Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 13:47   #61
BHPian

All the Auto Journalists should stand up and take notice of how review should be done, GTO thanks for a very comprehensive review there is for Manza till now.

As far as Manza is concerned am waiting for sales numbers, and looking at how much Tata have improved since Vista's launch have only heightened the expectations for the face-lifted Safari and Xover.

p.s. What is the name for the background music / soundtrack in the video.
Old 30th October 2009, 13:59   #62
BHPian

What a fantastic review! Very detailed and thorough supported by relevant high quality pictures. Kudos, GTO!

Kudos to TATA - aren't we witnessing evolution in front of our eyes? Great job on SPACE and PRICE.
Old 30th October 2009, 14:00   #63
BANNED

Thanks GTO for comprehensive and detailed review of Manza as every body were waiting for.
What do you think its petrol head is compare to Dezire ?
Old 30th October 2009, 14:19   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
All the Auto Journalists should stand up and take notice of how review should be done, GTO thanks for a very comprehensive review there is for Manza till now.

I could'nt agree more. This GTO dude rocks. The auto journos lack experience , seriously. You should have heard what a Mandira-bedi like female auto reviewer (not being sexist here!) said once on Zee Auto or some such channel.I was _actually_ ROTFL after that!As to the print ones, They write like novelists with emphasis on writing style than on facts and what's needed from a review. IMHO,They have only recently learnt to look for what car-buyers look for. (Credit to awesome-review-writing-bhpians?)

I'd clicked on the Website for a TD when the teaser thing came out.I just got a call over lunch from Tata motors!!Will be TD'ing it after 10th Nov sometime.Next stage - bring wifey to showroom - then put my 2yr old son in car to acid-test it.If kiddy likes - wifey likes - then me likes - rest is happily ever -for the next 5 years at least! But..What will I do with my dearest Indica Turbo(sob!)?
Old 30th October 2009, 14:43   #65
BANNED

y'day got a call from Tata saying they did shortlist my answers to the questions they were asking on indulgence, expecting a gift for that.
Earlier had a doubt on brand of audio system - sales guy had toled its Blaupunkt while booking but three days later on phone he too was confused. Later got confirmation that its indeed Balu and not clarion etc.,
15 days after booking they are still saying that the vehicle is yet to be loaded, may take few more weeks before I get my hands on it. Once I get confirmation, am planning to go to showroom & settle rest of the amount(approved loan + cheque for remaining amount).

-Vijay
Old 30th October 2009, 14:44   #66
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
I'm sure I have seen lots of them vista taxis.
We were clearly informed by Tata that the Vista has not been sold in the taxi market. Maybe, they are differentiating between tourist cabs (privately owned too) and the yellow/black public cabs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Makes me want to believe you read (and were influenced by) my posts
Well, if it makes you happy

Quote:
Is the price difference worth it (Foot in mouth Q for me..This after having influenced
many friend's car-buying decisions to go for the diesel?).
I'd say the 70K difference is well worth it. Here's why:

- Same horsepower
- Diesel has 70% more torque
- Diesel will be way more fuel efficient
- Diesel, we can safely predict, will fetch superior resale

Petrol only if your running is too low. Or the budget cannot be stretched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
I dont want to sound too melodramatic when I say that I as a Tata product owner finally can proudly say tata is not just a Taxi and truck maker.
Of all the Tata cars I've driven to far (excluding the Nano), the Manza is the only one which don't make Tata's commercial vehicle roots obvious. It has a lot to do with the Fiat engine, gearbox, driving position and brakes too.

Quote:
Are they still continuing with hydraulic ones or they have shifted EPS?
As mentioned in my review, hydraulic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
A very good test report. GTO has got most, if not all of the + and - points spot on. I had the chance to TD a diesel manza a couple of days back. Some points about it.
Thanks for sharing your observations as well.

Quote:
The rubber usb cover was torn in the 3 day old display manza and i noticed a photo of another torn cover in the forum.
As I predicted in my review, it indeed seems to be a 2 rupee cover!

Quote:
One piece of advice i would like is about the wheels. Am planning an upgrade as i want them to look bigger as i am sure it will improve appearance. Which is better , 15' Alloy with 185 65 tires or a 16' Alloy with 195 55 tires. Hope my post was not too long.
Feel free to open a new dedicated "Manza tyre + wheel upgrade thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
They had updated the website and in fact by 18th Oct, if i remember it correctly.
Look at car selector tool now

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
Tata have improved since Vista's launch have only heightened the expectations for the face-lifted Safari and Xover.
If they apply the same effort to their next gen cars, I'm already looking forward to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
aren't we witnessing evolution in front of our eyes? Great job on SPACE and PRICE.
I think the previous Indigo was also a segment leader when it came to space + price. Where the Manza takes the lead is exactly where the ol' Indigo was lacking. More specifically, handling (now par for the segment), equipment (amongst the best from this segment), overall fit & finish (way improved), braking (the most important safety device) and looks (boot better integrated).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
What do you think its petrol head is compare to Dezire ?
Could you please repeat the question? Didn't quite get what you are trying to say.

Quote:
Next stage - bring wifey to showroom - then put my 2yr old son in car to acid-test it.If kiddy likes - wifey likes - then me likes - rest is happily ever -for the next 5 years at least!
Classic Indian buying pattern : A car has to please not only its direct owner / driver, but also all family members. Looks like you got a budding petrolhead in the 2 year old, wot?

Last edited by GTO : 30th October 2009 at 14:46.
Old 30th October 2009, 14:46   #67
Senior - BHPian

wow awesome review GTO, thats why was asking you to come up with your style one.Unbaised and real worthiness is known for any car by your review.I too believe after seeing this car at showroom that its not a boot attached to vista but more of a sedan type with better quality offered till now.
I wish they too dont create loong waiting period unlike maruti which again would get buyers away and they need to improve their *** department strongly.Priority for me.
Old 30th October 2009, 14:54   #68
BHPian

Super!

awesome review GTO!
It makes the reviews in the car mags look amateur-ish and i've long stopped watching any car show other than TG and Fifth gear.

A question on the tyres.

The 15-inchers look small for the car, but are they adequate i.e. not under-tyred? Is there a need to upsize? How good is the rubber on them?

I'm seriously thinking of trading in my Dad's Indigo for the Manza sometime early next year and this review is pushing me harder in that direction
Old 30th October 2009, 15:03   #69
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hope this car has a longer wait-list than the abominable undzireable contraption Maruti has inflicted on hapless car-buying janta.
Let us not berate any car unnecessarily. The Dzire is currently managing 6,000 sales per month; as the segment leader it is meeting the market's requirements better than competition. I personally think the Dzire is a very average sedan, especially in terms of interior space + comfort, ride quality and how the rear end looks. Yet it is the best seller and the benchmark for the Manza. It is the Dzire that the Manza has to pull buyers away from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
A question on the tyres.

The 15-inchers look small for the car, but are they adequate i.e. not under-tyred? Is there a need to upsize? How good is the rubber on them?
Not under-tyred at all, especially when you consider that either engine has only 89 BHP of power (not really a stonker, is it). That said, the design makes the 15 inchers look rather small from some angles. Thank God Tata didn't equip the base with 14 inch wheels.

What I'd do : Upgrade the tyres to better quality rubber (either in the same size or 195 max). The OEM rubber is bridgestone B250. We all know they are designed for a long life (rather than outright grip).
Old 30th October 2009, 15:11   #70
Senior - BHPian

Great Review GTO. Very detailed and explained most things that a prospective buyer would be looking for. Looks like Tata has done an excellent job with the Manza. Good to know that their quality seems to be getting better with each new launch.
Old 30th October 2009, 15:24   #71
Senior - BHPian

Let me congratulate you on a fantastic review! One of the most eagerly awaited review on tbhp. All said and done Tata is a master in space optimization. The wheelbase to interior room ratio is one of the best if not the best.
Old 30th October 2009, 15:30   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Let us not berate any car unnecessarily. The Dzire is currently managing 6,000 sales per month; as the segment leader it is meeting the market's requirements better than competition. I personally think the Dzire is a very average sedan, especially in terms of interior space + comfort, ride quality and how the rear end looks. Yet it is the best seller and the benchmark for the Manza. It is the Dzire that the Manza has to pull buyers away from.
I realized my problem is getting chronic. Hopefully some dude from MUL will take notice and bring out a better Dzireable car before I go to the shrink with my baddesigncarhateophobia. All right.No more posts berating les undzirables.

Jokes apart , One thing though GTO - can you pen down your thoughts on the performance differences between the Dzire and the Manza -you've tested both..(there has to be , with 15 horses - minus some FE-oriented tuning and tall gearing losses that the Manza has to live with) .IMHO , that would make a real difference. Let's not downplay the fact that the Manza's got 14 horses more and gives almost the same mileage!) - and of course , giving credit to ms.heart car where due.
Old 30th October 2009, 15:32   #73
BHPian

GTO - As usual, excellent review.
Old 30th October 2009, 15:41   #74
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Tata Motors Pune, they informed my Manza Test Drive is scheduled on 10th Nov.
Old 30th October 2009, 15:49   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Could you please repeat the question? Didn't quite get what you are trying to say.
I mean what is the differance between Manza petrol and dezire petrol car, engine wise ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks