileage had improved ( even on the display @ 10.7 kmpl ) & the power delivery was just superb.
The contact person is Sandesh Rasal & the office no is 9272222062.
Good Luck !
Nagesh Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 17:25   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Well ... i have already past more than half of my car's tenure at this juncture but god help those new unsuspecting Zest owners.

Please TATA please take our car services, our time and our money seriously otherwise the customers will stop taking you seriously soon.

Having said this , please note that i have been an avid TATA MOTOR fan all this while .
Please go through my many earlier posts but this really has been my undoing with them.
I went thru the ordeals you mentioned here and really sympathize with you. At the same time I am worried as I am one of those "new unsuspecting Zest owners"

I had been to Tata Motors Plant visit organized as part of Connect Next program and had brought this question to Mr. Girish Wagh and Ms Vijayalaxmi Raji, who informed that service quality and timelines have now been totally changed and service centers have digital notepads to note down the issues mentioned by customer and are to be cross checked and cleared. Seems these are just those glossy marketing stories.

Also my car was booked on Jul 21st and till date there is absolutely no confirmation as to delivery date of the car, though I have taken it up with regional sales here in Bangalore and various online forums of Tata Motors, but apart from initial reply, there is nothing else. My personal experience so far coupled with your after sales experience now makes me question my decision to go with Zest.
Old 29th September 2014, 18:33   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
Ms Vijayalaxmi Raji,
Aah , just got an email from that name.
finding it a little funny and more frustrating as it says
"we are glad to learn that you are pleased with the service "
(i actually had written them that problems now seemed to be resolved at vijay auto - Vasai. ) but the email hurt me as it says "pleased with service"
I mean how can i be ?

Quote:
I had been to Tata Motors Plant visit organized as part of Connect Next program and had brought this question to Mr. Girish Wagh and Ms Vijayalaxmi Raji, who informed that service quality and timelines have now been totally changed and service centers have digital notepads to note down the issues mentioned by customer and are to be cross checked and cleared. Seems these are just those glossy marketing stories.
I have got (i think so and i hope) the issues sorted out at a much lowly VIJAY AUTO service centre (may be lowly but more motivated and more sincere work force than a certain Concorde worli)
No fancy coffee machines , no fancy lobby , no fancy nothing , but atleast the workforce was motivated to do there job rightly.
(details on VIJAY AUTO problem solving later in next 2-3 days after i am sure the problems have been rightly solved )
coming back to the point:
These fancy guys sometimes are totally disconnected to lot of crap at ground level
I don't know what is the use of those Tabs / i pads .
The SAs at Concorde Worli already have fancy laptops which are going to be replaced by TABs.
i don't understand how is it going to help solve the problems of the noise from my suspension.
Quote:
My personal experience so far coupled with your after sales experience now makes me question my decision to go with Zest.
I would say , Zest is a much better package then other options in the segment. This experience of mine has been a one off case otherwise its been ok thruout.
I would say you can take a dip if you really like the zest but it will come attached with a certain degree of UNpeace of mind. Still not a deal breaker.
BUT TATAs please take us seriously.

Last edited by madhu33 : 29th September 2014 at 18:35.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 13:33   #1523
BHPian

The suspension / steering problem was solved to satisfaction at Vijay Auto- Vasai.

Kudos to the efficient and prompt services i have got from the team there.
Car picked up from home and delivered back next day .

It seems Concorde had done a big goof up with the suspension struts .
As the suspension strut put by them was for Manza export version(as per part number).
these struts were again replaced by new correct ones at Vijay Auto under part warranty. the ride and steering feel is almost perfect now.
Kudos to Mr Manoj Shetty(SERVICE MANAGER - VIJAY AUTO- Vasai) and also Mr Deepak there for the precise , honest and prompt trouble shooting of the issue.

So that ordeal has come to an end . But am still astonished as to how Concorde worli could goof up in this already escalated issue.
However to cut long story short , that problem was resolved by VIJAY AUTO to my satisfaction.

But ...

For the last few days, I observe that the turbo sounds a little harsh in the peak turbo range (1900-2200 RPM) Once I cross 2200 RPM, the harshness more or less persists. The harshness is not very loud or apparent to a driver driving my Manza for the first time but i can easily make out the harshness everytime i am in that RPM range (more so now since i have noticed it)
This wasn't the case normally with my Manza.

On visual inspection of the under body i have found out :

1)Cross member frame (the frame on which the intercooler / Ac condenser etc are mounted) is BADLY CORRODED and RUSTED at the bottom(i guess this is normal corrosion for my locality) and also loosing shape and it is at the end of its life.
Sorry no pics available for this. I know that this new replacement frame will cost around 5-7K.

2)Also (and more importantly) i have found this leakage in the intercooler (please see the pics below)

Querty 1)can this leakage be the probable reason for the turbo feel i have written above ?
Query 2)The new inter cooler will cost around RS 5000/- .
Or Shall i get the existing inter cooler brazen to plug the leak ?
(Personally i would be inclined to do a foolproof fix (i.e. replacing the inter cooler with a new one as i think the inter cooler is constructed of thin sheet metal and will barely hold on to brazing or cold welding)

or

Query 3)Shall i ignore the above 2 points and live with the harshness of the turbo RPm range ?

Experts on team, please chip in with your valuable inputs

I'm not sure if this should be a separate thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_1024.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_1026.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_1023.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_1025.jpg  

Old 20th October 2014, 20:39   #1524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Query 3)Shall i ignore the above 2 points and live with the harshness of the turbo RPm range ?

Experts on team, please chip in with your valuable inputs

I'm not sure if this should be a separate thread.
Just stand outside near the intercooler and ask someone to rev the engine to see if there is a substantial leak, if so get it attended and ideally replace the part.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 13:44   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Just stand outside near the intercooler and ask someone to rev the engine to see if there is a substantial leak, if so get it attended and ideally replace the part.
Thanks for the practical advise.
I could not make out the leak myself when a mechanic was revving the engine at 3-4k rpms.
However when i was revving the engine and he was observing for the leak , he claims to make out a slight leak.
I am confused now about the repair to be undertaken or not.
Old 21st October 2014, 22:04   #1526
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the practical advise.
====
I am confused now about the repair to be undertaken or not.
Leak is there then get it fixed, you don't want to be stranded in some important trip right?
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 12:38   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Leak is there then get it fixed, you don't want to be stranded in some important trip right?
yes you are right .
Will get it fixed once TASSs resume post diwali vacation.
Have checked with Vijay Auto- Vasai.
they have got ready stock of Intercooler , cross member frame , dust guards
etc.
Old 27th November 2014, 07:20   #1528
BHPian

Off late my manza's 1.3mjd engine noise seems to be very high. Also the engine feels very sluggish. I think this is because of the petronet oil used by TASS.

Having read all the previous discussions in the preceeding pages, I am left confused now.
Should I use systemD addictive now. Or how do I do it.

Apparently for the past two services, petronet oil was only used. Now I want to change the engine oil. Which full synthetic oil would be better. Any idea?

Also off late, I find that the headlight brightness/throw is reduced. Does this imply an upgrade to a better set of bulbs. If yes, which would be the best in this case.

Last edited by rki2007 : 27th November 2014 at 07:38.
Old 30th November 2014, 20:57   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Off late my manza's 1.3mjd engine noise seems to be very high. Also the engine feels very sluggish. I think this is because of the petronet oil used by TASS.

Having read all the previous discussions in the preceeding pages, I am left confused now.

Apparently for the past two services, petronet oil was only used. Now I want to change the engine oil. Which full synthetic oil would be better. Any idea?

Also off late, I find that the headlight brightness/throw is reduced. Does this imply an upgrade to a better set of bulbs. If yes, which would be the best in this case.
Dear rki2007, Your Tata Indigo Manza 1.3 multijet seems to be of the 2010 batch as mentioned by you.
I"ll tell you the confusion created by Tata Motors on this front. I also drive a Tata Manza Aura ABS of 2010 make ( 1.4 Safire )
Initially they insisted on using synthetic oil only, after first 20k kms service & 20k kms thereafter. However midway, they changed the policy & started advising regular non synthetic oil change at a 10k interval. I lost my extended two years ( 2+2) warranty on a/c of this as i was unaware of this change in policy, neither Tata Motors ( Concorde Worli ) bothered to inform me where i was a regular.
All this is besides the point but concerns the Engine oil policy nonetheless.
For petrol engines, ( i have clocked 104000 kms) HP non synthetic oil works fine. How many kms have you clocked ?
The sluggishness of the Engine that you mentioned, is it accompanied by high levels of NVH ? Particularly high vibrations? just check, could be the fact that all cylinders may not be firing, could be a result of spark plugs or ignition coil issue or could be a Timing issue. Has there been a timing belt change ? A must, for a diesel engine, after 1 lac kms.
From a Tass guy you trust, get these things investigated.
The headlights issue ( reduced brightness/throw) you have mentioned is not common. It seems to be alright in my case albeit for a change of bulbs here & there. As it is, Manza's headlight throw was never the brightest among the lot.
Do post what you find out.
regards,
Nagesh,
Old 1st December 2014, 14:24   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Off late my manza's 1.3mjd engine noise seems to be very high. Also the engine feels very sluggish. I think this is because of the petronet oil used by TASS. Apparently for the past two services, petronet oil was only used. Now I want to change the engine oil. Which full synthetic oil would be better. Any idea?
Ditto in my case. For me switch to high speed diesel did the trick.
Your plan to switch back to fully synthetic oil is difficult since almost none of TASSs stock Mobil 1 or castril edge any more.

Quote:
I had used System D too , but the switch to hi speed premium diesel has yielded better results(atleast mentally).
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks