Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:07   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
One thing which I think is missing in this entire thread is some photo's of Black color car. I think I have booked the most uncommon color.
Sir, I just saw a black beat LT on the road. I'll tell you only one thing: you won't be disappointed
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:39   #737
BHPian

Sorry for changing the current discussion topic,but can someone pls tell me why i have seen 3-4 Beats with different finish on the central console design.I mean u can see for yourself in this thread the showroom modded beat and you'll understand the finish i m talking off.I saw a couple of such finish cars at Nagpur and the finish looked much better than in the pics.My point is the nagpur dealer doesn't have any idea of these as accessories...Then where are these coming from?As far as i know both cars were also LT like mine,And not LT(O)
Old 24th April 2010, 07:45   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
Sorry for changing the current discussion topic,but can someone pls tell me why i have seen 3-4 Beats with different finish on the central console design.
Didn't understand that. You mean there are different designs of the central console on the LT? I didn't see anything like that. Can you please share links to the exact posts?
Old 24th April 2010, 12:48   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for changing the current discussion topic,but can someone pls tell me why i have seen 3-4 Beats with different finish on the central console design.I mean u can see for yourself in this thread the showroom modded beat and you'll understand the finish i m talking off.I saw a couple of such finish cars at Nagpur and the finish looked much better than in the pics.
Was it carbon fibre like finish? .Could you please get more details about this different finish ? As fas as I know, the Korean Beat , which is called Matiz creative , sports this feature.I am not sure whether this type of finish is available in the Indian version .
Old 24th April 2010, 17:38   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vihang15 View Post
got my new green beat LS version on 26th Feb 2010 ,
Congrats vihang15.
Happy to see one more Green Beat in TBHP other than mine.
Wish you a safe and wonderful experience with Beat.

Quote:
Sorry for changing the current discussion topic,but can someone pls tell me why i have seen 3-4 Beats with different finish on the central console design.I mean u can see for yourself in this thread the showroom modded beat and you'll understand the finish i m talking off.I saw a couple of such finish cars at Nagpur and the finish looked much better than in the pics.My point is the nagpur dealer doesn't have any idea of these as accessories...Then where are these coming from?As far as i know both cars were also LT like mine,And not LT(O)
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Was it carbon fibre like finish? .Could you please get more details about this different finish ? As fas as I know, the Korean Beat , which is called Matiz creative , sports this feature.I am not sure whether this type of finish is available in the Indian version .
I think what you are refering to is the carbon fibre finish.
It is not seperate pannel which comes as an accessory.
There are films available in the market and this is done by removing the pannel and pasting the film on it and hot air blow to get good stretch and curved shape matching with the pannel without folding the film. Check page # 43 of this thread for photos. As you can see in the pic, it is pasted on the central pannel, the door handle pannel, steering spoke etc.
@auto-one
You are refering to the international versions. These are not available in India. The carbon fibre texture available on the sticker is slightly different from the Korean one. Check page # 43 of this thread for photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
One thing which I think is missing in this entire thread is some photo's of Black color car. I think I have booked the most uncommon color.
No.. TBHPians "azharace" and vprodigy are already having black Beat.
Check out this thread for pics.
Old 25th April 2010, 12:42   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Congrats vihang15.
Happy to see one more Green Beat in TBHP other than mine.
Wish you a safe and wonderful experience with Beat.

I think what you are refering to is the carbon fibre finish.
It is not seperate pannel which comes as an accessory.
There are films available in the market and this is done by removing the pannel and pasting the film on it and hot air blow to get good stretch and curved shape matching with the pannel without folding the film. Check page # 43 of this thread for photos. As you can see in the pic, it is pasted on the central pannel, the door handle pannel, steering spoke etc.
@auto-one
You are refering to the international versions. These are not available in India. The carbon fibre texture available on the sticker is slightly different from the Korean one. Check page # 43 of this thread for photos.

No.. TBHPians "azharace" and vprodigy are already having black Beat.
Check out this thread for pics.
Thanks for the link.That's exactly the finish i talked about.It looks better in person.The pics dont do justice.I just wonder where these ppl are getting this nagpur mein coz the showroom wallahs dont have it.Also check out this link from orkut from another BEAT owner (RAHUL,Silent storm)for the same.
http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Album?ui...aid=1269656277
Old 25th April 2010, 22:44   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link.That's exactly the finish i talked about.It looks better in person.The pics dont do justice.I just wonder where these ppl are getting this nagpur mein coz the showroom wallahs dont have it.Also check out this link from orkut from another BEAT owner (RAHUL,Silent storm)for the same.
http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Album?ui...aid=1269656277
Generally you will not be able to find this with the showroom wallahs.
Check for Carbon Fiber 3M vinyl film or equivalent brands available in the car accessory stores.
Check out this link to understand how the profiling is done by hot air blow.
Old 26th April 2010, 10:59   #743
BHPian

I'm a newbie - and can someone explain this to me:

From GTO's review:

"The clutch is light and has a short pedal range (excellent for city use)."
Old 26th April 2010, 11:20   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
I'm a newbie - and can someone explain this to me:

From GTO's review:

"The clutch is light and has a short pedal range (excellent for city use)."
In simple words-
Clutch is light means - less force required to actuate the clutch.
Short pedal range means- the travel length of the pedel is less(distance between full actuation and released condition)
Hope you got it
Old 26th April 2010, 11:32   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
The base and the LS version have the plain matt finish on the dash.
The LT and options pack version have the smooth/satin finish with gloss over specific areas. Same of the body coloured and the black spoilers at the rear and the roof trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Sir, I just saw a black beat LT on the road. I'll tell you only one thing: you won't be disappointed
I agree! Black looks gorgeous!!! Though I did not like the the first time, I feel black is a looker in Beat
Old 26th April 2010, 11:39   #746
BHPian

Guys! Just now the showroom guy called me and told My white beat has come and its ready for delivery.One of my friend is an insurance agent and i was planning to give him the insurance.So i asked for Engine and Chasis number to the dealer. The showroom guys have reliance insurance,Their Insurance is around 13,K but my friend offered me around 11K. Around 2k difference in the insurance.When i asked him to give the details he was telling me that i've to pay 2k to the showrrom if am not taking the insurance from the dealer..He was telling they've adjusted the Ex showroom price with the insurance. I told him they only have rights to sell their car and not insurance.Well what are ur opinion guys.Is this true what they said?
Old 26th April 2010, 11:59   #747
BHPian

@kphilip, I think they're bluffing you. For my LT, the insurance was some 9-10k from Reliance. Is yours an LT(O)?
Old 26th April 2010, 12:15   #748
BHPian

mine is LT(O). The Ex show room price is 4,47,248.They are telling if am not taking insurance from them the Ex showroom will be 4,49,248.I said am always ready to cancel the booking.I asked him to tell the decision ASAP.
Old 26th April 2010, 12:54   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Guys! Just now the showroom guy called me and told My white beat has come and its ready for delivery.One of my friend is an insurance agent and i was planning to give him the insurance.So i asked for Engine and Chasis number to the dealer. The showroom guys have reliance insurance,Their Insurance is around 13,K but my friend offered me around 11K. Around 2k difference in the insurance.When i asked him to give the details he was telling me that i've to pay 2k to the showrrom if am not taking the insurance from the dealer..He was telling they've adjusted the Ex showroom price with the insurance. I told him they only have rights to sell their car and not insurance.Well what are ur opinion guys.Is this true what they said?
They are bluffing.
Even I got my insurance done through my friend. The showroom guys were quoting more than 14K for insurance. Similar insurance will cost only ~9.5K-11K outside and ~11K-12.5K with optional bumper to bumper full claim option or zero depreciation option. So never accept for paying 2K extra. Tell them that you will be taking this up directly to GM in case they dont agree. Instead of talking to the sales executive better speak to his superiors or sales manager.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:49   #750
BHPian

Absolutely. They are supposed to sell insurance with the car as a matter of convenience to the customer who does not wish to shop around, it is not compulsary at all. One who wishes to shop around and get a better price (as is their right) should be allowed to simply pay the ex-showroom price. Ditto for registration with RTO as well. All they are entitled to is the ex-showroom price. Ring GM if you must, they will definitely side with you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks