Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 16:10   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Sure, will definitely do that in case I would pick one !!

However, overall I do found small niggles which arent that important but if had taken care care it might had taken Manza to an upper level. (I ain't complaining but getting a bit Greedy )

a) Dead Pedal
b) Arm rest for driver and co-driver, may be like something like Safari would had been done.
c) Automatic HVAC
d) Rear AC Vent
d) Audio controls on Rear Arm rest
Expecting too much, huh ?? As I said, as a customer I AM GREEDY
Expect these in the anniversary edition of Manza

@GTO - Excellent review once again

You have covered so many small things which i didn't noticed while checking the car myself. Thanks!
5 star rating given and continue the good work.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:38   #77
BHPian

Saw the Tata Manza, it is a big car compared to the indigo but does look bulbous and the boot job is awful considering the fact that Tata always knew that the vista was someday going to be a sedan.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:42   #78
BHPian

GTO! This is superb as always.

After some few discussions and reading through the initial reports at T-BHP, I was able to convince my friend to swap his indigo with Manza! Now the new car is booked and waiting period starts.

Souvik
Old 30th October 2009, 16:49   #79
BHPian

The first line of every spec is for the Manza and the next is the comparative figure for the D'Zire
Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
I am not sure what you want but the basic differences are here

Manza Petrol
Swift D'zire

Spec
Saffire Aura with ABS
Zxi with ABS

Engine

Engine capacity (cc)

Power in BHP@RPM
90@6000
87@6000

Torque in NM@RPM
116@4750
113@4500

GearBox
Man. 5 Speed
Man. 5 Speed

Dimensions

Length(mm)

Width(mm)

Boot space(l)

Wheel base(mm)

Height(mm)

Ground clearance(mm)

Tyre rating
185/60 R15
185/70 R14

Fuel Tank Capacity(l)

Kerb Weight (kg)

Guess in terms of size and power the two are quite similar. The Manza has a 80 kg kerb weight disadvantage though
Another thing I noticed with the D'Zire. The ZXi and ZDi models have asmaller boot than the lower models (LXi, VXi, LDi and VDi have 464 l boots). The same information is available form Maruti's website and their dealers (checked with 2 of them independently). Would appreciate any help in understanding why this is?

@mods the editing to my post completely modified the way the information was supposed to be shown. Can something be done so that such information can be presented in table format so that the effect is cleaner?

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th October 2009 at 18:41.
Old 30th October 2009, 17:41   #80
BHPian

A very well detailed and unbiased review - Thank you GTO!
As someone who has experienced 3 Tata cars through all their bitter-sweet experiences, the Manza does make me feel that Tata has learnt very fast and keeps doing so with every new launch.
Old 30th October 2009, 17:53   #81
Senior - BHPian

Very nice Review

Hi GTO,
Very fantastically written and a very detailed review. You have covered all the smaller nit-wits of the car.
I must say I am pretty impressed with the Manza. Already itching to replace my 8 months old Ikon, but law of economics and finances don't favor that.
May be look at it after 3 years and by that time it would have established itself already.
Happy that Tata has done such a wonderful job.
I definitely would prefer it over Dzire.Recently rode in Dzire and it was extremely uncomfortable for 3 people at the back.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 30th October 2009 at 17:55.
Old 30th October 2009, 17:53   #82
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
All said and done Tata is a master in space optimization. The wheelbase to interior room ratio is one of the best if not the best.
Well said, extreme. Tata's an expert at interior packaging. Now, if only they can iron out niggles in putting it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
can you pen down your thoughts on the performance differences between the Dzire and the Manza
The Dzire definitely feels more peppy, thanks to its punchy turbo, lighter weight and relatively shorter gearing. The Manza is a sedate drive thanks to the tall gearing that Tata used to maximise FE. This was the only way in which the Manza could match the Dzire's ARAI fuel efficiency. No mean task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvik View Post
I was able to convince my friend to swap his indigo with Manza! Now the new car is booked and waiting period starts.

Souvik
I hope his Indigo was an early model!! If not, you need to also get influenced by another thread of mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
The ZXi and ZDi models have asmaller boot than the lower models (LXi, VXi, LDi and VDi have 464 l boots). The same information is available form Maruti's website and their dealers (checked with 2 of them independently). Would appreciate any help in understanding why this is?
ZXi + ZDi = Alloy wheels = Take up marginally more boot space.

Quote:
I must say I am pretty impressed with the Manza. Already itching to replace my 8 months old Ikon, but law of economics and finances don't favor that.
No ways! Have to post this thread link again.

Last edited by GTO : 30th October 2009 at 18:08.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:10   #83
Senior - BHPian

Can someone confirm if the 1.4 petrol comes with VVT (variable valve timing)

The 21 kpl ARAI figure is highway for sure. In the city the Dezire will have the FE advantage due to low weight.

Fantastic car esp for someone who is chauffer driven. Interior is really the highlight of this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I have observed that cars have started coming in with a plastic "liner sort of thing" below front bumper. I first noticed this on the getz, and the cruze. In the west, this is to prevent the bumper from hitting kerb in parking lots. So its entire possible, that this is the lowest part, and usable gc is actually around 10mm more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I'm not sure i agree with the plastic liner's sole purpose being to prevent hitting the curb -- however, i do agree that typically ground clearance (on paper) is brought down by one component (bottom of a strut or differential on RWD cars etc)
If you guys are talking about the 2" vertical plastic piece , then its a splitter/spoiler which is an aero device. Its designed to spring back to shape when it gets scraped. Will reduce approach angle.
GC is usually measured for hard hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Tata discontinued IRS because the rear sags down. IMO, this was case with cabs as they were overloaded. Now they have non IRS but they are not allowed to be passed as Taxi.
Rear sags down? Is this an official statement from TATA?
so will the non-IRS not sag down when you overload it?

Last edited by Mpower : 30th October 2009 at 20:24.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:34   #84
BHPian

Just curious. Forgive my ignorance. What is a dead pedal ? Is it that there's a fourth pedal with no action attached to it ?!
Old 30th October 2009, 18:34   #85
BHPian

Feeling good after reading this test drive thread. My team mates is booking Aura with ABS model.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:47   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Just curious. Forgive my ignorance. What is a dead pedal ? Is it that there's a fourth pedal with no action attached to it ?!
The dead pedal is an inclined widget type of accessory fixed to the left of the clutch to keep your foot on rest in angular position, when you are not using the clutch, practically a foot rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Can someone confirm if the 1.4 petrol comes with VVT (variable valve timing)
To my knowledge it does NOT. It's an MPFI engine - 4 cylinder, MPFI, Petrol with IntelLigent Port Resizing.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:52   #87
BHPian

GTO,

It was a fantastic review and you made us all the wait seem worthwhile. Read it twice and my mind is almost decided to go for the Manza now. Punto has probably lost one customer.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:56   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
I mean what is the differance between Manza petrol and dezire petrol car, engine wise ?

One detail I missed earlier.
Claimed Fuel Efficiency
Manza - 14.5 kmpl
D'Zire - 16 kmpl

Am trying to independently verify these figures.

Another thought. Although the discussions on the Manza have dwelled on the impact on DZire and Linea Sales, there should be some impact on the Indigo CS as well.

AFAIK, the price difference between the CS LS Dicor and Manza QuadraJet Aura (ABS) about 1.5L OTR. I guess the difference to the Aqua model will be about 1L OTR. Considering the better claimed FE (21 kmpl for the Manza as opposed to 16 kmpl for the Indigo CS), this should tilt the scales towards the Manza. Also, people coming in to see the Manza, can sway to the CS.

I should be similar among the respective petrol models.

I know this segment is price sensitive but the Manza could still convert quite a few fence-sitters.

I did a comparison of the two models are here they are
Indigo Manza Indigo CS
Q Jet Aura ABS LS Dicor
Engine
Capacity (cc) 1248 1396
Power (BHP@RPM) 90@4000 70@4000
Torque (NM@RPM) 200@3000 140@3000
Fuel Efficiency (KPML) 21 16

Dimensions
Length (mm) 4413 3988
Width (mm) 1703 1620
Ground clearance (mm) 165 165
Boot space (l) 460 380
Wheel base (mm) 2520 2450
Fuel Tank Capacity (l) 44 42

Price (Mumbai) 644,048 481,143

(As per TML website)
Tata Motors | get-price
Old 30th October 2009, 19:03   #89
BHPian

Awesome review GTO. Your reviews are saving my 100 bucks a month of Automobile Magazines. Thanks a lot.
Old 30th October 2009, 19:23   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
p.s. What is the name for the background music / soundtrack in the video.
Royksopp - So Easy.

Have mentioned it in the video details.

cheers,
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks