Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2014, 19:46   #3331
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quick question for beat owners that came with a factory headunit. Have any of you changed it? I know its a double din space, but not sure where to get the fascia for an aftermarket cd player. I would figure that they would just take a part accessory for the lower end beats since those are provisioned for aftermarket cd players.
Old 15th February 2014, 19:47   #3332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
Did you have to tell them anything (as in what to do) or did they know what was wrong? Trying to figure out if I should tell them to check the sensor alignment or just complain that the light is flickering... again.
I could see they were pretty clueless about the whole thing. Even they suggested replacing fuse, overhauling security system (I had one from autocop installed), etc. It was quite evident that an erratic door ajar sensor was the cause for the whole thing, for the flicker used to go away if drive was sedate, and come back if the car was driven on a rough patch. Had tested out on the rear and front doors by asking other guys to grab the door securely Hence, asked the service guy to work in that direction.

Not sure what they did, for it was all done out of sight. Perhaps replaced the sensor, inserted some padding, etc. But the thing is gone for now, and the alarm system too works fine if the hatch is disturbed somehow.
akshay87kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 19:51   #3333
BHPian

thanks for the response, shall tell them the same.
Old 15th February 2014, 19:58   #3334
BHPian

Quote:
Don't know why you're getting values so low. Perhaps you have a color that is odd or not in demand (green for example). I've been offered upwards of 3 lakhs for mine (2010 lto) but I love my little beat so I turned it down. A quick used car search on cardekho showed beats in mumbai going for more than 3 lakhs as well. Maybe you're asking in the wrong places?
Its a Black LT bro! Ads are floating around on the sites since a months or so but god knows if those have been sold or not. Mine is not even 18K kms run. Dealers offer cash deal of 2 max to max. In the quick search you must found mine too.
Old 15th February 2014, 22:00   #3335
BHPian

Quote:
One issue that has been bugging me though for the past one year is the door open indicator. I have given it for servicing numerous times with no relief. Chevy service has changed the fuse (don't know why), and the door sensors but still the problem remains.
The problem is either due to the Door Azar Indicator malfunction or due to any of the Door Azar Switch Malfunction (There are 5 switches, 4 for each door and 1 for hatch). Ask the Service Manager to perform System/Circuit Testing to diagnose where the problem actually is.
Old 15th February 2014, 22:19   #3336
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question for beat owners that came with a factory headunit. Have any of you changed it? I know its a double din space, but not sure where to get the fascia for an aftermarket cd player. I would figure that they would just take a part accessory for the lower end beats since those are provisioned for aftermarket cd players.
HU is double din.
The center fascia is available online:
http://www.carlounz.com/index.php/cr...olet-beat.html
The same can also be purchased from GM, which comes as a spare part for PS & LS variants.
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 23:08   #3337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Its a Black LT bro! Ads are floating around on the sites since a months or so but god knows if those have been sold or not. Mine is not even 18K kms run. Dealers offer cash deal of 2 max to max. In the quick search you must found mine too.
dealers are always going to offer lower prices cause they have to in turn sell it( i'm sure you knew that). I've always had good luck in selling to friends (also some headaches as well). If you're willing to wait, why not wait til chevy offers a buyback bonus? I remember a few months ago, chevy was offering a one lakh bonus for old beat owners buying a new car. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
HU is double din.
The center fascia is available online:
http://www.carlounz.com/index.php/cr...olet-beat.html
The same can also be purchased from GM, which comes as a spare part for PS & LS variants.
thanks for giving me the link, I've been searching for some time and all I could find were the ones from the UK.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 17th February 2014 at 22:16. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option within 30mins.
Old 16th February 2014, 07:25   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for giving me the link, I've been searching for some time and all I could find were the ones from the UK.
Go through this thread if you are interested in how the HU will look like.
I had posted some pics of the HU in removed condition:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...console-3.html
Old 17th February 2014, 17:56   #3339

I havr beat diesel LS. After filling her up to the brim, I drove 810 km. Still 4 lines are showing in the fuel gauge. I think thats a good mileage.
Old 17th February 2014, 21:28   #3340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royi386 View Post
I havr beat diesel LS. After filling her up to the brim, I drove 810 km. Still 4 lines are showing in the fuel gauge. I think thats a good mileage.
Beat is the most fuel efficient diesel hatch in the country and off course you are getting good mileage. To determine actual FE fill the tank again upto the brim and divide total kilometers run by fuel consumed i.e. fuel filled in the tank.
Old 18th February 2014, 14:31   #3341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this highway driving or city? Can you share your driving style, at what speed you drive, AC on or off?

Mine usually shows last 4 lines at 600-650kms, and the effective mileage comes around 18-19, but it is mostly city though.

One question: When I put the fan ON, and the AC off, then when I twist the temperature knob to go from chill to heat, the air blowing from fans feel warmer. I thought as the AC was switched off, the cold/hot setting shouldn't affect the fan air temperature. Is there any problem in the AC where it is slightly providing power, and thus the air turns mildly hot and cold even though AC is off? Or is it normal case?
Old 18th February 2014, 16:15   #3342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
When I put the fan ON, and the AC off, then when I twist the temperature knob to go from chill to heat, the air blowing from fans feel warmer. I thought as the AC was switched off, the cold/hot setting shouldn't affect the fan air temperature. Is there any problem in the AC where it is slightly providing power, and thus the air turns mildly hot and cold even though AC is off? Or is it normal case?
Your AC is fine. Actually heating system and air conditioning system are 2 different systems.
The Heating System comprises of a heater core through which hot engine coolant is circulated. A fan is positioned in front of this heater core to blow air over the fins. As this air travels over the heater core, it heats up and becomes hot air which blows out of the heater vents. That is why you feel warm air blowing out of the vents when you turn the knob to heating position, even when the AC is off.
Topolino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 22:19   #3343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Beat is the most fuel efficient diesel hatch in the country and off course you are getting good mileage. To determine actual FE fill the tank again upto the brim and divide total kilometers run by fuel consumed i.e. fuel filled in the tank.
Thanks for the Info. Today I Filled her again to the brim. Kilometer run was 838.3 KM and the amount of fuel required to fill her up was 36.9 Ltrs. That means I am getting a good mileage of 22.71 KMPL. I am glad to have Beat Diesel as my CAR.

I have another doubt. The capacity of the Fuel tank of Beat Diesel is 35 Liters. Then, how can I fill 36.9 liter?? Some months back I filled her 39 Liters. What is the reason for that?
royi386 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 08:33   #3344
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the Info. Today I Filled her again to the brim. Kilometer run was 838.3 KM and the amount of fuel required to fill her up was 36.9 Ltrs. That means I am getting a good mileage of 22.71 KMPL. I am glad to have Beat Diesel as my CAR.

I have another doubt. The capacity of the Fuel tank of Beat Diesel is 35 Liters. Then, how can I fill 36.9 liter?? Some months back I filled her 39 Liters. What is the reason for that?
It is better to fill only up to the auto cutoff while filling. Now almost every fuel outlets are having this feature. While filling up to the brim, there are also chances of spillage, overflow and also chance of leakage from the tank swan neck joints.
Old 21st February 2014, 11:43   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting a good mileage of 22.71 KMPL. I am glad to have Beat Diesel as my CAR.
If you got 22.71 kmpl for city driving, then FE is certainly good.
Quote:
Fuel tank capacity is 35 litres. If you fill till auto-cut-off 35 litres is filled in the tank, but if you fill up to the brim 5 litres extra i.e up to 40 litres can be filled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
It is better to fill only up to the auto cutoff while filling. Now almost every fuel outlets are having this feature. While filling up to the brim, there are also chances of spillage, overflow and also chance of leakage from the tank swan neck joints.
Salbin has rightly pointed out that it is better to fill up to the auto-cut. I advised you to fill up to the brim because your last fill was up to the brim, and to know exact FE it was necessary to fill up to the brim again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks