Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 10:54   #1306
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
There cannot be a second opinion when he says this.So i prefer to change oil at 7500 kms and since my car is about to complete 1 year of usage on the same oil.
Well, to each his own! I'd rather follow what TATA says rather than follow what an individual says.
Old 5th August 2011, 14:24   #1307
Distinguished - BHPian

For the Swift, engine oil interval is 10K kms with mineral oil. So I really don't find a problem in changing the synthetic oil only at 20K kms. I would look at what the manual says and change at the period or mileage when I am supposed to change the oil. Again if the car is running in real bumper to bumper traffic, it could be changed some kilometers before since the workout is much more when the car goes thru bumper-to-bumper traffic. If I have a healthy dose of Vit M, then I would not mind changing the oil at 10K kms & pamper my ride as well.
Old 6th August 2011, 19:11   #1308
BHPian

Glad I could find this thread on Manza. I own Manza QJ aura+ for the last 7 months (I call him 'big guy') . Through with 2 free services, absolutely no issues so far. I'm really surprised that all those typical Tata niggles and Quality issues hasn't shown up in my 'big guy' yet !!!

Alright I have few questions for all the manza owners and experts here:
1) I want to replace the stock headlights with more powerful one. Spoke with few car parts dealers locally, and understood that it isn't that simple or straightforward.
Most cars have H4 type headlamps and Manza needs H7 type + Manza has seperate bulb for low and high beam. Checked with 5-6 car decor shops, none have 'H7' type in stocks and none has experience with Manza so they all are bit hesitant on right solution. They all are insisting me to go with HID setup.

I really don't want to go for HID since its too expensive;
Can you pls help me with advice around what can I do to upgrade the stock headlamps. ??? Maybe if some of you have upgraded the HL, pls share your experience, cost and details.

2) Though the stock horns are good for city use, it sounds a bit low for highways. Planning to go with Hella Prumpet type horn (same as skoda and VW vehicles). Any advice or siggrstions on alternative is welcome.

Btw, I upgraded the stock speaker sets. Spent around 20K and got the entire Soundsystem upgraded. It sounds lovely now.
Old 6th August 2011, 20:05   #1309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Most cars have H4 type headlamps and Manza needs H7 type + Manza has seperate bulb for low and high beam. Checked with 5-6 car decor shops, none have 'H7' type in stocks and none has experience with Manza so they all are bit hesitant on right solution.
In JC road, you have Philips whole sale dealer and it should not be difficult to find H7 bulbs from him [Corolla also uses H7 if I am not wrong]. Try to check with Osram dealers and you might get lucky with H7. If you procure the higher wattage bulbs or the extreme / NB bulbs, it can be changed it TASS right?

By the way which all shops did you enquire ?
Old 6th August 2011, 21:13   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
In JC road, you have Philips whole sale dealer and it should not be difficult to find H7 bulbs from him [Corolla also uses H7 if I am not wrong]. Try to check with Osram dealers and you might get lucky with H7. If you procure the higher wattage bulbs or the extreme / NB bulbs, it can be changed it TASS right?

By the way which all shops did you enquire ?
Checked with Evo @ ulsoor, carzdesign @ bannerghatta rd and few other dealers in and around JPnagar. No luck so far.
Old 6th August 2011, 22:13   #1311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Checked with Evo @ ulsoor, carzdesign @ bannerghatta rd and few other dealers in and around JPnagar. No luck so far.
Please try Sachin's autoshop & Glamour car accessories, Koramangala & some shops in JC road. You got the best bet there. Please give them a call before you go there - that will save your time & effort a lot.
Old 7th August 2011, 13:25   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Alright I have few questions for all the manza owners and experts here:
1) I want to replace the stock headlights with more powerful one. Spoke with few car parts dealers locally, and understood that it isn't that simple or straightforward.
Most cars have H4 type headlamps and Manza needs H7 type + Manza has seperate bulb for low and high beam. Checked with 5-6 car decor shops, none have 'H7' type in stocks and none has experience with Manza so they all are bit hesitant on right solution. They all are insisting me to go with HID setup.

I really don't want to go for HID since its too expensive;
Can you pls help me with advice around what can I do to upgrade the stock headlamps. ??? Maybe if some of you have upgraded the HL, pls share your experience, cost and details.

2) Though the stock horns are good for city use, it sounds a bit low for highways. Planning to go with Hella Prumpet type horn (same as skoda and VW vehicles). Any advice or siggrstions on alternative is welcome.
i got High beam bulbs of my Manza chaged to Osram NBP from one shop near Jayadeva hospital.
Now the high beam light throw is better compared to earlier stock lamps. i think it costed me around 2k for that.if the shop details are required PM me i will search and let you know
Old 12th August 2011, 02:23   #1313
BHPian

Is it true!!! manza cs scoop from Tata to launch the Manza CS -SCOOP - CarWale News

Old 12th August 2011, 10:10   #1314
Senior - BHPian

OMG...this looks even worse than Dzire (i never thats going to be possible). Whats TATA thinking !
Old 12th August 2011, 15:48   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
OMG...this looks even worse than Dzire (i never thats going to be possible). Whats TATA thinking !
IMHO, it seems to be a photo shop effect.
The Body side outer doesn't look - smooth ending.
Also the tail lamps are just after the c pillar ending. There should be some gap.

But, a wonderful photo shop work, if not true.

Mods: Pls note. Threads mearged it seems.
Old 12th August 2011, 15:49   #1316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijan
Is it true!!! manza cs scoop from Tata to launch the Manza CS -SCOOP - CarWale News
Looks like a photoshop job to me. It looks too exact in shape to the "regular" Manza, with the boot just shortened.
Old 16th August 2011, 23:03   #1317
Senior - BHPian

The front end and the back end of the CS version seems disproportionate. The Manza looks good as it is. O.T: Are they still selling the Indigo CS btw?
Old 31st August 2011, 15:04   #1318
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Aqua,Aura,Elan sounds better than LX,VX,ZX !

Tata Manza variant nomenclature shakedown soon
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 22:58   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Aqua,Aura,Elan sounds better than LX,VX,ZX !

Tata Manza variant nomenclature shakedown soon

However most of the people I've spoken to who are considering a car are comfortable with the Maruti nomenclature, but don't understand the Manza/Vista. Maybe adopting the same could at the very least clear the confusion a bit. Don't see it impacting sales much, though.

Any news of a refresh in the Manza range since the New Vista now looks nearly identical to the Manza from the front? IMHO there should be something to differentiate them.
Old 17th September 2011, 02:17   #1320
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Celebration Edition

Tata Indigo Manza - Celebration Edition.

Had 1st mention it here : Tata Manza LE
(Brochure uploaded below)

Launched on 15th September 2011.

Only 1000 unites produced country wide.

Priced at 25000/- Rs. (approx.) HIGHER than current top end version (Elan).

Launched to celebrate 2 years of 'Manza'.

ONLY Diesel version available :
& ONLY 2 colours - Tyrian Wine & Dew White for this edition.

Addition Features: ( + the existing features of the Elan version)
  • Interior colour - Black & Beige combination - instead of the Burgundy & Beige
  • Leather Feel Seats
  • Reverse Parking sensors (Audio Only)
  • Celebration Edition badge on the C pillar

Rest - HUGE & Extensive list of features remain the same :

ABS + EBD + Airbags (2)
Bluetooth
Steering controls
Alloy wheels (4)
Chrome at multiple spots
Rear defogger
Rear + Front Foglamps
etc. etc. etc.

Ex-showroom price in Mumbai is 8,11,893 Rs.

On-road - Mumbai registration is : 9,13, 785 Rs.

To which -
Wasan Motors is offering a 15,000 Rs discount
Goodies worth 5k (the usual Mattings, Mudflaps, Garware sunfilm, Car cover).

Exchange bonus: Non-Tata Car - 20k. Tata Car 25k.

Some new schemes by Tata Motor Finance & HDFC (respectively) for less downpayment and better finance options.

All this is what I have collected from Tata Motors Head Office + Concorde Motors + Wasan Motors.

NO test-drive or display model for this particular edition available YET. Will be coming in 5 days - since about 50 units manufactured and ready to be dispatched from the plant.

Delivery in 15 days.

Yes - I have booked mine.

Finally - after MONTHS of reading through T-bhp,
loads of confusion,
loads of test-drives,
a few arguments (@ home),
a few letters to the company
a Manza scale model
- had finally decided on the Manza - but just could not stand the Purple interiors.
A relief from that finally.
But yet - NO black exterior colour !!!

Will upload pics, review and detailed long term ownership report as time permits - but FOR SURE.

Till then - have uploaded ORIGINAL pdf file of the brochure sent by the company.

Manza Elan celebration 01.pdf
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks