Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 13:13   #1501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
The mute and volume(above 15) settings will not be memorised by the HU.
I dont think there will be a remedy for this.
BTW the HU does not gets switched on automatically while starting if it in "off" condition.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
Mine always remembers the last song...in fact the exact point where i switched off.
It should not get switched on after u have long pressed it to shut it off. Seems some problem with your HU. Contact your service centre people.
Guys, seems I was mistaken. The HU does not switch on automatically, it only unmutes on starting the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
^^
My experience with Beat LT's HU

- Switching off ignition while playing song (key release) -> On next ignition on, HU auto start and play from exact point the song stoped previously (volume reset to 14)

.. reinsertion of PEN drive start playing the first song.
Same features on my HU too.

Quote:
... throw my PEN drive in the tray below the passenger seat.
Hey Vinu, did the parcel tray below the seat came as standard fitment on you BEAT LT?

The tray is not available on my BEAT LT I brought last month. The Showroom guys say it is only for the LT(O) model and the tray is not available separately. Did not see it on other LT models kept on display too.
Old 13th October 2010, 13:17   #1502
Senior - BHPian

@KA18 Yes I got it as standard fitment. Mine is an April 2010 Model.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 13th October 2010, 15:11   #1503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Hey Vinu, did the parcel tray below the seat came as standard fitment on you BEAT LT?

The tray is not available on my BEAT LT I brought last month. The Showroom guys say it is only for the LT(O) model and the tray is not available separately. Did not see it on other LT models kept on display too.
Hey KA,

They have discontinued the underseat parcel tray from July. It was available only with the initial lot. It adds to cost of the vehicle, that's what they would say if you ask for it . The SA is right, they have the tray only for LT (O) now. My friend got a LT in August and we could not find it in there, then when asked for they told its discontinued after the first lot. So those ppl who booked the car initially are lucky to get small goodies like these
Old 13th October 2010, 16:59   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, seems I was mistaken. The HU does not switch on automatically, it only unmutes on starting the car.
Same features on my HU too.

When you turn the ignition key for starting, the accessory power from battery will be out till the cranking finished. Its a power saving process coming as standard to every car to get the maximum juice from the battery and not being used for any power consuming devices like head lights, amps etc. But Beat has got a smart power saving device which will make sure every possible power usage during cranking as some of the cars can be started with the HLs on.

So every time you crank, the HU is restarting but it can memorise the settings and it resumes from where it stopped. There is a live power wire to the HU to keep the settings even if you have removed the key from the slot. If you pull out the HU harness or disconnect the battery only the setting can be lost.

GMs marketing policy is too rigid, now the sales figures are falling down and Figo proves to be a hot cake but they are still on the initial happy hours where the waiting was about 2 months.Now backing off from the promised goodies like storage trays just add oil to the fire. But I still love my Chevy than my friend's Figo in all aspects.
Old 13th October 2010, 18:06   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
GMs marketing policy is too rigid, now the sales figures are falling down and Figo proves to be a hot cake but they are still on the initial happy hours where the waiting was about 2 months.Now backing off from the promised goodies like storage trays just add oil to the fire. But I still love my Chevy than my friend's Figo in all aspects.
Just to add lights on your quote sajjit, Figo petrol sales is similar to that of Beat. Figo diesel are the one's selling like hot cakes, have to just wait till the diesel Beat is launched this year, then we have competition on hand. The two vehicle that are way too ahead in this race is the i10 and Wagon R.

Could not get the split up of Figo petrol and diesel, would be best to look at the numbers and have a comparison then. If anyone has this info, please share it this forum.
Old 14th October 2010, 15:14   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
^^
My experience with Beat LT's HU

Still not figure out how to pause a song. Any idea?

Vinu
Try pushing the USB button again while songs are playing . I think that pauses the USB drive songs. Or was it the case with the CD drive ? I guess i'll have to check that out and get back oto u on this.

Quote:

Lucky me.. April 2010 model LT. Got the under seat tray as standard.
Old 14th October 2010, 15:37   #1507
BHPian

Park lights

Hey, any one know how to switch on the parking lights when you take out the key, once I got it accidently but after that I couldn't figure out and I used to forget to ask the *** when ever I go Power saving option will keep the parking lights on follow me mode and then goes off after a while. But I want to leave this on for a few minutes especially dark roads.
Old 17th October 2010, 17:22   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
^^

Still not figure out how to pause a song. Any idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
Try pushing the USB button again while songs are playing . I think that pauses the USB drive songs. Or was it the case with the CD drive ? I guess i'll have to check that out and get back oto u on this.
Yes, pressing the USB button again pauses the song.
I checked it on my BEAT.

What would be perfect Equalizer settings? I felt the standard Eq. settings lack the depth.
Old 17th October 2010, 20:38   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
What would be perfect Equalizer settings? I felt the standard Eq. settings lack the depth.
The main problem with SQ is because of stock speakers. Despite any EQ settings, you will not get even above average sound from stock speakers.

Post my ICE upgrade, I keep the bass at +3, treble at +5 and fader at +3Rear. This setting brings out the most balanced and near perfect SQ (there is no perfect SQ anyways)

Hope this helps!
Old 21st October 2010, 13:54   #1510
BHPian

Did anyone get a chance to view at Holden Barina Spark?

Barina Spark - Vehicles - Holden. Go better.

here's the link, except the front grill, everything else looks great in the vehicle. Although they dont have the roofrails as in Indian models, there is hardly any difference between lower end and higher end versions.

They have the vehicle with Body kits too in basic model and man look at those seats. Somehow the vehicle looks different than the one here. If there is a direct conversion of the basic version rates, its coming to around 6.3L. Dont know whether this would have sold if it had these many features and the cost.
Old 21st October 2010, 18:14   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Hey, any one know how to switch on the parking lights when you take out the key, once I got it accidently but after that I couldn't figure out and I used to forget to ask the *** when ever I go Power saving option will keep the parking lights on follow me mode and then goes off after a while. But I want to leave this on for a few minutes especially dark roads.
Can you elaborate some more on this. Ws not sure this option was available. I generaly felt the lights get swicthed off the second you remove the key and open the driver door.
Old 21st October 2010, 18:37   #1512
Senior - BHPian

Last Saturday I took my Beat to Metro Chevrolet SC to rectify a slight vibration at pedals and steering while idling at red lights (once in a while it happens). After checking SA told me that it is due to activation of Radiator fan when engine temperature rises more than certain limit. Some on/off feature of radiator fan. Not convinced, but let it like that.

Then I told him regarding rear left suspension sound. They changed some components (total of 4, don’t remember the names) under warranty, and gave a complete wash as complimentary. Next day when I open boot to take Jopasu Car Duster http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ni-review.html, I was surprised to see both the side panels inside the boot was not fixed properly, right speaker wire was disconnected/hanging loose. Got irritated, and called SA immediately. I took that car again to SC, SA put up an apology and fixed it.

Cheers !

Vinu
Old 21st October 2010, 20:58   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Did anyone get a chance to view at Holden Barina Spark?

Barina Spark - Vehicles - Holden. Go better.

here's the link, except the front grill, everything else looks great in the vehicle. Although they dont have the roofrails as in Indian models, there is hardly any difference between lower end and higher end versions.

They have the vehicle with Body kits too in basic model and man look at those seats. Somehow the vehicle looks different than the one here. If there is a direct conversion of the basic version rates, its coming to around 6.3L. Dont know whether this would have sold if it had these many features and the cost.
Yes, these days Iam regularly visiting the Holden site ( I like customising the car. The link is given below ). I liked the car,including the grill, plus it offers many features as standard, not found on the Beat. If Hyundai can offer the i10 with features like steering mounted audio controls, bluetooth, power and heated ORVMS at a market-acceptable price, I see no reason why GM India can't offer them on the Beat at a market-acceptable price.
BTW the Holden site offers a really cool designing tool for the car. One can paint and customise the car just by a click of the mouse. Here is the link: Designer Spark | Holden Barina Spark
Old 22nd October 2010, 00:07   #1514
BHPian

@myavu and Auto-one, the Holden site is cool.

By the way, I think, the design contest's only for Australians right?
I have submitted a design, let's see....

Why can't GM come up with this kind of promos in India?
Seems that they are not very keen on numbers here.
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:44   #1515

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 24th October 2010 at 13:49.
Alphaprime1509 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed