Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 20:59   #571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Yup, i-10 Kappa engine makes same power at 5200 rpm and Beat is around 6200. So the i-10 should have a really strong bottom end.
To be more precise you should look at the RPM where torque is maximum.
For beat it is 4400, I 10 Kappa--4000, K12 M------ 4500
But still you cant get the idea of bottom end torque from it.
But in maruti's K12M You get almost a flat torque (max torque) from 2.5K to 5K. Thats why it is such a good engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
i feel that the low power in 2nd and 3rd gear has been deliberately kept to make it a city car and that is the exact reason why it drives effortlessly in the stop go city traffic and engine is not strained in low rpm's and lower gears. As far as 0-100 km is concerned i think its bullshit for this segment its applicable for performance cars and there is none in this segment.
Firstly how can low toque (Power is no way related to transmission) in 2nd and 3rd gear make driving effortless. It will deliberately ask you to press more throttle to move your car. It will not be a good city car. In reality I find beat more pleasurable doing 50-70 KMph rather than 20-40 Kmph where the response is poor.
Then why will someone intensionally provide less torque by giving higher gear ratios.-----Yes Fuel effeciency---- Some of you already poined out FE in city is better than highway.
No offense but you got it all wrong.
0-100 is meaningless. Astar and estillo have same engine and almost same 0-100 timing. What is more important is the fun to drive factor, response and in gear acceleration. But boy the A star feels much more punchier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Which it does not at all. The i20 has horrible low end grunt. You need to properly dump the clutch to get it to move. You can't shift to second for speed breakers and 4th gear 40kmh means it will struggle to pull.
I found the Beat a little better than i10 but the K-series is the best in this.
I guess its due to the heavier body.
About the K series, Throttle opening (butterfly valve) is not controlled by wire connected to the accelerator pedal like the beat. It is controlled by ECU. Thats why low end response is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
860 rs for mud flaps in a small car!!! Isnt that a bit too much to ask for!!! Except for some accessories the prices seem ok!
And will prices increase for people who have booked the car before March 2nd?
If you booked before 2nd march price should not increase.
Old 6th March 2010, 18:25   #572
Senior - BHPian

Where are the owners. Busy Driving? Guess its time for some more owner reviews.

Also what happened to my doubts?

Quote:
About the auto a/c. Is it possible to set the temperature. If so what range is available. (I mean degree celcius). And how many speeds for the fan?

Also does the cd player show the names of song/folder etc?

And for those who are not busy driving. Here is the car&Bike show review of the Beat
http://www.ndtv.com/news/videos/vide...php?id=1182567

Last edited by gemithomas : 6th March 2010 at 18:39.
Old 6th March 2010, 23:13   #573
BHPian

Quote:
About the auto a/c. Is it possible to set the temperature. If so what range is available. (I mean degree celcius). And how many speeds for the fan?

Also does the cd player show the names of song/folder etc?
yes you can set the degrees and it goes in 0.5 degree increments. i think it goes down to 16 degrees i believe and then goes to the "lo" setting. no clue as to the heater setting" i believe the fan has 6 speeds.

the cd player does show the name of the song and the folder also. hope that answers your questions.
Old 7th March 2010, 10:00   #574
BHPian

test drove the car last week at KLN chennai.the car seems like a very good buy for city riders.the throttle was like butter.response was good too
Old 7th March 2010, 12:28   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX Overdrive View Post
Another thing which I faced today, connected the USB mini with a full USB converter, hooked a pen drive with MP3 songs, but no go. It didn't play any, tried pressing the USB dedicated button the on the audio console, but nothing happened, any clues?....thanks.
Max Overdrive, Have you tried the USB again with any success? Try using a low capacity (say 1 GB) and format it with FAT32 and try. Please post the picture of the usb connector and how much it costed you and where you got it?
Old 7th March 2010, 14:27   #576
BHPian

First service done.

hello guys,

we have crossed 1100kms so far & first service, which is just a check-up is done at the dealer. Everything is oK. I complained about the Reverse gear & they say they have looked into it & as usual nothing is changed except they made an oil-polish all over, so car looks shiny. Initially most of the cars are perfect. So, its just a formality to keep the warrenty alive.

The insurance company will give me 100% claim on the cracked windscreen but I will change it after a while & I will have to pay 1700 Extra for sealing & rubbers of the glass, the glass costs around 5500. Everything else is just in perfect shape. There is no parking area around my house so I have to keep it outside, some people made little dots & colour is removed. very little dots which we cant see but Please give an idea what to do.

I forgot to ask you people about teflon coating. Is it really worth. there are 3 kind of types. In type 1, they make a single layer & leave, in 2nd type, they will make a single layer of teflon & again re-layer after 6 months, in type 3 they make 3rd coat after 1 year. Do any of us has tried it? does it really work? suggest.. I just bought 2 thing for my beat. 1 Body cover(worth 1050) realy heave & solid & floor mats worth 425. I wanted the Mud flaps but they are not available.
Old 7th March 2010, 23:37   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da.maulik View Post
hello guys,

we have crossed 1100kms so far & first service, which is just a check-up is done at the dealer.
==========
I wanted the Mud flaps but they are not available.
I always make sure car is parked in my garage and not on the road. But considering your case teflon coating and body cover might not be a bad idea. But make sure what happens to the teflon coating if you get a scratch.

And congrats on getting 100% claim on your windshield.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:19   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hello guys,

we have crossed 1100kms so far & first service, which is just a check-up is done at the dealer. Everything is oK. I complained about the Reverse gear & they say they have looked into it & as usual nothing is changed except they made an oil-polish all over, so car looks shiny. Initially most of the cars are perfect. So, its just a formality to keep the warrenty alive.
And what about your Fuel Efficiency. Has it settled down to any value
Old 8th March 2010, 11:15   #579
BHPian

Heyz Gemithomas,

The fuel efficiency is getting down. it gave me 15kmpl. I am confused. Friends, I am really confused about one more silly thing. Isn't there any choke like thing in this car? it must not be needing such thing, but I still am not sure. I have looked around but I just want to confirm that it doesn't need any choke.
Quote:
And what about your Fuel Efficiency. Has it settled down to any value
I dont rememeber, who wrote it but I remember someone somewere told there is some difference between Golden Chevy Logo & silver chevy logo on the Beat. Maybe, Vprodigy asked. Is there any difference? The Golden logo is old menufecture & other color is new.

Last edited by bblost : 8th March 2010 at 12:14. Reason: back 2 back post. Please use edit post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:56   #580
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I dont rememeber, who wrote it but I remember someone somewere told there is some difference between Golden Chevy Logo & silver chevy logo on the Beat. Maybe, Vprodigy asked. Is there any difference? The Golden logo is old menufecture & other color is new.
I had mentioned it earlier. Gold logo is for LT option pack as steering wheel has airbag assemble. The normal logo is for all other variants.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:10   #581
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
And congrats on getting 100% claim on your windshield.
100% for glass is the norm.

Quote:
Isn't there any choke like thing in this car? it must not be needing such thing, but I still am not sure.
The 'choke' disppeared with the advent of the cars with fuel injection. The ECU manages those functions now and so nothing else is needed.

When you do a cold start, you would see the RPM at a higher level than the idling and settles to the idling level in a minute or so.

That is the automatic 'choke'!
Old 8th March 2010, 13:29   #582
BHPian

Thanks Vid

Thanks vid, I read it but the someone else earlier wrote it about the logo on the front of the Beat. ON the Grills. I was talking about it. Thanks anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I had mentioned it earlier. Gold logo is for LT option pack as steering wheel has airbag assemble. The normal logo is for all other variants.
Old 8th March 2010, 14:44   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaw View Post
Max Overdrive, Have you tried the USB again with any success? Try using a low capacity (say 1 GB) and format it with FAT32 and try. Please post the picture of the usb connector and how much it costed you and where you got it?
Yes, I bought two connectors this time, to rule out the possibility of a bad connector. Also formatted my 2 flash drives both 1GB with Fat 32, but still no go. I took the car to the dealer and the service manager was kind enough to look into the matter. He took the car to the showroom and tried using the flash drive on all the cars, but none of them responded. They have noted down the query and would get back to me.

Also, in the meanwhile, I tried connecting a mp3 player, for the simple reason that power would be sourced from within the mp3 player, unlike any normal flash drive, but still it didn't work. Pressing the USB button the the audio console doesn't do anything.

I bought the connectors from a engg. shop for 20 bucks each. Will post the picture tonight.

So, no option but using a FM transmitter in the 12v outlet on the dash.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:35   #584
BHPian

Keen to know how to turn on the rear bumper lights of chevy beat. Doesn't look like that its reflecting another light!!

Attaching picture taken from this post -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...g-16-a-22.html

Old 8th March 2010, 20:52   #585
Senior - BHPian

Those are just reflectors

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks