Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2015, 14:54   #1576

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Thanks guys. While the recall was on, during a regular service I had checked with TASS on the anti roll bar bush. And after the service the SA mentioned that it is replaced. Damn, the only thing I hate in Manza is this boat like ride. Seems it was only in my car and I could have addressed it earlier. I will take it to TASS soon.

Hi, Manza is known for its top class cruise capabilities on highways, I am yet to see a car of that size do a better job on highways. Have been complemented for it by friends who own Chevy Cruz & Honda Civic after they drove my Manza.

Like other fellow BHPns who own a Manza; I too have never faced that issue on highways. I stay in Delhi NCR have done several trips on Yamuna express-way safely touching triple digit speeds at times (STRICTLY ON BLANK STRETCHES).

Here is my personal check-list (apart from the stock settings) to maintain a seamless glide on my Manza. You may try these to check if they work for you too (assuming all's well with the suspension and alignment of your car)
1. keep the tyre pressure exactly as recommended or 2 psi lower. never go above the recommended limit
2. make sure all tyres have the air pressure in accordance
3. ensure the wheel alignment is in place as per recommended settings
4. avoid driving with open windows, wind gushing in at high speeds tend to destabilise the vertical and horizontal alignment from within the car
5. check if all four shockers are standing up tight and either is not too soft

In fact I have at least 2 occasions when I was driving at high speeds (110 KM +) with very strong winds and heavy rain. My car moved like a pro as if it was specifically designed for such weathers. Pardon me if I sound a bit exaggerating; but my personal rating on handing of Manza on highways is 9/10. Do let us know if you were able to resolve this with you car.

Good luck and drive safe!
Live to Drive!
Van

PS: I am running stock tyres 185 60, did you change your's if yes; what's the new size ?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th June 2015 at 14:58. Reason: Please refrain from posting about speeding on public roads! Thanks.
vanatlarj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 15:36   #1577

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Correction in my above post.
The Good year Duraplus - 185-60-R15 costed me Rs3750/- per tyre and not 4150/- per tyre.
Hi Madhu,

Its such a pleasure to read your comments coming from your excellent ownership experience of Manza.

you mentioned that GD were as good as the stock bridgestone and also that after switching to GD from YOKO, the steering feels lighter. I was wondering that since Manza's steering is already adequately responsive (I would say tighter than the over assisted ones), wasnt Yoko making it feel a tad heavier while driving in city?

Please share your experience on manoeuvring the car on YOKO in city traffic. I assume the highways would sure be a glide on them.

Also, my apologies in advance for digressing from the topic and if I am missing a related post from you on this: apart from all the modifications you did on your white beauty; did you upgrade the ICE as well? If yes; were you able to integrate the steering mounted controls ?

Cheers!
Van
Old 27th June 2015, 11:13   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanatlarj View Post
PS: I am running stock tyres 185 60, did you change your's if yes; what's the new size ?
Thanks Van, I am currently out of country. So did not get a chance to take the car to TASS. I am still using stock tyres. The car has done 50K+ so far.
Old 27th June 2015, 13:35   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Its such a pleasure to read your comments coming from your excellent ownership experience of Manza.
Thanks, but 1 correction, the ownership experience of Manza has been much better than previous experiences of the Swift and the Alto.
Still , i would not say Manza Experience has been excellent . I have had my share of niggles. Overall, I am happy with her.

Quote:
you mentioned that GD were as good as the stock bridgestone and also that after switching to GD from YOKO, the steering feels lighter. I was wondering that since Manza's steering is already adequately responsive (I would say tighter than the over assisted ones), wasnt Yoko making it feel a tad heavier while driving in city?

Please share your experience on maneuvering the car on YOKO in city traffic. I assume the highways would sure be a glide on them.
Steering feel on Yoko C drive :
(C drive was slightly up sized and broader base (195-60-R15)
This means , slighter wider tyre track and slightly taller sidewall.
Also C drives are Softer rubber.)

yes they feel slightly heavier in City speeds. But the difference is small, nothing you will hate as such.
Highway ride quality is fantastic with C drives on the Manza.
Ride quality : I am missing the ride quality very badly.
Handling : I used to push the Manza in the bends in my city coming from Nh8 to Bandra S V Road.
Now on cheaper and slimmer GY DP, they start squealing too soon.
I am missing a soft compound premium tyre badly .

However was fed up of the numerous punctures lately on the C drives which i attribute to following reasons based on my assumptions
1)Manza Alloy was 5.5J width . For 195 width tyres IMO (i am not an expert) , 6J width Alloys/ rims are more suitable.
2)Due to soft compound rubber and wider tyre on 5.5j alloy width, the Tyre flex on the sidewall was way too much for bad indian roads. So Sidewall is definately more susceptible to damage.
3)the above 2 points were the reason behind the frequent punctures i faced post 30K running on Yoko C drives.

Based on the above logic, i opted to switch to original size(185-60-R15)again.
Got a discount deal on GY Dp and fell for it .
However i feel the right thing would have been to Opt for a premium soft compound Tyre in same size OR a 195-60-R15 set up again with a tougher side walled Tyre (Yokohama earth 1 types)

Quote:
did you upgrade the ICE as well? If yes; were you able to integrate the steering mounted controls ?
Upgraded the Ice in steps. Now more than 18 months have settled as under :
1)Head unit : Pioneer Touch scrreen with BT - AVHX2590BT
2)Rear Oval speakers : JBL
3)Front Components : Infinity series. (would recommend HELIX components)
4)4 channel Amp : Dont remember the brand now (must be sony)
5)MTX woofer with inbuilt AMP.

Steering controls work except the call answer and call reject button which is ok. I miss it but have got used to it.

Pictures of the headunit mounted in my Manza are available on the same thread ( a few pages earlier)

Hope this helps

Regards
Madhu

Last edited by madhu33 : 27th June 2015 at 13:48.
Old 28th June 2015, 23:27   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Manza is known for its top class cruise capabilities on highways, I am yet to see a car of that size do a better job on highways. Have been complemented for it by friends who own Chevy Cruz & Honda Civic after they drove my Manza.

In fact I have at least 2 occasions when I was driving at high speeds (110 KM +) with very strong winds and heavy rain. My car moved like a pro as if it was specifically designed for such weathers. Pardon me if I sound a bit exaggerating; but my personal rating on handing of Manza on highways is 9/10. Do let us know if you were able to resolve this with you car.
I can safely vouch for that.

I too, don't mean to exaggerate or sound as if I am boasting, but it really is a workhorse and does a great job even at triple digits.

More than a dozen times have had to cross the Mumbai - Pune expressway amidst torrential downpour with heavy winds, sometimes even in the middle of the night at 3 am along with heavy trucks. The car feels very solid, well planted, secure and has no body roll or boat like swaying.

Even when fully loaded with 5 adults and the HUGE boot loaded to the brim.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 11:54   #1581
BHPian

That's true. Last Six months I have done about 20,000km moving around all over three states both on personal and business trips.
The vehicle was very comfortable and never let us down at no point of time. This includes, ghat section drive as well.
Space, leg room & head room + boot space is a great plus.
I enjoy this car for my long drive with family. Though I drive close to 100 or less say 90-100km/hr and enjoy the drive.
Great Car! good for Indian roads
Old 5th July 2015, 12:45   #1582
BHPian

Hi all, I just called up the call center and they mentioned there is no such direction to replace the anti rollbar. Could the bhp'ians please provide more information about this?
Old 5th July 2015, 13:28   #1583
BHPian

The replacements took place somewhere around Q3-Q4 of 2012 if I am not mistaken
Old 6th July 2015, 17:29   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmurugan View Post
That's true. Last Six months I have done about 20,000km moving around all over three states both on personal and business trips.
The vehicle was very comfortable and never let us down at no point of time. This includes, ghat section drive as well.
Space, leg room & head room + boot space is a great plus.
I enjoy this car for my long drive with family. Though I drive close to 100 or less say 90-100km/hr and enjoy the drive.
Great Car! good for Indian roads
On my way to Chennai (from CJB), close to Tindivanum, my A/C blower is working, but no air throw.
I stopped checked my fuses and found ok. For few minutes I drove without A/c with windows down.
Switched off A/c again and found its working.
Is this because of Evaporator coil ice formation? Can this be rectified or should service & or change evaporator coil?
Also suggest if I change after market coil a larger capacity(for same dimension ) can this improve A/c efficiency?
Pl. give me some leads or move to the appropriate thread & let me know.
Old 24th July 2015, 10:37   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
. For few minutes I drove without A/c with windows down.
Switched off A/c again and found its working.
Is this because of Evaporator coil ice formation? Can this be rectified or should service & or change evaporator coil?
Sounds more like a loose contact or a relay issue. Any good auto ac FNGs should be able to sort this.
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:14   #1586
BHPian

Can anyone help with a copy of the Tata Manza QJT workshop manual? Online searches are only leading me to owner's manual files. No luck trying to procure it from the Tata Helpline and ASS locations.

The mobile charger power points in my car are not working. Which fuse is likely to have blown? The schematic of fuse box in the copy of owner's manual that I have, does not mention which one it is.
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:36   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
my A/C blower is working, but no air throw.
Hello, I remember my manza had similar issue. This one came up when I changed the setting of the blower to blow from feet and near windshield etc.

Try directing the airflow from windshield first, after few minutes to windshield+side and eventually to first setting . I think that's how mine got resolved.

Also, i did one thing. I accidentally hit something with my leg when I was sitting as front passenger. i don't know what it was, maybe cabin filter or so, located deep inside footwell. The situation seemed to improve but it may be just my psychological feeling.

The vehicle isn't with me now so I don't know if it works fine as of today.
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:24   #1588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post

The mobile charger power points in my car are not working. Which fuse is likely to have blown? The schematic of fuse box in the copy of owner's manual that I have, does not mention which one it is.
The fuse is 20 A fuse and there is a schematic of the fuse in fuse box cover. If I remember right it is 6th fuse (counting from top). The same fuse is wired to charger points and reverse lights.
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 20:19   #1589
BHPian

Hey guys.. My MID is acting up... This happened when I stalled in first gear and started the engine without all the lights on the dashboard went off. I noticed that the average kmph is set to 0. Sometimes the MID is not even lit. Any thoughts why this may be happening?
Old 17th August 2015, 14:56   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
My MID is acting up... This happened when I stalled in first gear and started the engine without all the lights on the dashboard went off. I noticed that the average kmph is set to 0. Sometimes the MID is not even lit. ?
Did the clock time also get reset?

Most Viewed