Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 10:57   #406
BHPian

Does GM has problem producing BEAT LT with option pack

Guys i too have booked a white beat LT with option pack at sundaram blore. I was promised a delivery of it on FEB 10 by the sales guy .To my horror i was intimated that LT with option pack has not arrived on the D-day , the dealer entirely put the blame on the GM production plant.

Now instead of LT with O i am settling in for LT which the dealer has promised to get me by FEB 18.
Old 12th February 2010, 11:24   #407
BHPian

the dealer here in gurgaon has given me the chassis number already so not sure what that means and has promised that the car is on the way for last 9 days.
Is there a way to inquire with GM on the basis of chassis number? or any other way to inquire directly with GMI about the status of the car. I'm fed up with this dilly dallying of the sales guy. I called yesterday and he said the person who know how to find the status of the car is ill and is on leave and there is no one else who can look into the system to provide a status. I wish GMI India develops and SMS or email notification system so that we can get regular updates
Old 12th February 2010, 12:09   #408
BHPian

Update Guys :
Just now had phone conversation with GM's Karnataka Region sales manager.I am told that the initial market survey prior to product launch indicated the demand to be more with PS,LS,LT and not with LT(O) hence they didnt plan for this kind of demand .Now the official waitng period quoted by the GM guy is 2months for any model.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:14   #409
BHPian

@praveen
thanks for the info buddy...but this is a joke. I will check with my dealer I hope they do not make me wait for 2 months. i think its more with the production capacity coupled with the demand for the car.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:23   #410
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

why are you settling for less?
Raise a stink with GMIL
IMO the best way to get good service from these chaps is to make a heck of a noise (politely of course) so that it is noticed right up at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencr85 View Post
Guys i too have booked a white beat LT with option pack at sundaram blore. I was promised a delivery of it on FEB 10 by the sales guy .To my horror i was intimated that LT with option pack has not arrived on the D-day , the dealer entirely put the blame on the GM production plant.

Now instead of LT with O i am settling in for LT which the dealer has promised to get me by FEB 18.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:37   #411
BHPian

@Shankar
how do we do that? Can you share some contact information for GMI or GMI North India? I called up the sales guy and he says he has not checked the status yet and asked me to call after 2 hours and when I asked him if he can just check it and call me, he said it would be better if I call him. I'm just getting a feeling that it was foolish to trust GM in the first place no doubt they have a good car but sales is a problem but then I think this problem is there with all car companies. Once the booking is done they don't care a lot.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:39   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
why are you settling for less?
Raise a stink with GMIL
IMO the best way to get good service from these chaps is to make a heck of a noise (politely of course) so that it is noticed right up at the top.
@ shankar

I have created all the rukas i can do , the sales manager was almost to his knees when i introduced him to his wrost nightmare he could ever imagine.
He threw up his hands showed me all the bookings and also showed me the records of how many are delivered & how many were arriving in the coming weeks(virtually gave me his system to check anymore i needed).

Not even a Single LT (O) was billed to sundaram.I checked with Kropex also even they have not got a single LT(O) billed .

After everything i felt pitty to this person he is indeed gng thorugh a very tough time .

But when i went through all the booking i stumbled upon a white LT against which there was no name which was arriving on monday .When enquired about it he was bit reluctant but agreed to give to me on thrusday (Factor of safety incase if the arrival gets delayed while on transit)
Old 12th February 2010, 13:50   #413

@ Praveen - I read this on Zigwheels, maybe calling GM might help.

"The company had also introduced a number of industry first programmes including a centralized 24x7 call centre to attend to customer complaints and provide information related to Chevrolet products and services. A local call to 3030-8080 from any landline or mobile phone across the country can access this service." - Zigwheels.
Old 12th February 2010, 13:54   #414
BHPian

I made a ruckus as well but you can't really blame the sales people, its not like they don't want to give you the car, they just don't have any. I think GM royally bungled up this launch but whatever. What do you guys think about the accessories being offered. I'm planning on getting the remote unlock and the leather seat covers for a total of 8 grand. I figured I'd get the leather seat covers because I doubt I'll be able to get them anywhere else since the car is so new. Mud guards and floor mats come standard with the car so I can't think of anything else I need.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:14   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrip View Post
@ Praveen - I read this on Zigwheels, maybe calling GM might help.

"The company had also introduced a number of industry first programmes including a centralized 24x7 call centre to attend to customer complaints and provide information related to Chevrolet products and services. A local call to 3030-8080 from any landline or mobile phone across the country can access this service." - Zigwheels.
I havent left even a single option tried everything, no use all these stuff happening just becoz of the production strategy adopted by the GM.

May be ppl like GTO(who might know ppl inside GM) can throw some light about the exact reality for this mess.
Old 14th February 2010, 00:32   #416
BHPian

Wake up 'General'....

IMO GM should act wisely and tighten up their sales (and marketing) force, else the competition would beat the 'Beat'.
On another note, again IMO,GM should (and I feel it may) introduce a higher speced variant including some of the goodies that are absent in the current variants.
Lets hope that the 'Beat' gets them.
Old 14th February 2010, 10:53   #417
Senior - BHPian

GM should write a short handy book on
How To
Kill a product
&
make competition Happy.

GMI where is the top brass snoozing?
Old 14th February 2010, 11:21   #418
BHPian

Praveen> Dont make the mistake of getting what they have ready. I made it and am kicking myself every day for notting getting the innova V. All good things are worth waiting for . I know it is GMs fault for not honouring their commitment , but still it is a good car you have chosen and be patient and get what you wanted rather than what they have to offer.
Old 14th February 2010, 11:31   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencr85 View Post
May be ppl like GTO(who might know ppl inside GM) can throw some light about the exact reality for this mess.
Its no secret. The car is all new, the plant in Talegaun is all new which means it'll take while to ramp up to full production speed.

Plus the demand is massive (something GM is not used to or staffed to handle).
Old 14th February 2010, 12:15   #420
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Plus the demand is massive (something GM is not used to or staffed to handle).
+ 1.

Guys, the wait is a nightmare. But from an outsiders point of view, this is a dream come true for GM & future owners. Just look at the demand! The product has been very well received!

@praveencr85: IMO, you should wait for the LT(O) rather than buying LT just because you cant wait a month more. Ownership experience may last several years, and most probably you will repent not going for the higher version later-on.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th February 2010 at 12:19.

Most Viewed