Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 15:39   #3631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Hi RM

As mentioned in the other thread, I paid them a visit and after the initial checking the SA directly says first we will have to do a Nitrogen test to check it and that will cost 2500 bucks. Alarm bells started ringing.
At first I hadnt mentioned my Extended Warranty so i brought it up then saying that all these parts were covered by EW so it should be free, its upto them if they want to test with Nitrogen and find the leak or just replace all the parts.
Thanks of the update. I got a call from Nikhil couple of days back that they have reopened the workshop in Kurla. However I have found a very good FNG. And since my car is out of warranty, I don't think I'll visit Nikhil anymore.
Old 19th March 2016, 18:11   #3632
Senior - BHPian

Its 5W-30 which is the recommended grade for the petrol Beat. RM did you notice any changes with the Castrol vs Total Oil ?
Old 24th March 2016, 18:45   #3633
BHPian

Hi,

I changed my engine oil to Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 yesterday. Got a sweet deal with the oil filter free at Rs 3900. The engine note is more a muted growl now and much smoother. More visual updates in the pipeline, before I move to Kolkata. stay tuned..
Old 30th March 2016, 14:06   #3634
BHPian

This thread has literally fallen silent!! My car's mileage has reduced after Battery change, Spark plug change and shift to Fully Synthetic engine oil with a new oil filter. Of course the pathetic Bangalore traffic is partially to blame over here, but anyone faced similar issues?
Old 30th March 2016, 15:28   #3635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
This thread has literally fallen silent!!
I have some experience in this issue to share. It was on November 2011, my Beaties 3rd Service.

Follow these links to read more.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2584497

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2594830

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2598405

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 16:08   #3636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I have some experience in this issue to share. It was on November 2011, my Beaties 3rd Service.

Cheers!

Vinu
Hi Vinu, I had read each one of your threads before taking the plunge to fully synthetic I am satisfied with the lesser and smoother engine noise. My only concern has been the mileage (but I have had to ride the clutch in this pathetic traffic daily). One more thing, during last service, I had done a cross rotation of wheels due to uneven wear on the fronts(more wear). After that I did not do a WB/WA. I was told by the BAy6 mechanic during change of oil that the car is pulling over to the left. Could that be a cause?
Old 30th March 2016, 16:18   #3637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After that I did not do a WB/WA. I was told by the BAy6 mechanic during change of oil that the car is pulling over to the left. Could that be a cause?
You have to do a WB/WA asap. That will solve your pulling issue.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 16:20   #3638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
You have to do a WB/WA asap. That will solve your pulling issue.

Cheers!
Thanks, but I meant - Can the misaligned wheels be a cause of the lesser mileage?
Old 30th March 2016, 16:39   #3639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can the misaligned wheels be a cause of the lesser mileage?
Yes it can, but very little. What was your actual mileage and what you are getting now? How good is your clutch? Are you feeling juddering when shifting from Neutral to First gear or slow moving in heavy traffic?

In my experience (last 6 years and 47500 KMs) Total - Quartz 7000 GMO 5W30 is the best oil for Beat Petrol. I change engine oil every year irrespective of mileage.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 30th March 2016, 18:32   #3640
Senior - BHPian

Hi Andy it seems you have mistakenly used 5W 40 oil instead of 30. That could be a reason for the drop in mileage due to higher viscosity
Old 6th April 2016, 10:30   #3641
BHPian

Guys need some advice. My car is having problem starting. Here is the issue:

Few days back, while idling the car with AC on, I felt a slight engine jerk (like a diesel engine idling) and the car stopped. I restarted the car and after a few minutes it again stopped. I restarted it again and the issue was gone.
Then suddenly last evening, while trying to start the car, the engine didn't crank. I mean it took like less than a half of usual crank and the clock time in the display returned to default 12:00 AM. it took a little push, a few feet push to start the car as the engine was still hot, and once push started, there is no issue with running the car. But everytime I am trying to start, the display clock is resetting, so I think it is a battery issue. I got it checked with a roadside mechanic. He said the battery charge looks OK, but it is possibly a battery issue. he wired a battery taken out from a swift standing in his garage, and the car started in usual way, no issues.
I have amaron flo (AAM FL 545171036) battery installed in the car, installed in late 2012 (battery sticker shows 01/12 as date). Before yesterday, I have not witnessed any issue with cranking, no gradual signs of battery drain.

Please guide if this indeed points towards a faulty battery or there can be some other issues? My car has run 65000 and had a service at some 63000KM. Car is LT variant, 2011 model.
Old 6th April 2016, 10:46   #3642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Guys need some advice. My car is having problem starting. Here is the issue:

Few days back, while idling the car with AC on, I felt a slight engine jerk (like a diesel engine idling) and the car stopped. I restarted the car and after a few minutes it again stopped. I restarted it again and the issue was gone.
Then suddenly last evening, while trying to start the car, the engine didn't crank. I mean it took like less than a half of usual crank and the clock time in the display returned to default 12:00 AM. it took a little push, a few feet push to start the car as the engine was still hot, and once push started, there is no issue with running the car. But everytime I am trying to start, the display clock is resetting, so I think it is a battery issue. I got it checked with a roadside mechanic. He said the battery charge looks OK, but it is possibly a battery issue. he wired a battery taken out from a swift standing in his garage, and the car started in usual way, no issues.
I have amaron flo (AAM FL 545171036) battery installed in the car, installed in late 2012 (battery sticker shows 01/12 as date). Before yesterday, I have not witnessed any issue with cranking, no gradual signs of battery drain.

Please guide if this indeed points towards a faulty battery or there can be some other issues? My car has run 65000 and had a service at some 63000KM. Car is LT variant, 2011 model.
Clock / MID resetting points to a case of faulty battery.

The fault could lie within the Alternator also, which keeps the battery charged during driving.
A faulty alternator could not be charging or intermittently charging the battery which is why it may be getting drained completely or may be left with less charge.

First, check the alternator at any garage. They can point to a faulty alternator.
Second, check the battery at an Amaron dealership. If still under warranty, you can get a replacement.

This is the 2 step troubleshooting done on my car which had an almost similar case.

Good luck.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 13:06   #3643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Its 5W-30 which is the recommended grade for the petrol Beat. RM did you notice any changes with the Castrol vs Total Oil ?
Mortis

I could hardly feel any difference with oil change. Most of my drives are at night after 9.30, so there is less traffic and start-stop conditions. I like to drive at high revs, so I think a good engine oil is necessary.
Old 20th April 2016, 12:09   #3644
BHPian

Hi all,

My 'heart' beat has reached the milestone of 40K and I am very happy with the performance of her till now. I am writing sitting at office after dropping her for 40K service. Service adviser at Kropex, has advised the following work.
  • Engine Oil replace
  • Oil filter replace
  • Air filter replace
  • Fuel filter replace
  • A/C filter replace
  • Brake cleaning/overhauling

My questions are,
  • I have been hearing screeching noise from brakes for a week now, So will fixing that need a break overhauling?
  • I had replaced fuel filter at 30K service. Does it has to be replaced again now?
  • Even the A/C filter was changed at 30K. A/C is working very well and have not observed any drop in cooling. Does it has to be replaced again now?
  • Is there any site/link for the official prices of Chevrolet parts. In the job card I am seeing difference in the cost of the parts price, compared to what I have in bill from 30K service. For ex: Fuel filer was billed at 1195.63/- before tax at 30K service. Now the same item is estimated at 1400/-. I am confused about it.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sathya.bhat : 20th April 2016 at 12:29.
Old 26th April 2016, 22:37   #3645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya.bhat View Post
Hi all,

My 'heart' beat has reached the milestone of 40K and I am very happy with the performance of her till now. I am writing sitting at office after dropping her for 40K service. Service adviser at Kropex, has advised the following work.
  • Engine Oil replace
  • Oil filter replace
  • Air filter replace
  • Fuel filter replace
  • A/C filter replace
  • Brake cleaning/overhauling

My questions are,
  • I have been hearing screeching noise from brakes for a week now, So will fixing that need a break overhauling?
  • I had replaced fuel filter at 30K service. Does it has to be replaced again now?
  • Even the A/C filter was changed at 30K. A/C is working very well and have not observed any drop in cooling. Does it has to be replaced again now?
  • Is there any site/link for the official prices of Chevrolet parts. In the job card I am seeing difference in the cost of the parts price, compared to what I have in bill from 30K service. For ex: Fuel filer was billed at 1195.63/- before tax at 30K service. Now the same item is estimated at 1400/-. I am confused about it.
Thanks in advance.
Go by the manual for replacing various parts. Ask your guy to check the brake pads; that might need a replacement.

Don't put words into supervisor's mouth like overhaul etc.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks