Team-BHP - Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/71073-chevrolet-beat-test-drive-review-40.html)

Though I booked my car on the 20th of January, I spent a month bugging my sales rep to bring my car down asap. He could not give me a valid date, few cars have arrived in Mangalore but only LS versions. I was told that my name was first in the priority list. I got a little irritated about the wait and asked him when is my car going to arrive. Fed up of my constant bugging during this period, he gave me the option of going for a White LS, and promised to spruce up the interiors (sans the ACC) and include fog lamps and rear spoilers for an extra deal of 35k which I promptly declined.

Today he calls me up saying that my Misty Lake LT has been dispatched from the plant yesterday and will be here by this weekend. Only one Beat has left for Mangalore and that is mine, boy oh boy am I anxious! The PDI and RTO procedures will take 2 days and the car should be delivered next Monday if all goes well. I just can't wait for this week to fly by.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX Overdrive (Post 1771216)
Keen to know how to turn on the rear bumper lights of chevy beat. Doesn't look like that its reflecting another light!!

These are plain reflectors. When you point a light source directly in front of any similar reflector and look from the same direction, it looks like glowing.
In this case, the camera flash made it to glow like this.

I have finaly received the car, LT blue in color. It looks smashing. I have changed the tires as well to 175/65 R14 Michelin. You just cant help but press the accelerator in this car. The speakers need to be changed for better quality. Will give more details after a few days. Here are a few pics Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc00185c.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc00184c.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc00187c.jpg

congratulations LedZap- great tire choice and stunning alloys. What is the cost of tire and alloys and where did you buy them in delhi. Once again the car looks beautiful with those alloys.

LedZep,
Boy oh boy, are your alloys smashing or what :eek:! They look absolutely stunning! clap:

Welcome to the blue-beat owners club!

I have some similar questions:
Once again, superb choice of alloys.. I wish I had the budget to go for such alloys right now!

Would love to hear good F.E numbers for your car with those tyres.:D

So that we all could simply go in for a change. The only thing that keeps me thinking is whether the F.E would go for a toss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LedZep (Post 1772234)
I have finaly received the car, LT blue in color. It looks smashing. I have changed the tires as well to 175/65 R14 Michelin. You just cant help but press the accelerator in this car. The speakers need to be changed for better quality. Will give more details after a few days. Here are a few pics

Awesome man!
Please get started on a full fledged review, and post the link here.

Great color. An absolute stunner. I am also asking the same question about the Alloys & tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LedZep (Post 1772234)
I have finaly received the car, LT blue in color. It looks smashing.

No updates for last one day...every one's busy driving the Beat. LedZap we are still waiting for the tire+alloy upgrade costs. Are these the HJ alloys also please provide info about the store from where got them. Has any one added any interesting accessory or done any modification to the Beat please let us know and post pictures as well.

Hi guys, my Misty Blue LT has finally arrived at the showroom. Once formalities and procedures are over, I must be good to collect it tomorrow hopefully. Shall keep you guys updated. Cheers.

Hi, the tyres costed 3700 each and the alloys for 10,000. so total 24,800. I got 6000 for the original tyres so it comes down to 18,800. I got these from BK tyre Lajpat Nagar. I've been so caught up in work and hardly have driven the machine.

ok thats a kool deal for those set of wheels. The alloys are really stunning can't resist them so hoping to get them soon on my Beat.

@ledzep

10K for those alloys are a great price!
whats the width of those alloys? (from the picture I guess they are plati)

Do You know how much fuel is left when the last digit starts to blink? I mean when the warning light starts, how much fuel is there? how far can we go with the fuel warning?

Recently heard some people have ejected Beat since the maximum speed limit in the speedometer is 180 and not 200. They said even alto has a max limit of 180. I was shocked. How can such a thing be an issue??

Foolish though it may seem, companies should consider these facts as well.