Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 22:10   #1951
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

I had my fill with shell super petrol till first auto cutoff.I have reset the odo today and let's see what FE it gives.I will keep you guys posted.
Old 26th July 2011, 14:28   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Thanks informmaha, Most of the time me and my wife are on-board and all the record is kept by my wife. I simply tell her the odometer reading, driving condition (Highway, Sub-Urban, City (normal/B2B), Uphill/Downhill, at what rpm car is being run, amount of petrol filled. She notes down everything and at the end of the day we do all the calculations.

I usually upshift between >1400 - 2000 rpm band in normal city traffic. But on highways some times also took car upto 4400 rpm in 1st gear and upto 6000 rpm in 2 gear and many a times upshifted between 3000-3500 rpm band. Worst FE I ever got is 10.8 kmpl without AC in city, but that was when I abused the car, most of the time upshifted between >2400 - 4400 rpm band and drove mostly in 1st-2nd-3rd gears. Best FE I ever got is 19.70 kmpl without AC on highway, when I upsifted between > 1400 - 2000 rpm band and kept < 2500 rpm in 5th gear.

10 kmpl in city and 12 kmpl on highway is definitely very less. On highway with 100% AC ON I got ~18 kmpl, speed 70-80 kmph, rpm < 2500.

My purchase is of April. Oxygen and Salbin are also getting good FE in the range of 13 - 17 kmpl.
Beat Riders,
Hows the FE now?I have a very low FE like 9-10 KM
Old 26th July 2011, 15:54   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Guys, wanted to confirm if this is normal. The blower in my beat when kept in air intake mode will blow the air from outside to inside in-spite of being at speed 0? Is that Normal? I changed that to recirculation mode and now it does not blow air. Can someone confirm this?

If this is normal then is this the cause that the A/C filter gets clogged so early?
Blower will blow if the car is not moving or even engine is flameout.But even when you put it into re-circulation mode it will KEEP BLOWING.But the sound will change a little.AC filter gets clogged easily.It is only because of the pollution outside the car.And Its a sign that your ac is working properly.
Old 26th July 2011, 21:33   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Beat Riders,
Hows the FE now?I have a very low FE like 9-10 KM
Check FE for long ranges to get better accuracy. I mean for at-least after consuming a tank full of petrol.
Old 26th July 2011, 21:52   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Check FE for long ranges to get better accuracy. I mean for at-least after consuming a tank full of petrol.
I did that.I was getting 10.5 nearly on highways.Now I am doing autocutoff methode.its just 30.5 km now.Already las two bits disappeared.
Old 26th July 2011, 22:11   #1956
BHPian

Quote:
I did that.I was getting 10.5 nearly on highways.Now I am doing autocutoff methode.its just 30.5 km now.Already las two bits disappeared.
I think you misunderstood me. I mean to check the auto cut-off method for a longer period(full tank to almost empty tank). Then you will be consuming around 30+ liters of fuel. Fill the tank upto auto cut-off again and note the trip reading. Now divide the kms by the fuel quantity to get the FE.
Hope clarified.
Old 26th July 2011, 22:25   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I think you misunderstood me. I mean to check the auto cut-off method for a longer period(full tank to almost empty tank). Then you will be consuming around 30+ liters of fuel. Fill the tank upto auto cut-off again and note the trip reading. Now divide the kms by the fuel quantity to get the FE.
Hope clarified.
Yes.Thanks.But I was planning to refill when odo touches 50.Forgive me,as I dont know what is the good part of waiting till full consumtion?
Old 26th July 2011, 22:56   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Yes.Thanks.But I was planning to refill when odo touches 50.Forgive me,as I dont know what is the good part of waiting till full consumtion?

Assume the error between your full tank fillings are 300ml(0.3ltr)
-If you calculate the FE for ~1 lit consumption, the maximum possible error in FE is ~30%
-If you calculate the FE for ~10 lit consumption, the maximum possible error in FE is ~3%
-If you calculate the FE for ~30 lit consumption, the maximum possible error in FE is ~1%
Old 28th July 2011, 16:10   #1959
BHPian

Guys I did the topup today.The odo was reading 83.9 and I had a topup of 6.2(Shell super petrol) from same nozzle.so 83.9/6.2 = 13.53 and it seems a good figure.

I have used 50% ac in B2B traffic and a daily run of 3 km on 1st and 2nd gears(a bumpy road inside our layout).So this is a practical figure.

Thanks to all of you.
Old 28th July 2011, 19:18   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I did the topup today.The odo was reading 83.9 and I had a topup of 6.2(Shell super petrol) from same nozzle.so 83.9/6.2 = 13.53 and it seems a good figure.

I have used 50% ac in B2B traffic and a daily run of 3 km on 1st and 2nd gears(a bumpy road inside our layout).So this is a practical figure.

Thanks to all of you.
So there is an improvement.
Before concluding anything, get some more continuous results to confirm the consistency.
BTW, did you finalized on the bluetooth OBD device?
To my knowledge, Beat got CAN protocol. Any other Beat owners- please confirm this?
Old 28th July 2011, 19:38   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
So there is an improvement.
Before concluding anything, get some more continuous results to confirm the consistency.
BTW, did you finalized on the bluetooth OBD device?
To my knowledge, Beat got CAN protocol. Any other Beat owners- please confirm this?
Yeah.Beat got CAN protocol.It got metal contacts at pin 4,5,6,7,14,16
This shows it is a CAN.We are planning to meetup with kemified one day as he got all hardwares for this,before I buy.
Please find http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2447335 for more details.
Old 28th July 2011, 20:48   #1962
Senior - BHPian

Went for 3rd service. (1.5 yrs 13000 km)
All the usual stuffs done. Had a problem with AC blowers which the ICE installers messed up. Now it is rectified. It was due to a disconnected cable.
All minor issues resolved. Coolant topped up, Oil changed, pollen filter cleaned etc etc.

Net bill 2400. Pretty low i guess. Why do people go for the maintenance package anyway. There is already a 3yrs warranty. Over and above there is Chevrolet promise.

The work was done very well. Very fast. People were courteous. The infrastructure was really good.
All in all very much satisfied.
Old 28th July 2011, 21:21   #1963
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Oxyzen, thanks for the details.
So have you opted for the 3 year promise or not? (Apologies if its always given free & this is a stupid question. I thought some days back it was optional & at a cost.)
If you've opted for the 3 year promise, then what was the 2400 charge for? Did they charge you for the coolant top-up? How much if yes? And had you checked if you really needed a top up?

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th July 2011 at 21:22.
Old 28th July 2011, 21:48   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So have you opted for the 3 year promise or not? (Apologies if its always given free & this is a stupid question. I thought some days back it was optional & at a cost.)
If you've opted for the 3 year promise, then what was the 2400 charge for? Did they charge you for the coolant top-up? How much if yes? And had you checked if you really needed a top up?
When Beat was launched, they were not giving the 3 year package. This 3 year package was introduced somewhere during mid 2010. Initially they were charging ~13.5K for those who missed it during their car purchase and opt to buy it later when it was introduced. I think now the 3 year package is given free with every purchase.
As far as the service cost is concerned, it is mainly the oil change, consumables(grease, lubricant spray, coolant top-up, windscreen washer solution etc..) and service charges. Me too got the 15K service done 2 weeks back, but I forgot the cost split-up..
For all the new buyers and those who opted for add on package, the bill will be zero!.
Old 28th July 2011, 22:40   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Let me clarify first.
  • 3 years maintenance package - You pay some 13000Rs upfront and you dont pay anything for the next 3 years.
  • Chevrolet promise - It is by default. Every Chevy you own. If your cost of maintenance exceeds some amount (Something like 17K) the extra amount is refunded.
  • 3 years warranty- That is for defective parts only. Not regular maintenance
Our car was from the first lot. 3 years maintenance package was not included. We were in a dual state of mind but finally we did not go for it. But these schemes provided by GM is really entertaining.

Now I think the maintenance package is included in the car price. This is what they added while they increased the price.

1200 was straight away for Oil. Some for oil filter and air cleaner. 700 odd was for labor. It was cleaned extremely well. Both on the outside and inside. Some screeching noises from one door taken care of. AC blower problem as mentioned above. Broken bumper clip was rectified. Coolant and brake oil topped up (I think free) So 700 for labor was justified. Taxes and stuffs extra.

Last edited by oxyzen : 28th July 2011 at 22:41.
oxyzen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks