Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:37   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats
Similar experience, I had to change my gate, demolish half the wall
Good to find so many Hardcore guys under one roof!
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:08   #182

Hi....wondering how ppl in all locations are getting TD but ppl in Pune (where it is made) are told to wait for one more week.. ... I have a friend working in the Fiat plant who says the Manza car as such is ready but the bumper is missing ..apparently some delay in getting the bumper; hence delay in delivering to the dealers...wish they sort that out soon for fence sitters like me to take a decision..

Slightly OT: how is Hyundai Accent a buy instead of Manza? A tried and tested car at same price...any views please?
Old 4th November 2009, 02:22   #183
BHPian

In bangalore when i had been for test drive last week the sales person said he will deliver the white colour manza mjd in one day as they received 25 cars the previous day from factory.
Old 4th November 2009, 09:17   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Hey, this is the first time i've heard this one!

Car does not fit inside gate = gate changed

No offense meant. I'll now look forward to reading your ownership review. My plan to swap the current Indigo for someother sedan is scheduled Q1 next year.

Let me put it this way. The gate is large enough(3mts) but when, one enters straight. If you need to turn and enter, the walls closes in on you . What I mean is, a RUB(scratch) here and there. Therefore decided to increase the length plus some minor adjustments.

Congrats on the purchase. Hope you get it soon and give us feedback.

I was expecting you to say " did not fit. So sadly we have canceled the booking and are looking for a car that will fit" . You must really like the Manza lol[/quote]

Let me give you a small example. When we were renovating our house a few years back, my mother got an entire wall removed( ok, may be just a part) so that her plants(flowers) can grow comfortably.So now, its my turn to increase the size of the gate so that the car can enter comfortably

And sure, I will love to share the feedback as soon as I get my hands on the new TATA.

Quote:
Congrats

Which model?
Thanks. It's AURA(ABS) Petrol, Color-Satin Gold. The Tata dealer is my college batch mate, so getting 4k worth accessory voucher and he has promised to register it in the first week of JAN(2010 registration) with all cost borne by him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeet_nus View Post
Hi....wondering how ppl in all locations are getting TD but ppl in Pune (where it is made) are told to wait for one more week.. ... I have a friend working in the Fiat plant who says the Manza car as such is ready but the bumper is missing ..apparently some delay in getting the bumper; hence delay in delivering to the dealers...wish they sort that out soon for fence sitters like me to take a decision..

I hope the delivery date for my car does not go from weeks to months.

Slightly OT: how is Hyundai Accent a buy instead of Manza? A tried and tested car at same price...any views please?
The Hyundai Accent is a good VFM now, but its a very old car. May be even phased out soon. Similar queries have been discussed and cars compared, in many posts at Team Bhp(Loads of information is available bro).

Last edited by theMAG : 5th November 2009 at 20:42. Reason: Please use the same post + Edit button to manage content for upto 20 minutes. Back-back posts not allowed.
Old 4th November 2009, 10:32   #185
BANNED

Quote:
Congrats

Which model?

Thanks. It's AURA(ABS) Petrol, Color-Satin Gold. The Tata dealer is my college batch mate, so getting 4k worth accessory voucher and he has promised to register it in the first week of JAN(2010 registration) with all cost borne by him.
So will the car remain unregistered till then?. If so, then what are the cons?

@rove_drives - I had booked Monarch Red on 16th Oct.

Cheers,
Vijay

Last edited by GTO : 4th November 2009 at 13:59. Reason: Fixing quote. Please preview your post prior to submitting. Thanks
Old 4th November 2009, 11:46   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post

So will the car remain unregistered till then?. If so, then what are the cons?

@rove_drives - I had booked Monarch Red on 16th Oct.

Cheers,
Vijay

Yes and No, I think. It will be under registration for 3 to 4 weeks(don't know how?)and finally get registered in the first week of January.
Advantage: The car is on 2010 registration (may help increase resale value a bit), even though the manufacturing date(engine make, model)will be 2009.
Disadvantage: I really can't think of any.

Last edited by GTO : 4th November 2009 at 13:59. Reason: Fixing quote. Please preview your post prior to submitting. Thanks
Old 4th November 2009, 13:58   #187
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
I could see you adapting probable customer's perspective before reviewing any car.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rove_drives View Post
To me it also looks like TATA weren't prepared for a launch. They did it in hurry-burry to seize Dhanteras and other festival spree.
Scarcity of TD cars is making me believe the same. As you posted, compare that to the Ritz, where several cars were available across the country for tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by challa View Post
he will deliver the white colour manza mjd in one day
If I may suggest, avoid white:

1. If and when the Manza is sold to the taxi market! White Indigos on our roads today are presumed to be cabs. All of them!

2. The metallics look awesome on the Manza. Nice paint quality too.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:32   #188
BHPian

@ GTO- You dint comment on the Tata logo on the steering wheel. Here in the photos' i find something new about it. Its not chrome for sure by appearance. Something new is it? Havent seen the car in flesh hence the question.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:39   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Advantage: The car is on 2010 registration (may help increase resale value a bit), even though the manufacturing date(engine make, model)will be 2009.
I Dont think so ,it will be counted as a 2009 model.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:36   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If I may suggest, avoid white:

1. If and when the Manza is sold to the taxi market! White Indigos on our roads today are presumed to be cabs. All of them!

2. The metallics look awesome on the Manza. Nice paint quality too.
@GTO - Yes white might go with the typical taxi image. But one thing to note here is Manza doesn't have the typical 'Mint White' shade like the earlier Indigos. The shade is more like the pearl white used in Corollas. But either way, its safer to stick to metallic colors.

I saw black, Monarch Red and silver (minimal gray) on display. The black one was a real beauty except for the burden of maintenance.
Old 4th November 2009, 16:27   #191

Record Sale of Indigo Range

I was going through through Sale numbers of Tata Motor for the month of Oct 2009, where they have claimed "The Indigo range recorded sales of 4,899 nos., a growth of 6.1% over October last year, reversing the decline after seven months due to the launch of the next generation all-new Indigo Manza."
Does this means they got booking of 4899 vechiles since launch on 14th Oct? As I feel, hardly any one would had gone for Indigo CS or XL, as they themselve have claimed it was on decline mode before octorber
If I intrepretted it rightly, then it seems to be a real handsome number & TATA must be cheering about this! Point to be noted : TD vechile is yet to arrive at most of the places across county

The full article cane be read on : Tata Motors - Media Centre

Cheers,
Ethereal
Old 4th November 2009, 17:18   #192
BHPian

Seen the Manza in real today. Really surprised at the amount of space they could manage inside it. Really comfortable rear seat and a good high driving position.
Old 4th November 2009, 17:47   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If I may suggest, avoid white
The metallics look awesome on the Manza. Nice paint quality too.
Metalllics look wow man, esp like your test car. However, you know what they say about White back here in Delhi 'Its EVERGREEN sir'!!
Old 4th November 2009, 17:47   #194
BHPian

First pics of MAnza true Colour panels

Hey Guys,
Went to TD both petrol and Diesel together today. Had TDed the diesel earlier.

Petrol is a much more smoother and quieter engine. I would say almost as smooth as that of a honda when u sit inside the car. The clutch also was much more smoother in the petrol than in the diesel.

Pick up was better in the diesel as also was its responsiveness even with the turbo lag.

Petrol- Very smooth ride.
A sedate driving experience.
Ideally suited for city driving .(Easier to drive in traffic)

Diesel- A resposive engine.
For those who like to feel the engine and enjoy driving.
Good for highways.
  • The showroom had colour panels which they got recently . Got a few quick snaps. Cell phone , so quality is not great, but it will give an idea to those who wanted to see the colours in the flesh. Din't take pics of the blue( a light powder blue) and black.
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-moto_2116.jpg

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-moto_2118.jpg

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-moto_2120.jpg
Old 4th November 2009, 19:09   #195
BHPian

Great work (-NUT-case), but Satin gold and Pearl White look nearly the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks