Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 14:15   #331
BHPian

65-70% loss of value on a new Beat? You mean you'll get ~1.2L for the Beat two years down the line?

Sorry, I don't believe that at all! (If so, I'd buy a 2008 Spark right now!)

Plus, I think the image of GM will improve after the Beat. Things should look up from here.
Old 25th January 2010, 14:18   #332
BHPian

no one can beat maruti in terms of resale value not because they make the best cars but because of the desi psyche that maruti is the VFM car. I'm not denying the spares and service cost and the service network is huge plus for the resale value but then Maruti has been in country for a few decades and that is expected.
I think beat is going to be a successful car not sure about the resale though. Beat is way ahead of Maruti in all aspects except the KB engine but the 1.2STEC2 in Beat is not bad at all. I have put my money on Beat after a lot of research but the final call has to be your own. Choice of a car should go with you personality and budget and not with the choice of masses coz at the end of the day its ur baby.
Resale is important if your ownership is short term and you intend to sell it in a year or 2 but if you are thinking of 5+ years then it does not matter much.
Old 25th January 2010, 15:44   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
no one can beat maruti in terms of resale value not because they make the best cars but because of the desi psyche that maruti is the VFM car. I'm not denying the spares and service cost and the service network is huge plus for the resale value but then Maruti has been in country for a few decades and that is expected.
I think beat is going to be a successful car not sure about the resale though. Beat is way ahead of Maruti in all aspects except the KB engine but the 1.2STEC2 in Beat is not bad at all. I have put my money on Beat after a lot of research but the final call has to be your own. Choice of a car should go with you personality and budget and not with the choice of masses coz at the end of the day its ur baby.
Resale is important if your ownership is short term and you intend to sell it in a year or 2 but if you are thinking of 5+ years then it does not matter much.
Absolutely agreee with you. Also since for Companies like Chevy who has had history with brands like Opel in India, newer brands keep getting bracketed in same categoy. More so the smaller cars seemingly get lesser value loss due to demand for smaller cars in market.

Maruti had started True value to support the minimum sales price of its vehicle, which is pretty smart move and inturn the lower value loss to the customers. Now that GM too has entered its own True value style chain (i am not sure how many outlets though) this % value loss should decrease over the years. I reckon, buying for the products makes better sense than buying for sale 3 year down the line.
Old 25th January 2010, 23:57   #334
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys, as in my review I too feel that Beat will change the fortune of GM in India. A VFM product wrt competition but time will tell.

My main concern also is not the priority as we will keep the car for 5+ years, all the other cars are being upgraded to bigger ones and we need to maintain one small car to do the city runs. My mother saw Nano and now she says, Nano is better only seeing the size She loves driving and thus this will be her recreational vehicle. Thanks again!

There are no discounts and the quotation that I have got is,

Name:  Beat LT.png
Views: 4785
Size:  17.3 KB

Also the time for White is 1 month.
Old 26th January 2010, 07:59   #335
BHPian

@-sniper
how does it all adds to 441875. i think 4.34 is exShow for LTO and not LT and there is no 5500 charge for white color so not sure what kind of quote is this. I hope you are not getting confused coz adding all the components do not add to 4.41 and LT has an exshoe of 3.95 i guess.
Old 26th January 2010, 11:10   #336
Senior - BHPian

As very rightly pointed out by vprodigy, there is no extra charge for the white. Which dealer is this?
Old 26th January 2010, 12:42   #337
BHPian

And what are those "Logistics Charges" worth 5.7k?
Old 26th January 2010, 13:19   #338
Senior - BHPian

^^
You are both right.
I had replied to the dealer. The girl dealing with me has been throughly confused. The color we are going for is white and she sent this only for our knowledge. This is WIP sheet

Also I am trying to understand the concept of lease as there is no discounts from banks/and cash down discounts.

Do you guys think that lease for a small car makes sense. The car will be company owned.

Happy Republic Day!
Old 26th January 2010, 14:35   #339
BHPian

@-sniper
what dealer did you get this from?
I'm not aware of the concept of lease in Indian market can you put some light on what kind of lease are you talking about??
@-quad
Cost for transportation of you car from plant to the dealer. I don't know why they charge 1500 for Temp Reg where as in other cities its free.
Old 26th January 2010, 15:41   #340
Senior - BHPian

^^
Thats why I marked it Red and sent it back for verification. The dealer is Genntech Tooling (Aravali Autos) in Gurgaon. They say we are being transparent. Did not get time to check with Maruti or Hyundai.

In Delhi I feel that no car is to be handed with Temp as the Reg is few hours job with RTO and dealers pre-book the numbers and just transfer the ownership. I feel that the logistics too have never been charged from us on our previous cars.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:19   #341
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
This is actually the theft deterrent LED which keeps blinking after locking the doors.
Thanks for pointing that out, are you absolutely sure? If so, I'll amend the photo caption in my review. Please confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r;1698038I
did not feel the need for ABS, the bite is very affirmative. I also did not like the standard alloys, the car is nice to have better ones. I will go in with LT.
Feel the NEED? Believe me, we hopefully feel the need for an ABS system only once in a blue moon. And that's exactly when an ABS system is the difference between life and death.

ABS is an acknowledged safety device and ANY informed BHPian must only buy an ABS-equipped variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Also, I read the following article in Mint: Attachment 273117
Interesting article. I'd say the Optra, Aveo and UVA would lose substantial value in the first 2 - 3 years. All were market flops (Optra over the last 2 - 3 years). However, I don't see that happening for the Spark or the Beat, both of which have received favourable market response (early days for the Beat, but the VFM price will ensure it).
Old 27th January 2010, 13:22   #342

Feel the NEED? Believe me, we hopefully feel the need for an ABS system only once in a blue moon. And that's exactly when an ABS system is the difference between life and death.

ABS is an acknowledged safety device and ANY informed BHPian must only buy an ABS-equipped variant.

-----

First of all - excellent write up on the car GTO.

I have been having this dilemma over LT or LT(O). The tires must be changed as well. The issue with Option is that what if the Alloys Chevy provide dont fit in the changed new tires 175/65 or 185/60? Then its a waste, coz you have to but new Alloys as well along with the tires and the cost goes up.
Old 27th January 2010, 14:15   #343
Senior - BHPian

@GTO: I did ask for ABS as separate installment without company's so called Option pack. The alloys were not that great for the price they are charging.

I hear from the dealer that no maintenance warranty pack is offered with the Beat? Can anyone confirm the same. Thanks!

The new calculations I received for white color.
Name:  Beat LT_v1.png
Views: 10008
Size:  15.4 KB
Old 27th January 2010, 14:45   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
@GTO: I did ask for ABS as separate installment without company's so called Option pack. The alloys were not that great for the price they are charging.

I hear from the dealer that no maintenance warranty pack is offered with the Beat? Can anyone confirm the same. Thanks!

Attachment 274933
Same here the dealer told me no warranty of 3 yrs or anything like that.

ABS- So its the white LT for u , I am in for the blue. What are the extra charges for ABS?
Old 27th January 2010, 14:52   #345
Senior - BHPian

My friend is looking for a hatch back around 4L, planning to take test drive on Saturday.

I suggested him to go for Ritz/Beat based on the test drive, but he is interested more on BEAT

Most Viewed