Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 18:55   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
if I go in to buy the Captiva it was totally different than if I entered to buy Beat/Spark. I think its not GM only issue, go to Maruti and ask about GVitara and these people will make a beeline explaining the features and their head will himself come out to greet and then you may shift the focus on smaller cars. However, ask about Astar and he will quickly vanish. !
Dealer Margins are higher and Targets are tough to meet with large slow selling vehicles.
Old 8th February 2010, 23:07   #392
Senior - BHPian

^^ agree but the difference between a customer to plonk high hard earned cash upfront for a non tested car and the customer to hold back and wait for the trust to develop is that small. Make the customer feel valued and he knows even if the car he is buying might not be the car of the year but still he will always be catered to as king and not as a nth rated aam aadmi Cheers!
Old 8th February 2010, 23:20   #393
BHPian

Was out for a test drive of Beat today with my friend.

The car looks and feel 'BIG' compared to i10 or A-star.The engine too is very refined (before you hit the redline) after that there's a light 'trrrr-rr' kind of noise from the car.Don't know if it were plastics or anything...

But what bugged me the most is the driving position..Though there's lot more room compared to other cars but visibility in front is a bit of bother in B-2-B traffic.I really missed the height-adjuster...Even my friend who's 6'2'' found it difficult.

The good news is that he ended up booking the LS variant of the car.The car's costing him about 3.8Lacs,On-road,Delhi...But what i missed in LS is roof-rails.And if you go by GM officials words they say the roof-rails cannot be fitted in LS variant afterwards...
Really,it looks awkward without those rails.Looks more like a bald man!
Old 9th February 2010, 19:45   #394
Senior - BHPian

Saw 3 Beats on the road in Gurgaon. All with temp numbers not Demo cars. It sure looks better than Ritz or i10 on road. I saw a White LT, Red LT and Red LS model. Roof rails add to character else the car looks regular. Red looked better than White.
Old 10th February 2010, 07:31   #395
BHPian

chek this out
Chevy-Beat-registers-10000-bookings-in-24-days,Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com
Barely 24 days of its launch, Chevrolet Beat has already registered 10000 booking so far. The company has so far already sold 2825 units of the Chevy Beat. Apart from the Beat, there were 3,477 units of Chevrolet Spark1,512 units of Chevrolet Tavera, 686 units of Chevrolet Cruze, 434 units of Aveo U-VA, 364 units of Aveo, 72 units of Chevrolet Captiva and 51 units of Chevrolet Optra, this January.
Old 10th February 2010, 19:38   #396
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Spark (beat) review by autocar UK.

regards
cosworthkid007

Chevrolet Spark 1.2 LT - Autocar.co.uk
Old 10th February 2010, 19:48   #397
BHPian

Beat no.1 in Zigwheels test, but...

The February 2010 edition of the 'Zigwheels' magazine has compared six 1.2 hatches, viz. the Beat,G.P,Jazz,Ritz,i20 and the Fabia.
They have declared the Beat as the winner. However, the surprising ( and annoying too) thing is the omission of the i10 kappa from this comparison.
Any thing fishy in this deletion?
Old 10th February 2010, 21:45   #398
Senior - BHPian

Was present for Xinome's BEAT test drive.

Powerful, well damped, good brakes, good looks, good space and very long wait times.

Good car.
Old 10th February 2010, 22:09   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
The February 2010 edition of the 'Zigwheels' magazine has compared six 1.2 hatches, viz. the Beat,G.P,Jazz,Ritz,i20 and the Fabia.
They have declared the Beat as the winner. However, the surprising ( and annoying too) thing is the omission of the i10 kappa from this comparison.
Any thing fishy in this deletion?
Oh poor i10!! I feel Indica Vista 1.2 is the most neglected car. No one considers it in B or B+ segment even for comparison purpose!
Old 11th February 2010, 17:53   #400
BHPian

I should be getting my black LT option next week. If only car dealers could be honest. I was supposed to get delivery on the 19th of jan which got pushed back to the 10th of feb. And now I got the infamous "lorry had problems on the road" excuse so its going to take another 5 days
Old 11th February 2010, 18:56   #401

@bbyf16

I'm experiencing the same problem! Waiting for my black LS. Was supposed to get it on jan 18th, then they said last wednesday on feb 3rd, then this wednesday on feb 10th. Yesterday they said they'll give it on monday. Its just so frustrating to deal with these dealers! Worst thing of all is the dealer accepts I was the first to book the black. I saw someone else getting a black beat but no news of mine yet It burns whenever i see a beat on the road now!
Old 11th February 2010, 19:13   #402
BHPian

same problem with my dealer.
booked on 15Jan and since then no updates from the dealer and every time I call they keep telling another few days and now they say the car is on the way and will take 7-10 days to reach here from the factory. I called just now they said sir your car is ready take delivery tomorrow and then they said sorry this is not your and you will have to wait for few more days. I wish if they were honest to say that wait time is more than a month in the first place even then I would have booked the beat and waited eagerly instead of waiting frustratingly now.
Old 11th February 2010, 19:28   #403
BANNED

Called up the dealer here in Tvm, i was told it takes around 1 month for delivery.
Old 11th February 2010, 19:52   #404
Senior - BHPian

I happened to see a Black Beat this afternoon on BG road and boy it sure is a looker. It looks better in flesh. Sure turned my head.
Old 11th February 2010, 21:02   #405

I just saw a green one, it looked fabulous, The guy had no tints, the blue lit interiors, from outside looked very cool at night. It was a head turner. I just wanted to be the first to get the green one but, oh well!
I saw a white one yesterday, it had a lot of class. Honestly I thought white would look very normal, but it looked very good. The thing that stood out in the white was it's two door look.

Most Viewed