Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2011, 14:43   #2071
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Guys I covered 349 km for 28L petrol in bangalore traffic(FE = 12.46km/l) with 85% AC.Do you think this figures are ok?
Old 17th September 2011, 01:16   #2072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Guys I covered 349 km for 28L petrol in bangalore traffic(FE = 12.46km/l) with 85% AC.Do you think this figures are ok?
Those seem to be satisfactory figure for B2B traffic with the AC on.

I have driven for 650 Kms since last full tank with 2 bars yet to go. Expecting a mileage of 20 this time. This time, AC was very rarely used, but the windows were not fully up. 5 people on board
Old 17th September 2011, 02:24   #2073
BHPian

super.i am expecting to cover 400 km in city this time.i filled shell super petrol 30 l thistime,23km done.still showing full bars.
Old 17th September 2011, 18:41   #2074
BHPian

initial setup of 8led drl..long ay to go
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat-drl.jpg  

white-rabbit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 12:58   #2075
BHPian

The Beat LT accesoried !!

the biggest shocker was the mileage:13.95km/L with 100% ac and 100% city driving
no more regrets buying the petrol and im sure il be getting better figures after first service!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-photo0105.jpg  

Old 18th September 2011, 16:38   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
the biggest shocker was the mileage:13.95km/L with 100% ac and 100% city driving
no more regrets buying the petrol and im sure il be getting better figures after first service!
Congrats ariendj.
Looks excellent with those matching alloys.
Did you change the tyres?
The alloys design looks almost similar to mine.. which brand is it?
Old 18th September 2011, 23:56   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
They are not dots.Paint is off and metal has been exposed,but minute ones
Me too experienced the same, but for me it happened on the door of non driver seat.At the very first look, we cant identify it. But once taking a close look, we can see it and obviously it is not dots due to the stones hitted. Its just like powder sprayed on the door and while we rub over it we can feel the difference.
Old 19th September 2011, 13:29   #2078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekm85 View Post
Me too experienced the same, but for me it happened on the door of non driver seat.At the very first look, we cant identify it. But once taking a close look, we can see it and obviously it is not dots due to the stones hitted. Its just like powder sprayed on the door and while we rub over it we can feel the difference.
Yes.The same thing.Is it because of the paint quality?Should we check with GM executives?
BTW I bought same DRL as yours.I set it up using a Relay connected with headlight.Now Sill,DRL,Rainguard is done.Need to fix the mileage issue.Did you buy sill?
Old 19th September 2011, 13:31   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post

ariendj,congrats.Alloys look awsome and perfectly bends with the car.Please share more details.
Old 19th September 2011, 15:22   #2080
BHPian

Some pics of the relay connection and DRL setup.Sorry for the low quality pictures,since I took it using my mobile phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-drl4.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-drl5.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-drl6.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-drl7.jpg  

Old 19th September 2011, 17:11   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
Yes.The same thing.Is it because of the paint quality?Should we check with GM executives?
BTW I bought same DRL as yours.I set it up using a Relay connected with headlight.Now Sill,DRL,Rainguard is done.Need to fix the mileage issue.Did you buy sill?
Yes... I ordered the same sills what Salbin had posted here. Seems like they are going to ship the item by 23rd of this month.Hope to receive it my end by this month end. Apart from this, i have put the sporty red and black seat covers for my beat...
Old 19th September 2011, 19:46   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekm85 View Post
Yes... I ordered the same sills what Salbin had posted here. Seems like they are going to ship the item by 23rd of this month.Hope to receive it my end by this month end. Apart from this, i have put the sporty red and black seat covers for my beat...
I will put seat cover once I come to kerala.Near my house there is a guy who is a veteran in upholistory works.Last time,when I went there,he was fixing seatcover to a Indica Vista.It was supercool.. It will be done some where in December.
About the sill,You will get it in 2-3 days after shipping.Let us know your experiance of fixing it(Especially,the back door ones)
Old 19th September 2011, 21:14   #2083
BHPian

Done.. I will update it once its fitted. By the way, i took some night snaps of my dlrs. Please have a look...

Old 19th September 2011, 21:18   #2084
BHPian

WOW!!! But I am mistake.Mine is not the same.It is an Eight led straight one.Note the L type.
does in have a different switch?I think it is not connected to headlight.
Old 19th September 2011, 21:46   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Good install guys. Just one thing about the illuminated sill plates. I believe they void warranty, especially if the wires are cut. But in case of Salbin, i think he is safe.

I am also trying to take some time to upload the stuff I have done for my Beat. List includes, centre arm rest console with storage (DIY), interior dome light 48 LED type (DIY as it would not fit, so had to do some adjustments), the best of all, Smoking my Taillights using Nightshade (DIY), Changing all bulbs wit the headlights to Crystal Vision and the fogs to another brand, which is around 4000k, installed transparent door, bumper, mirror guards all around, extended AUX in port for rear seat use and Tomo Headrests (These are amazing headrests, though a tad bit expensive abd believe it is made by Fouring). Will upload pics soon.

Wow
You actually fitted the centre armrest console. I've been wanting to do that since long. Can you please upload a few pics of how it looks after installation so we can get an idea of the looks and how much space it takes. You also went ahead and did the other thing i wanted to get done in my Beat, Getting the interior light fitted. Photos of that too please if possible. How much is the difference with crystalvision viv a vis the original bulbs? And please let me know the sites where you got all this stuff as i'll have to order online too...all this stuff is not available in Nagpur. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks