Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 10:40   #2161
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
If it is the case it should give at least11 to 12kms per liter in city. Please go to one of the good *** and check thoroughly.
Its already reported to the SVC and am yet to make a full tank to full tank spin test as per the SVC's suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody, Mr.sajjt/mr beat. About 10 days back i put up 5/6 readings on rajasthan highway, difference was between 13.33 KMPL to 18+kmpl.

I posted and it seems it was not approved. How do i locate that post. I cant find it in my posts nor can i find it in the 2/3 beat(petrol)threads.

Could somebody please guide?

thanks
rgds
Sir, you got 13.33 Kpl on highway drive? Was it too crowded during the drive? I guess you are also getting low FE like me, I've'n't done any long trips on this car so far, I used to take only for short trips max of 80Km at a stretch so can't comment the FE on long drives. Normal drives, mixed conditions, 90% AC, FE avg was 12. Best FE was 14kpl and the worst was 8Kpl, obviously in city.

Being a newbie, all your posts will be updated after moderation until your total no of posts reaches 25 IIRC. I guess, its still waiting for the moderation, if its long pending, you can ping any of the mods about this.
Old 20th October 2011, 11:05   #2162
Senior - BHPian

Sajjit,
I was not aware how did you calculate the consumption. Your service center is correct informing you to test full tank to full tank which I mentioned as brim to brim in my earlier post. Still I am confident that it will not be so low as you tell. So better once check once full tank to full tank on Highway and full tank to full tank on city roads. Better run around 85kms and fill again and check.
Old 20th October 2011, 11:13   #2163
Senior - BHPian

Dear all Beat Petrol owners,

Those who are facing less mileage (less than 11) and poor driveability kindly remap/upgrade your Beat's ECM software to Performance Improvement (2nd Gear/Drivability) (xxxxxY4). Contact GM Service Centre.(15 to 20 minutes job)
  • Try to drive in optimum speed at 1800 RPM/5th Gear
  • Don't drive in 5th Gear anything below 1500 RPM. ECM will inject more fuel to avoid engine knocking. Other way if speed is less than 50 and greater than 35 drive in fourth gear. (there is always a tendency to drive in wrong gear (4th and 5th) in city)
  • Once the above mentioned ECM update is done, at speed over 13 kmph you can zip through slow moving traffic in the city with 2nd gear. Try it.
  • Be gentle on accelerator pedal.
Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 20th October 2011 at 11:25.
Old 20th October 2011, 23:04   #2164
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Ive got almost no chance to check the mileage on the highway since I live in the middle of mumbai and also wont be able to do it before the 6 month service since Ill be busy by the time my service date happens. I really feel that there is some issue with my beat when it comes to FE. Driveability is perfectly fine and I really do drive in a way that should get me some good FE. In fact a friend of mine who also has a Beat and is quite a rubbish driver has been getting 13-15 kmpl.

Do I still need to get the ECU update done since my car is a March 2011 model and has the new Smartech engine so should have the ECU update mentioned (xxxxxxxY4) which is for the "old" engine ?

What should I get them to check out when I give it for servicing ?

Also, can I give it for servicing at another Chevrolet franchisees service center ? Just wanted to check as the service senter of the dealership I bought the car from didnt do a good job on the assurance check up and I found it hard to communicate car stuff with the service advisors as they dont speak english. Also it is out of the way and a big waste of fuel.

Has anyone had any experience with National Garage at Haji Ali Mumbai ?? Its on the way to work and would prefer using them.

Last edited by Mortis : 20th October 2011 at 23:05.
Old 20th October 2011, 23:58   #2165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Its already reported to the SVC and am yet to make a full tank to full tank spin test as per the SVC's suggestion.
Sir, you got 13.33 Kpl on highway drive? Was it too crowded during the drive? I guess you are also getting low FE like me, I've'n't done any long trips on this car so far, I used to take only for short trips max of 80Km at a stretch so can't comment the FE on long drives. Normal drives, mixed conditions, 90% AC, FE avg was 12. Best FE was 14kpl and the worst was 8Kpl, obviously in city..
IMHO, a highway drive at 70+kmph will definitely give you a better FE figure.
White-rabbit was complaining about the same issue, but I came to know from him that he got ~17-18kmpl when he himself conducted FE test in highway at 70+ speed. H is not able to post the details since he got a temporary ban from the moderators.
Old 21st October 2011, 12:58   #2166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
IMHO, a highway drive at 70+kmph will definitely give you a better FE figure.
White-rabbit was complaining about the same issue, but I came to know from him that he got ~17-18kmpl when he himself conducted FE test in highway at 70+ speed. H is not able to post the details since he got a temporary ban from the moderators.
Salbin, I also have the same feeling as its the sweet spot (60-80Kph) for better FE for almost every mid segment cars. My experience with other cars like Alto, Wagon R, Swift, H I10 etc are giving better FE if its driven in this range. Beyond this speed it will return low FE to my observation, am I wrong?

But why GM guys sticking to 40Kph to get the best FE And how come its practical on our roads, whenever I slow down below 60Kph on the right lane, somebody will honk from behind, well that's another topic to be discussed for the impatient and indecent drivers who are fond of honking without any reason like in the toll ques.
Old 21st October 2011, 13:00   #2167
Joy
BHPian

Now, Chevy Beat wins top honours in Raid De Himalaya, 2011.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9985990&type=3

Congrats to the winners !!!
Old 22nd October 2011, 00:25   #2168
BHPian

sajjt
hi
it was not crowded at all.I filled before i drove into kishangarh town.I maintaind sub 80 KMPH
The post where i gave all the readings was posted 2 weeks back.How do i ping the moderators?Nor can i read the post in my posts.

Mortis
hi
i got my yearly service done at National as that is the nearest to me.Arvind is the person concerned.Helpful.I am afraid as far as the quality of servicing is concerned i would not know because it was not done in my presence.On the surface of it it looed ok.After the service i drove bombay leh bombay.No issues.In fact called arvind whether i need to clean the airfilter or do something.He said do nothing and everything will be ok
I am thinking of going on another 6000 km journey and before i start i have to get my car serviced and checked thoroughly.Will appreciate if you could pl PM the name of the dealer that you were not happy with?
thanks a lot
rgds
PS wherabouts do uyou stay in bombay?
Old 23rd October 2011, 21:42   #2169
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I got my car serviced from the Nikhil Motors service center at Reay Road. I stay in Juhu but work at Kemps corner so National Garage is on the way.
Old 24th October 2011, 21:41   #2170
BHPian

Mortis
Hi
Yes you can get your car serviced anywhere.
Even i had a bad experience with nikhil.They went back on their word that too for a paltry sum of rs 1200(I took the delivery of beat and did not notice a hairline crack on the rear taillight cover.More than 10 times they agreed but when the time came to change they backed out and wanted to charge me.)
I have good relations with the sales executive,no issue about that,in fact called him today to wish him but the seniors refused.
Incidentally National is closed wed,thu,fri.I spoke to Arvind today whether i should get the car serviced before i start on a another 6000 km journey
Rgds
Old 25th October 2011, 18:16   #2171
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot faustus, will get in touch with Arvind. Do you have a personal contact number or the number for the service center ?
Old 26th October 2011, 01:03   #2172
BHPian

Mr.Mortis
Hi
I avoid taking their personal numbers unless i need it for an emergency.National's number is 23516766.
Incidentally you mentioned the communication gap between Nikhil staff and you.Other than that how was the quality of service?
For you National will definitely be better as it is en route.You can drop it in the morning and collect in the evening.
Regards
Old 26th October 2011, 12:13   #2173
Senior - BHPian

Overall Nikhils service was not too good. They managed to spray water on some sensor inside the engine because of which the check engine light was continuously lit and I had to send it back the next day to get it fixed. They returned the car to me which was almost completely out of fuel and I had to got get petrol from the pump in a bottle and fill it before I felt it was safe enough to drive to the pump. I called up the service center and they said ok sorry sir and hung up
Old 28th October 2011, 22:37   #2174
BHPian

Mr.Mortis
Hi
These are elementary precautions.Really surprised that they were so negligent.
How come you were left with so little petrol that you had to take a cab(i assume)then find a bottle and return with petrol.It speaks volumes of their attitude.At most they need just a 2/3 km test drive.
By the way,though i couldnt put a finger on it,i felt that i had less petrol at National.
Unfortunately nothing you can do.If a few litres are siphoned off you wouldnt be very sure.You have to add that to the cost of servicing.
If you do get your car serviced at national please do write to me about your experience.
Regards
Old 30th October 2011, 10:45   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
WOW!!! But I am mistake.Mine is not the same.It is an Eight led straight one.Note the L type.
does in have a different switch?I think it is not connected to headlight.
It is connected to the park Light... I got this through deal extreme with a cost of $ 23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks