Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 23:13   #2671
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
So a local denting and painting shop can bring back your black beauty.

Cheers!
Yup pretty much, getting it repaired on Thursday, unfortunately since the Jazz damaged the bumper and the panel next to it, both of them need to be re-painted completely.

Haven't been able to do the 'pour water on my rear windshield' test. I really hope its working.
_____

BTW, saw a Green colour Beat with angle eyes and projectors today. She looked SWEET to say the least. Someone get it done on their Beat! (I know that jeganatu has done the rings for his fogs)
Old 8th May 2012, 11:43   #2672
BHPian

Hey Guys, I have lodged a complaint with Chevrolet India against Nikhil Automobiles in Navi Mumbai. My car is only 10.8K Kms done and the rear dead axle has bent and the tyres have crossed. I had been to the Service Center of Nikhil Automobiles and they gave me whooping estimate of 12K for the dead axle replacement. I asked them is this covered under warranty? they said nope, you have banged your car in some pothhole. I replied its BS, how do you conclude that? No answer!!! Hence i lodged a complaint at the chevrolet customer care! Have given them deadline of 3 days else i will be moving a step ahead to the consumer court.
Old 8th May 2012, 19:14   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Hey Guys, I have lodged a complaint with Chevrolet India against Nikhil Automobiles in Navi Mumbai. My car is only 10.8K Kms done and the rear dead axle has bent and the tyres have crossed. I had been to the Service Center of Nikhil Automobiles and they gave me whooping estimate of 12K for the dead axle replacement. I asked them is this covered under warranty? they said nope, you have banged your car in some pothhole. I replied its BS, how do you conclude that? No answer!!! Hence i lodged a complaint at the chevrolet customer care! Have given them deadline of 3 days else i will be moving a step ahead to the consumer court.
Thats sad to hear!! Is the Chevrolet customer care the telephone thing?? Also shoot some emails to higher up folk at chevrolet if you can find their IDs.

______

So I didnt have to pour water on my rear glass to check if the defogger was working since the skies opened in Bangalore today and did it for me.

I was expecting to see several dry lines when I switched the defogger on but only saw one big horizontal one. Don't know if the defogger works like this but the end result was that the rear glass was fog-free, so I guess its fine.

The rear defogger is the one on the 'mode' button right??

Was pretty pleased with the whole defogging and demisting system on my Beat today.
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 11:58   #2674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
I was expecting to see several dry lines when I switched the defogger on but only saw one big horizontal one.
Single line or multi-line, if your glass is fog free then leave it as it is. By the way mine is defogging in multiple lines
Quote:
The rear defogger is the one on the 'mode' button right??
Yes the one in 'Mode Button'!

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 9th May 2012, 20:05   #2675
BHPian

Does the LT petrol have a tinted window glasses?I am yet to remove the sunfilim.Still bit confused about it.Is there any possibility to get a tinted glass for Beat?
Old 9th May 2012, 20:18   #2676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Does the LT petrol have a tinted window glasses?I am yet to remove the sunfilim.Still bit confused about it.Is there any possibility to get a tinted glass for Beat?
Yes it does, the GM stamp on the glasses say 70%+ green tint. I got it tested and its 78%. Even the front windscreen has a slight tint. But its almost transparent and you cant really feel it.

Not sure you can make it out in the photo below.
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-20120504_175748.jpg
Old 9th May 2012, 20:47   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it does, the GM stamp on the glasses say 70%+ green tint. I got it tested and its 78%. Even the front windscreen has a slight tint. But its almost transparent and you cant really feel it.

Not sure you can make it out in the photo below.
Attachment 925367
I believe it is without sunfilim,right?

I could recollect seeing the test drive vehicle with tinted glass.If it is os,I thing we dont have to worry much about removing sunfilim.
Old 9th May 2012, 21:11   #2678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
I believe it is without sunfilim,right?

I could recollect seeing the test drive vehicle with tinted glass.If it is os,I thing we dont have to worry much about removing sunfilim.
The stock Beat doesn't come with any sunfilm instead the glass is tinted directly by Chevrolet. You cannot get rid of the tinted glass.

You only need to remove the sunfilm put by the dealer.

Another photo below to give u a better idea. You can make out the green tint.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-20120509_204007.jpg
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 21:52   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
The stock Beat doesn't come with any sunfilm instead the glass is tinted directly by Chevrolet. You cannot get rid of the tinted glass.

You only need to remove the sunfilm put by the dealer.

Another photo below to give u a better idea. You can make out the green tint.

Attachment 925382
Only thing I am worried about is the defogger and the look of the vehicle
Old 10th May 2012, 16:12   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909
I called them again today and they said this issue has been forwarded to GM and they will get back to you by tomorrow. I have told then if i dont get a response by tomorrow my next step will be posting it all over the internet and ask the prospect buyers not to buy. Also have one full day spent at Nikhil automobiles talking to all new buyers and asking them not to buy any GM cars.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by GTO : 12th May 2012 at 16:12. Reason: SMS language/spelling corrected.
Old 10th May 2012, 19:34   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
I called them again today and they said this issue has been fowarded to GM and they will get back to you by tom. I have told then if i dont get a response by tom my next step will b posting it all over the internet and ask the prospect buyers not to buy. Also have one full day spent at Nikhil automobiles talking to all new buyers and asking them not to buy any GM cars.
There are few beat owners in the forum who faced similar issues.Contact them too.They may be able to support you.I remember reading about a beat which had its front suspention or swing arm(something like that) broken while driving.Just try searching.
Old 11th May 2012, 01:26   #2682
BHPian

I would wait for a verdict on the tinted glasses. I don't want to get rid on the tints, or better i would wait for the cops in Calcutta to react, or possibly not use my Beat for a few weeks.
I just am very confused.
If nothing turns out I would change my films to 70% visibility ones, green and then tell the cops that they are stock. :stupid
Old 11th May 2012, 13:20   #2683
BHPian

Guys,My friend friend's friend is a manager in Vkool.He said that 3M will be calling for a stay order by 15th May.Vkool also will be doing the same on 15th.Today he said Garware also joined.
Hope SC will consider this.So may be we can wait for few more days and then decide to remove it or not.
Old 12th May 2012, 09:35   #2684
BHPian

Service update:

Got my 35k service done from Sundaram motors yesterday.
Got all spark plugs, engine oil + filter replaced.
She feels marginally smoother now!

Had reported about rear door rattle. I dont think anything has been done about it.
Will know when i take some bad roads.

This 5k km service interval is too short. Wish it had been at least 10K km.

Last edited by Auto freak : 12th May 2012 at 09:41.
Old 12th May 2012, 19:09   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Service update:

Got my 35k service done from Sundaram motors yesterday.
Got all spark plugs, engine oil + filter replaced.
She feels marginally smoother now!
35k!! Wow, you are now a pro-Beat's'ter! How much did the 35k service cost you?

_____

My FE results. Disappointing. 10.9kmpl. 90% city, 10% highway. However, I did give my Beat to a body shop for 2 days for repair so, who knows how many times they switched my car on and off.

One thing I have noticed since the last two re-fuelling pitstops is that my first bar on the indicator is going down in just 2-3 kms. It never used to happen before and previously the first bar would last 25-30 kms. The fuel getting filled has been a constant 29-31 ltrs when I re-fuel since the start.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks