Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 01:37   #3766
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post

I thought of only replacing the hoses that runs the coolant system and keep topping the coolant as usual. Is this fine? What is your take on this?
The problem is that if you try to replace the hoses the metal part (case of water pump) will snap. That's why service centers are replacing all the affected parts. In reality changing the water pump case (main hose and 2 other originates from here) along with hoses will solve the issue. You need to find an expert mechanic. Child parts are easily available. Drain the coolant into a 2L cola bottle which can save you 1.7 L coolant cost post repair.

Cheers!
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 02:00   #3767
Senior - BHPian

I also have changed my water pump over a year ago. The cost was definitely under 10k for parts, labour and coolant. I think you should go for it from an FNG if you know a good one.
I have also changed the coolant water jacket elbow a couple of years ago as it had completely rusted through and was leaking coolant. Get that inspected as well and replace if necessary. It's location is at the back of the engine towards the top and on the driver's side.
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:23   #3768
Senior - BHPian

I received a message from Chevrolet today about a product recall. I don't know for which model it is, but I owned a Beat, hence posting it here. Hope this helps existing owners.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-c1.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2020, 23:06   #3769

Hi folks,

I am planning to buy a used hatchback to avoid both bike and cabs during the corona winters. Budget is not a big issue but given that I didn't have time to plan/think I am looking for something in the range of 1-2L or slightly higher. Compared to its peers Beat seems to have better specs (age/mileage) for the same price range. For example it seems possible to find a decent 2015 petrol <30k km mileage for 1.5-1.6L. The only concern seems to be the availability of parts/service. I know you guys must be fed up with this question by now so I'll be very specific.

I am based in Gurgaon and will be using the vehicle solely in Gurgaon and occasionally Delhi. So my questions are:

1. Are ORIGINAL/GENUINE parts available in Gurgaon/Delhi NCR?
2. Are authorised Chevrolet service centers operational in Gurgaon? If yes are they good?
3. If not does anyone know any trustworthy local mechanic based in Gurgaon who I can trust blindly? I'll be very busy next few months so if I run into car troubles immediately after buying I won't have much time to research stuff out myself so if there are any reliable honest mechanics I could trust that'd make it much easier for me to go for Beat.
3.5 Does anyone know any good competent mechanics in Gurgaon who I can take with me to inspect the vehicles I shortlist? I'll be happy to pay whatever their charges.

Thank*you for your patience if you've read so far!
manu0504 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 19:46   #3770
BHPian

Chevrolet India has recently announced part re-call for Beat cars manufactured from 2010 to 2013 (not sure) via customer email and through its service partners. I received an email late September, but some how my email went to spam and got deleted. However, one can track theirs using the Chevrolet website.

https://www.chevrolet.co.in/owners-area/recall.html

Attaching screenshot of mine.

(The display says "VIN:MA6BF482MAT038082 LAST UPDATE: Nov 19, 2020 There are no recalls currently associated with your vehicle"

The notes contain this,
1 If you have been separately advised that your vehicle has been involved in a recently announced recall, and you have been shown a green icon, we recommend you contact your dealer directly. In the event of recall, Chevrolet will work to quickly

identify all affected vehicles and notify our customers directly. In addition, affected vehicle VIN’s will be loaded onto this site, however this process can take several days and in rare cases it may take longer. )

Yesterday, I have asked my service advisor to check and revert, no news from him yet. Did any one of you got such emails or calls?

Attaching the screen shot.
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-jazz.jpg

Last edited by jeganatu : 19th November 2020 at 19:59.
Old 7th March 2021, 18:32   #3771
Senior - BHPian

Another 10000 Kms munched (ODO @ 90676) and our Beaty went for her service last Sunday.

Nothing major was there to complain. All major works was done in 2020 which busted almost 30K details here (Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review)

Engine Oil - Filter replaced, Front Brake pads replaced, All Brakes and throttle body cleaned. All suspension elements were lubricated and car was thoroughly washed and cleaned inside out. Happy to note that the front brake pads lasted 28K and there was some 2K worth grip remaining.

The mechanic working informed me that both the rear brake piston/cylinders were jammed. I was not convinced. He even used a screwdriver to demonstrate the jammed pistons. Even if I need to change the piston/cylinders I will only get it done by the same technicians outside the workshop and at half the cost. After fixing the tires I rotated them by hand and asked them to apply the brake and it worked instantly.

The final Bill after discount (10% on parts & 30% on labour) = Rs. 6450 /-

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat-lt-service_1.jpg

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 7th March 2021 at 18:37.
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 17:07   #3772

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Myavu.
Thanks for your response.
As I did not want to take a chance with my driver and daughter stranded in traffic I got the fuel pump motor replaced. The driver and FNM took a trial for 5 kms in peak traffic and there was no issue specially regarding the whistle sound.
Cost was rs 1700 for the motor, rs 400 for the mechanic and rs 200 for cab fare.
Once again thanks. Regards
PS: I did not opt for extended warranty
-------------------------------------------
Interestingly my mechanic replaced the entire fuel pump assembly saying that the motor alone could not be replaced...(mine is a petrol Beat)
Old 6th April 2021, 00:06   #3773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu_agni View Post
-------------------------------------------
Interestingly my mechanic replaced the entire fuel pump assembly saying that the motor alone could not be replaced...(mine is a petrol Beat)
I had done the same thing. Apparently the motor alone isn't available in the open market. I checked several shops before buying it.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 12:22   #3774
BHPian

Hello,

My 2012 Beat's wiper blades surrendered. Need to get a new set. Thinking of buying Bosch ones but its unavailable on Flipkart and amazon.

My queries to the BHPians

1. What is the actual size of the wiper blades in beat? There appear to be quite a few sizes on the internet

2. What are other reliable websites apart from amazon and Flipkart from where I can order

3. Any other reliable product/brand apart from Bosch which is available on Flipkart/amazon?

Any help would be great. Thank you
Old 6th August 2021, 00:49   #3775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Hello,

My 2012 Beat's wiper blades surrendered. Need to get a new set. Thinking of buying Bosch ones but its unavailable on Flipkart and amazon.

My queries to the BHPians

1. What is the actual size of the wiper blades in beat? There appear to be quite a few sizes on the internet

2. What are other reliable websites apart from amazon and Flipkart from where I can order

3. Any other reliable product/brand apart from Bosch which is available on Flipkart/amazon?

Any help would be great. Thank you
If I'm not mistaken the sizer are 24' and 16'. This is an inch larger than stock ones but they work perfectly and are more commonly available sizes. If you can't get Bosch (even I had issues getting Bosch last year. Supply issues ?) then try and get Hella. I've used these before. They are good but not as good as Bosch. If nothing else then get generic frameless wipers. As an ABSOLUTELY last resort get Syndicate wipers. They have been OEM suppliers to various brands for decades but they are just shy of being garbage.

EDIT : Found you a link
https://www.amazon.in/Bosch-33970100.../dp/B00P21LI9O

Last edited by Mortis : 6th August 2021 at 00:51.
Old 16th September 2021, 23:47   #3776
BHPian

Guys, my beat petrol 2011 model has clocked 180,000 kms on the odo. I have changed suspension at 130,000 , clutch at 150000 and water pump and coolant system at 170000. 5Some where after 120,000 to 135,000 kms, My beat pick up has started to reduce. I had K&N filter installed during 90k odo and removed it at160k odo and changed back to original air filters.

Now to reach 110 to 120 km speed it is taking so long time. What could be the reasons. What should I need to check to bring the pick up back to normal. Also the fuel pump hizzing sound has increased a lot. Earlier I used easily achieve 120 to 135 speeds many a times during the 100000 kms . Now it's almost not possible to do. Please help.

Last edited by jeganatu : 16th September 2021 at 23:53.
Old 17th September 2021, 01:44   #3777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Guys, my beat petrol 2011 model has clocked 180,000 kms on the odo. I have changed suspension at 130,000 , clutch at 150000 and water pump and coolant system at 170000. 5Some where after 120,000 to 135,000 kms, My beat pick up has started to reduce. I had K&N filter installed during 90k odo and removed it at160k odo and changed back to original air filters.

Now to reach 110 to 120 km speed it is taking so long time. What could be the reasons. What should I need to check to bring the pick up back to normal. Also the fuel pump hizzing sound has increased a lot. Earlier I used easily achieve 120 to 135 speeds many a times during the 100000 kms . Now it's almost not possible to do. Please help.
Hi I would start with a good fuel system flush, adding a bit more than required if it's not been done before and see if it makes a difference due to cleaner injectors. Change the fuel pump too as it might not be producing enough fuel pressure anymore. Check and replace the spark plugs if necessary.
Old 3rd October 2021, 19:39   #3778
BHPian

The EV version of the Beat(sold as Spark) which was available in the US since 2014 I guess?

Although the range seemed really less(~100km), if made available in the Indian market, it would've been a great starter EV for a lot of city folks.
Old 4th October 2021, 01:49   #3779
Senior - BHPian

The Torque output of the Spark EV is pretty good too making it a FTD car
Old 8th March 2022, 12:33   #3780
Senior - BHPian

Another year passed by and little Beaty munched 8000+ kms more (ODO @ 98084) and fast approaching 1,00,000 KMs by her 12th Birthday (May 16th).

Time for another annual service. Metro Chevrolet Vasant Kunj had shifted to 2nd Floor of Rama Hyundai OKHLA last June and merged with Rama Hyundai.

When I visited last July for a horn change there was almost all old service advisors and mechanics. But now only 4 remains, and that too in Hyundai role and uniform. 80% of mechanics had moved to TATA service center, Gurgaon.

The car is taken to the 2nd floor with a lift. A portion of the 2nd floor is converted to Chevrolet workshop with 2 lifts and the remaining is Hyundai body-shop.

I reached there by 9:30 am and I was the only customer till my car was taken for wash service which resulted in a 5 star service. I might say it as one of the best in last 12 years.

They provided a wooden chair and tea for me to sit and monitor the WIP.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20220305_101045.jpg

Engine oil changed, throttle body cleaned, brakes cleaned and greased, Engine/ECM diagnostics done, etc.

Last service I had skipped the rear brake cylinder jam issue. I am planning for some long trips in the coming month and hence changed them this time.

The factory OEM cylinders are made of steel and the new replacing parts are of aluminum which are light weighted. Brake bleeding done and oil topped up.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20220305_104951.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20220305_105025.jpg

Another issue was with front left lower arm bush. There was considerable wear and I could have repaired the bush at 1/3rd cost. But due to limited time available I agreed to change it too.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20220305_104849.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20220305_103741.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20220305_104912.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20220305_105453.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20220305_120216.jpg

The Car was thoroughly washed, wiped, external black bits polished and delivered by 3:00 pm.

Damage to pocket : Rs. 14,405/-

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20220307_103102.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20220307_103119.jpg

Last edited by myavu : 8th March 2022 at 12:39.
myavu is online now   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks