Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 11:14   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Great. Would love to know which brand makes it. As for the remote, it is more from the point if my wife sits at the back, and she would like to change tracks or settings

By the way, I have also added a Cocktail Green Beat to my garage (gift for wife)
Old 30th September 2010, 11:25   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
By the way, I have also added a Cocktail Green Beat to my garage (gift for wife)
Congrats mate and welcome to the Beat club

Do let us know if you require any advice or assistance and we are always there to help

Apart from that, do put up a seperate thread of your new offspring with lots of images to do justice to the looks of this car.

Cheers and safe and happy motoring

Alston
Old 30th September 2010, 13:01   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
thedreamcatcher, Welcome to the Beat Club. Do post your wife's experience with the Beat. Would be great to know what a Lady thinks about this car.
Old 30th September 2010, 23:34   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Sure thing guys. Though it is for my wife, I am quite enjoying the car myself. She is still getting used to the car, so prefers to drive my accent ;-)

The thread is coming up soon
Old 9th October 2010, 12:46   #1490
BHPian

quick question guys, is there anyway to have the headunit remember the last track played on the usb? its been driving me insane, every time i start up my car, i hear the same song (1st file on the drive), it used to be one of my favorites but i've come to have a distaste for it.

also, am I the only one who feels the sunglass holder is just there for namesake? I've tried keeping two different sunglasses and have the glasses fall on my head while i'm driving. its quite irritating. Other than that, i've reached 7k with no issues :-) (knock on wood)
Old 9th October 2010, 13:46   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
quick question guys, is there anyway to have the headunit remember the last track played on the usb? its been driving me insane, every time i start up my car, i hear the same song (1st file on the drive), it used to be one of my favorites but i've come to have a distaste for it.
IMO if you do not disconnect the drive from the HU, it should start playing from where you stopped.
In my case, the HU starts from the 1st song only when I put a different drive or reconnect the same drive again. So I generally leave the pen drive in the car itself without disturbing it.

Last edited by bblost : 11th October 2010 at 12:27. Reason: Corrected the Quotes tag, Thanks.
Old 9th October 2010, 14:07   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
IMO if you do not disconnect the drive from the HU, it should start playing from where you stopped. In my case, the HU starts from the 1st song only when I put a different drive or reconnect the same drive again. So I generally leave the pen drive in the car itself without disturbing it.
+1 to Salbin's reply.
My HU on the BEAT starts playing from the point where I have left it.

The problem is, even if I have muted or Switched off the HU, it gets switched on/unmutes automatically when the car starts.
Is there a remedy for the problem?
Old 9th October 2010, 18:05   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
The problem is, even if I have muted or Switched off the HU, it gets switched on/unmutes automatically when the car starts.
The mute and volume(above 15) settings will not be memorised by the HU.
I dont think there will be a remedy for this. (Seems to be an in-built feature - not a problem. IMHO most of the electronic equipments like TV, music system etc will not memorise the mute setting)
BTW the HU does not gets switched on automatically while starting if it in "off" condition.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by bblost : 11th October 2010 at 12:22. Reason: Correct the quote tag, Thanks.
Old 9th October 2010, 19:48   #1494
BHPian

Is this a new colour for the beat ?

I just came across this colour called 'Sanddrift Grey' on the beat website.
Is this the new shade? Can some one please confirm? This is the link Chevrolet India
Old 9th October 2010, 20:00   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
BTW the HU does not gets switched on automatically while starting if it in "off" condition.
Correct me if I am wrong.
That's right. When you actually switch it off (long press) - it doesnt/shouldnt switch on next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
I just came across this colour called 'Sanddrift Grey' on the beat website.
Is this the new shade? Can some one please confirm? This is the link Chevrolet India
Yeah, good find auto-one! Would love to see how this looks like in the flesh! (I'm sorry but the colors on the Chevy site dont look at all realistic - e.g. see the Morocco blue).

BTW there was this info here that MBlue would be discontinued. I heard once from a Chevy guy who'd called me up to ask how my Beat was doing, that that's not the case. Not sure if that was a rumour or not
Old 9th October 2010, 20:16   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post

Yeah, good find auto-one! Would love to see how this looks like in the flesh! (I'm sorry but the colors on the Chevy site dont look at all realistic - e.g. see the Morocco blue).

BTW there was this info here that MBlue would be discontinued. I heard once from a Chevy guy who'd called me up to ask how my Beat was doing, that that's not the case. Not sure if that was a rumour or not
I guess the sanddrift grey colour would look nice on the car. BTW, this sanddrift grey looks different than the one on the spark !! Perhaps, as you have pointed out, the Chevy site doesn't display the shade correctly. And yes, it is good to see that the Moroccan blue shade hasn't been discontinued.

Last edited by auto-one : 9th October 2010 at 20:18.
Old 11th October 2010, 00:46   #1497
BHPian

Hope GM India brings the following colours from Korea

California Orange
&
Barcelona Red
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beatcalifornia-orange.jpg
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beatbarcelona-red.jpg
Old 11th October 2010, 08:49   #1498
BHPian

Guess what! I saw the sanddrift grey today while coming to office. Was driving myself, so couldn't take a snap. I thought it looks okay.. but not that great.

Personally, I feel the i10's grey, or the Figo's dark grey, or the Honda City's grey are better shades.

Agree with salbin, the metallic orange would surely be a hit.
Old 12th October 2010, 22:39   #1499
BHPian

Quote:

also, am I the only one who feels the sunglass holder is just there for namesake? I've tried keeping two different sunglasses and have the glasses fall on my head while i'm driving. its quite irritating. Other than that, i've reached 7k with no issues :-) (knock on wood)
Mine always remembers the last song...in fact the exact point where i switched off.
No issues yet with the sunglass holder in my beat (8700 kms). In fact my sunglasses have been lying in the holder for the past 1 month or so. The only issue is that its pretty small, so wont be able to take some of the larger shades, like ladies' design sunglasses .

Quote:
IMO if you do not disconnect the drive from the HU, it should start playing from where you stopped.
In my case, the HU starts from the 1st song only when I put a different drive or reconnect the same drive again. So I generally leave the pen drive in the car itself without disturbing it.
Thats funny, different experiences with different HU's. In mine it started from the same song even after disconnecting the drive after first switching it off in the middle of a song, hooking it u a friend's laptop, transferring my songs to his drive (no new uploads on the drive), then reconnecting it and turning the HU on again. Started from the very same point where i had stopped it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
+1 to Salbin's reply.
My HU on the BEAT starts playing from the point where I have left it.

It should not get switched on after u have long pressed it to shut it off. Seems some problem with your HU. Contact your service centre people.
Old 13th October 2010, 12:39   #1500
Senior - BHPian

^^
My experience with Beat LT's HU

- Switching off ignition while playing song (key release) -> On next ignition on, HU auto start and play from exact point the song stoped previously (volume reset to 14)

- Pressing Volume/Mute knob for 5 seconds while playing song (Shuts HU) -> Pressing Volume/Mute knob for 5 seconds again Starts HU and play from exact point the song stopped previously (volume reset to 14 - If HU is shut by this way, on next ignition on, HU will not auto start)

Still not figure out how to pause a song. Any idea?

When I remove the PEN drive for Song updatation or Wify in passenger seat (she unplugs and throw my PEN drive in the tray below the passenger seat and plug her own PEN drive with her favorite songs), reinsertion of PEN drive start playing the first song.

NB: I always keep my SanDisk Cruzer Blade 8GB USB Pen Drive CZ50 plugged to the HU. All songs ripped are either 256 or 320 kbit/s. Awesome quality! I have categorized songs in separate folders. So it is easy to Seek from one to another rather than browsing through the entire songs. Including folders/sub-folders HU can only hold 999 files all in together (9999 files was good though, 2 GB of free space left in 8GB drive) . If you want to listen more songs, should plug another PEN drive or CD/DVD.

Regards

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 13th October 2010 at 12:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks