Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2013, 23:42   #2956
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Mortis
Hi
Yesterday I checked the price of the rear wiper blade.
It is around rs 250
Also checked about 2K/Dupont.They use it.
Regards

Last edited by faustus77 : 3rd February 2013 at 23:44.
Old 3rd February 2013, 23:53   #2957
BHPian

After having visited Naldehra, HP, in two Beats, I have a couple of suggestions for fellow Beat Owners:

1. A tyre upgrade is a must. I recommend a minimum of 185ers if there is possibility of driving on curvy roads.
It helps the grip, and greatly enhances the braking ability.

2. The stock lamps on the Beat are good. But they get much, much better with an investment of Rs 1200. Philips Rallye 100/90s with Original Philips wiring (that includes the relay unit as well). And the bulbs cost just 300 a pair. So replacements wouldn't be too expensive.
End result beats what I got earlier for HIDs (6000K) on stock reflectors.

3. Have a pair of fog lamps (stock or additional - like the Hellas in my case). They help more than you'd imagine.

4. Brake pads replaced before the trip. You don't want to take chances in the hills.

My observations of my cars behaviour :

1. After being parked on ice overnight, it started with a single crank in the morning.
2. Highway behaviour is more than satisfactory. The tyres helped immensely. Grip, braking and acceleration all above satisfactory limits. Hill ascent was a non issue on both my and Abhishek car.

3. The FFE sound is addictive. Even after almost a year of installation.

4. Driving in extremely low grip conditions going downhill on a steep mountain road. This situation warrants the upgradation of tyres. And a new set of brake pads.

All in all, an extremely enjoyable experience.

To add to the goodness, zero under body hits.

Sam
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 21:50   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is it Wurth? Please do check with them and let us know. Also please do carry your cam and try and take some pics.
Hi
Yes.You are right.It was by Wurth.
Have decided to change the wiper blades.Will buy Hella as recommended by members here.
A query.When I call up the accessory shop do I have to give any specification,except that it is a beat,to get the correct wipers.Is there any reference no. that is given?
Please guide.
Thanks and regards
Old 19th February 2013, 21:59   #2959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post

Hi
Yes.You are right.It was by Wurth.
Have decided to change the wiper blades.Will buy Hella as recommended by members here.
A query.When I call up the accessory shop do I have to give any specification,except that it is a beat,to get the correct wipers.Is there any reference no. that is given?
Please guide.
Thanks and regards
Size of the wipers is very important. You may need to give the specific size of the wipers mentioned in the earlier posts. Also mention the Hellas you're going for.
AbhishekB86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 21:59   #2960
BHPian

Quote:

Is there any reference no. that is given?
Please guide.
Thanks and regards
You just need to specify the length. For dynaedge, I went in for 21 inches and 13 inches.
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 00:41   #2961
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...When I call up the accessory shop do I have to give any specification,except that it is a beat,to get the correct wipers.Is there any reference no. that is given?
Please guide...
Good accessory shops will have a catalogue with the blade sizes of almost all cars. If you tell the brand, they usually pick the right ones. If you already know the sizes, then it's nice to have!

Between, Swift sizes are 19" & 21".
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 23:31   #2962
Senior - BHPian

A big thanks to Salbin for making and sending me the seat spacers for my Beat so that my better half gets a better view of the road and I get improved thigh support !
Old 25th February 2013, 23:46   #2963
BHPian

Greetings from Goa

I have been driving the blue eyed Wagon R for two days and I have personally laid any apprehensions I had about not going for the R to rest.

The noise levels were a little high for my liking. Bottle holders missing. Cup holder wasn't good enough as the one in the Beat and I thought my coffee would spill anytime. Had to park and finish. Wasn't impressed with the plastics. Loved the turning radius though it is much better than Chevy's. Also the space was adequate enough at the back bench. However, the front seats weren't as comfortable. Low end torque was a bit irritating and you really have to press the throttle hard but when the car responds, it does well.

Personally speaking from the design to the interiors I feel I made the right choice. The Wagon R is a good practical workhorse I loved driving it but then again like my Chevy a little more.

Cheers!
AbhishekB86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 01:39   #2964
BHPian

I don't think i've seen such confusion regarding wiper blades before. Various online websites are saying pairs of 22/16, 22/18, 21/19. It'd be nice if someone could give a concrete answer as to the actual size of each blade (driver, passenger, rear). I'm planning on replacing my blades, my bosch's have been running more than a year (no major streaking yet). If I remember correctly, the car came from the factory with bosch. Anyway, if anyone has recently bought/replaced their wiper blades, kindly do let me know the size. Thanks!
Old 26th February 2013, 09:21   #2965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Greetings from Goa

I have been driving the blue eyed Wagon R for two days and I have personally laid any apprehensions I had about not going for the R to rest.

The noise levels were a little high for my liking. Bottle holders missing. Cup holder wasn't good enough as the one in the Beat and I thought my coffee would spill anytime. Had to park and finish. Wasn't impressed with the plastics. Loved the turning radius though it is much better than Chevy's. Also the space was adequate enough at the back bench. However, the front seats weren't as comfortable. Low end torque was a bit irritating and you really have to press the throttle hard but when the car responds, it does well.

Personally speaking from the design to the interiors I feel I made the right choice. The Wagon R is a good practical workhorse I loved driving it but then again like my Chevy a little more.

Cheers!
I also had a chance of driving the new Wag R recently on my home trip, where parents have bought one. Agreed with the low end torque, but if you do floor the pedal, it actually beats the shit of our Beats ! I was amazed how it pulls through ~ 50 kmph in just 3rd gear ! The only problem Beatie has, is the 2nd gear ultra low torque, and a bit of cramped rear seats. Apart from that our Beatie is truly our Heartbeat.

And your trips with samarth seems to be lining up very often. Am still waiting for that Travellogue of HP, and not to mention the current Goan trip travellogue once you're back.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 26th February 2013 at 09:24.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 10:34   #2966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

I also had a chance of driving the new Wag R recently on my home trip, where parents have bought one. Agreed with the low end torque, but if you do floor the pedal, it actually beats the shit of our Beats ! I was amazed how it pulls through ~ 50 kmph in just 3rd gear ! The only problem Beatie has, is the 2nd gear ultra low torque, and a bit of cramped rear seats. Apart from that our Beatie is truly our Heartbeat.

And your trips with samarth seems to be lining up very often. Am still waiting for that Travellogue of HP, and not to mention the current Goan trip travellogue once you're back.
Congratulations. It does actually speed up once in motion much better than Chevy. However with all due thanks and curses to Mr Samarth Bhatia I have also started flooring the throttle on the Beat.

Goa travelogue does not have many pictures but sure the HP is doable if only Samarth and I can manage to put all the pictures together. I promise to make it fast
Old 26th February 2013, 10:46   #2967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. It does actually speed up once in motion much better than Chevy. However with all due thanks and curses to Mr Samarth Bhatia I have also started flooring the throttle on the Beat.

Goa travelogue does not have many pictures but sure the HP is doable if only Samarth and I can manage to put all the pictures together. I promise to make it fast
Haaahaaahaaa... For some reasons, Samarth seems to have spread the flooring infection here in B'lore too !! I had been a sedate driver with gear changes within the 2k RPM range. Now-a-days it has to be ~ 3k per gear change !! Sometimes, I become conscious and avoid this flooring, but seems the engine has got used to the 3k gear shifts and behaves lazily if I do a shift within the 2k range.
Old 26th February 2013, 21:54   #2968
BHPian

Quote:
C However with all due thanks and curses to Mr Samarth Bhatia I have also started flooring the throttle on the Beat.
HaHaHa, had to post this,

If you remember sometime back you were Mr. Patience getting all of 13kmpl in the city!!

Shame on you!!!

Last edited by superutp : 26th February 2013 at 21:57.
Old 26th February 2013, 23:06   #2969
Senior - BHPian

Anyone got a free flow done on their Beat ? Im planning to get one done in a months time after my 2 year service
Old 26th February 2013, 23:16   #2970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Anyone got a free flow done on their Beat ? Im planning to get one done in a months time after my 2 year service
Check fellow bhpian Samarth.bhatia's beat thread, He got one and is very happy with it

Most Viewed