Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2013, 14:00   #3136
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

By the way, how is the Dynaedge performing ?
I wanted to fix Dynaedge, but Reliance Autozone didn't have stock of the size I required. So instead of waiting (call it impatience), I went for the regular blades. They seem to be doing a good job though.
It's been almost 7-8 months since I've been using dynaedge. Very effective in heavy rains and since it is thick it there's more visibility. I've been uncomfortable in very heavy rainfall with the stock wipers and these are much better and the wipe gives you enough visibility & confidence.

It doesn't rain that often in Delhi so even though it's a precious thing to have rendered useless otherwise. However on using the washer when the windscreen is dirty, after the wipe there are droplets trickling down recently. I am contemplating experimenting with Bosch as and when I look to replace these.

On the other hand Samarth has had a good experience overall. He hasn't had any issues.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:02   #3137
BHPian

Whats the service interval now after the 15k service?

During my 15k service I was told by the SA that it has been changed to 22.5k kms instead of the normal 20k kms mentioned in the user manual? Can anyone confirm?
Old 7th August 2013, 15:10   #3138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Whats the service interval now after the 15k service?

During my 15k service I was told by the SA that it has been changed to 22.5k kms instead of the normal 20k kms mentioned in the user manual? Can anyone confirm?
Replying to my own query. The Service interval is 15k then 22.5k. Got it confirmed from Kropex Bangalore.

@soumyajit: whens your next service due? Ill be reaching 22.5k in another 2.5 months.
Old 7th August 2013, 15:37   #3139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Replying to my own query. The Service interval is 15k then 22.5k. Got it confirmed from Kropex Bangalore.

@soumyajit: whens your next service due? Ill be reaching 22.5k in another 2.5 months.
Well, that is interesting and new news to me. Have a question though:
- 22.5k Only, or is it still 6 months, whichever is earlier ?
- Or have they increased the 6 months duration also ?

I completed my 20k service at 18k on ODO, during April. It used to be 5k/6months intervals during that time.

Ideally my 25k service is due in October (6months). I think I will have atleast 22k on the ODO by that time.
Old 7th August 2013, 15:43   #3140
BHPian

Quote:
Well, that is interesting and new news to me. Have a question though:
- 22.5k Only, or is it still 6 months, whichever is earlier ?
- Or have they increased the 6 months duration also ?

I completed my 20k service at 18k on ODO, during April. It used to be 5k/6months intervals during that time.

Ideally my 25k service is due in October (6months). I think I will have atleast 22k on the ODO by that time.
Its become 22.5k or 2 yrs. The next would probably be 30k or 2.5 years.

So I think you'll reach 2.5 years before 30k in your odo. (if you havent already crossed 2.5 yrs)

I am running at almost 20k on a 19 month old car.
superutp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 15:51   #3141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its become 22.5k or 2 yrs. The next would probably be 30k or 2.5 years.
So I think you'll reach 2.5 years before 30k in your odo. (if you havent already crossed 2.5 yrs)
I am running at almost 20k on a 19 month old car.
I am at 19k now on a 29 month old car
It scares me now, whether they would accept my car for the 25k service in Oct, or they would ask me to clock in 25k before the service !!

In any case, I will expect a call from Kropez to service the car. This is when I will get a confirmation. If they don't call, then I'll call and check with them in the week when my service is due.

By the way, this time I am going to first meet the Service Manager @ Kropex and then only give the car for service. I have made up a good rappo with him during my last service. Gave him a piece of mind and then he was like at my feet. Felt bad later, but that's how these filthy people should be treated. So I am first meeting him and then giving the car.
Old 8th August 2013, 16:21   #3142
BHPian

@Soumyajit9
@superutp
Please see the page nos 134-136 of attached car manual. The service schedule is either by kilometers or time in months, whichever comes first.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CarManual_Beat_Petrol_New_18Jun12[1].pdf (2.71 MB, 690 views)
Topolino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 16:44   #3143
Senior - BHPian

So my next Service schedule has changed drastically. I am not sure if the guy who was signing off this service interval was in a state of high.

Then: 25000 kms or 2.5 Yrs, whichever is earlier.
Now: 37500 kms or 2.5 Yrs, whichever is earlier.

I am nearing 20000 kms now. Forget about 37500kms.
Old 12th August 2013, 23:49   #3144
BHPian

Quote:
So my next Service schedule has changed drastically. I am not sure if the guy who was signing off this service interval was in a state of high.

Then: 25000 kms or 2.5 Yrs, whichever is earlier.
Now: 37500 kms or 2.5 Yrs, whichever is earlier.

I am nearing 20000 kms now. Forget about 37500kms.
That is absurd. You should ideally get your car serviced every 5k or 6 months. In your situation where the time comes first before the kms, I would check all oil levels, wheel allignment etc and leave it at that.

The owner manual has a list of things to inspect or replace. Unless there is anything that needs to replaced, the checking can be done by a FNG also.

I have covered almost 42,000 kms in 28 months and in my experience a lot of these services were not needed. I've paid for nonsense a lot of times. My approach towards it has changed and now I only go when needed.

Also I have given my car before 6 months and 2500-3000 kms post the due requirements for servicing. I have never been turned away.

My tip to all Chevrolet car owners : Do get your car inspected outside (don't reveal this to ASC) and go for things that need attention and not random things like engine decarb and the likes which are included to inflate your bill and serve no good purpose whatsoever.
AbhishekB86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 23:55   #3145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
That is absurd. You should ideally get your car serviced every 5k or 6 months. In your situation where the time comes first before the kms, I would check all oil levels, wheel allignment etc and leave it at that.
Exactly, what worries me is how the car would run longer with no change in the configuration. How does Chevy decide to increase the service schedule interval, is almost a mystery.
Quote:
The owner manual has a list of things to inspect or replace. Unless there is anything that needs to replaced, the checking can be done by a FNG also.
My tip to all Chevrolet car owners : Do get your car inspected outside (don't reveal this to ASC) and go for things that need attention and not random things like engine decarb and the likes which are included to inflate your bill and serve no good purpose whatsoever.
Thanks a ton mate for the advice. Thats' exactly what is on my mind for the next service. I have a Carnation outlet near my house. I have plans to get a Status Check there and then return back with the feedback. Then go to CASS and ask them for the specific work to be done.
Old 13th August 2013, 01:14   #3146
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly, what worries me is how the car would run longer with no change in the configuration. How does Chevy decide to increase the service schedule interval, is almost a mystery.
Look around and compare it to 2011. I could hardly spot another beat but now every 4th hatch in any parking lot is a Beat. There are less men to attend to these vehicles and this may be the reason why the SA you spoke to without even looking at your vehicle gave you a random number like that.

Again pure speculation on my part. Chevy might have their own reasons. But as I see it, if there's no problem don't look for a solution.
Old 13th August 2013, 16:48   #3147
BHPian

Hi

My Beat 1.2 Petrol is 23500 kms old today. Am planning to give it for a routine service at Trident Chevrolet, KalyanNagarm Bangalore. I have been getting it serviced at every 5000 kms regularly.

Is Kropex Bangalore a better option to get my car serviced? I am asking this as for my last 2 services done at 15000 and 20000 kms, I am sure my car was sent by Trident to the next door mechanic for servicing. Before that the 3 free services were done at the Chevrolet Service centre itself. But now I have to wait until late hours in the evening to get my car from the neighbouring garage.

This was also the cause of an inflated service bill. But that is another issue.

Also, is there any good service centre in Bangalore where I can get my car checked before giving it to service? At 23500 i have noticed a drop in FE and sluggish first gear. I want a second opinion before Trident starts listing a long list of parts to be changed.

Any recommendations for a 25000 Km service apart from the regular stuff. It's always been driven in the city and the brakes were changed at 20000 kms.

Vikram
Old 14th August 2013, 11:22   #3148
BHPian

I completed the 3 years, 30,000 kms service on 30th June 2013.
There were couple of issues with the car.

Firstly, there was a thud sound and poor drive comfort while travelling over potholes. This was addressed by changing the suspension struts. The car behaves better now, but this makes me suspicious over the quality of parts used by Chevy.

Secondly, there was noise when rotating the steering and while braking. Both of which were assured by the adviser would vanish after belt replacements and brake bleeding. Unfortunately, both remain as of now and i am planning to have another visit.

Third point is that they took 2 days to complete all these activities and still did not give 100% satisfaction.

I am planning to take the extended warranty option looking at the servicing on the vehicle.

Below is the summary of the bill ( 7087.00)

Paid Service -- 975.00
Drum,Bracket -- 175
Fuel Filter -- 105
Spark Plug(s) -- 215
Wheel Alignment -- 350
Wheel Balancing -- 140
V Belt Replacement -- 145
Wiper Blade - 75
AC belt replacement -- 115
Brake Bleeding - 180
Setup HR -- Warranty
Strut Assembly - Warranty
Mount Front Susp. Strut - Warranty - (582.22)
Strut Susp LH - Warranty - (1182.00)
Strut Susp RH - Warranty - (1182.00)
weight Balance - 90.66
Weight Balance - 131.56
Consumables -- 88.89
Brake Fluid -- 315.33
Belt-W/PMP & Gen -- 188.44
A/C Belt -- 155.56
AIR Filter -- 434.67
Fuel Filter -- 258.67
Spark Plug -- 309.32
Wiper Blade -- 206.32
Oil Filter -- 118.22
Engine Oil -- 1286.66
Mr.Beat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 11:31   #3149
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mr. Beat for the info !!! Very much useful indeed.

I was discussing with one of our BHPians KiloAlpha, about the thud noise and poor performance over potholes and also that the ground clearance has reduced in my car. He suggested that these could be a faulty Dampers and replacing them should do good.
Since you said that the Struts were replaced to fix the problem of suspension in your car, I am wondering what should be my course of action ? Replace the Struts or Dampers, or Both ? How do they individually improvise the ride quality over potholes ? Any idea ?
Old 14th August 2013, 11:44   #3150
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mr. Beat for the info !!! Very much useful indeed.

I was discussing with one of our BHPians KiloAlpha, about the thud noise and poor performance over potholes and also that the ground clearance has reduced in my car. He suggested that these could be a faulty Dampers and replacing them should do good.
Since you said that the Struts were replaced to fix the problem of suspension in your car, I am wondering what should be my course of action ? Replace the Struts or Dampers, or Both ? How do they individually improvise the ride quality over potholes ? Any idea ?
The issue is present in my car too. The ground clearance has reduced considerably and the car bottoms out on areas it did not earlier. I am not sure about how to address this. I have my struts replace and the issue remains, so it could be due to the dampers. I will ask the SA to address this coming Friday and will post the result. AFAIK, the struts and dampers both work hand in hand to improve ride comfort.

Most Viewed