Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 15:06   #766
BHPian

[quote=kphilip;1860909]thanx Salbin .
Sunfilm-Sunshield
- Better to go for Llumar or 3m. Not heard of Sunshield.

Alloy Wheel-The Alloy wheels is the same model which i get in my stock Beat, its 14 inch.Its GM made.I've asked for an exchange in a shop near to the dealer.They said they cant exchange the alloys as its a company alloy.Dunno what it meant.
- That means ~ 8.5K for just changing the colour from Silver to Black? In that case you can try painting to convert it to black. Just have a look at some of the leading brands of alloy wheels for the best matching ones for Beat. It will be far better than the GM alloys in terms of both quality as well as looks. One of our TBHPian was looking for GM OE alloys - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1721299-post27.html Dont know whether he got it or not.
quote]
Old 29th April 2010, 17:08   #767
BHPian

Does the stock LT alloys also have a 165 profile?

I am not sure you can exchange a branded(GM) alloys to a local dealer.
Old 29th April 2010, 18:59   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Any one aware of some kind kind of tuning done by the GM Service Center to reduce the sluggishness?
My friend has got a BEAT and when he complained about the car's performance in 2nd gear , they told that they will tune it to improve the performance . Any kind of ECU re-mapping happening ?
No idea but keep me posted. If available, I would like to have that too.
I dont think they are capable of re-mapping ECU.
Old 29th April 2010, 19:57   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vihang15 View Post
yes , i do feel the shakes ,vibrations , jerks in the steering .

i think GM designed the car for US roads , they forgot our potholes based roads in india . and the monsoons are coming , i am getting worried with the ground clearance of the Beat .
Is it an isolated case with your Beat or do all Beats have this problem? Could other Beat owners share their experience with this issue, please?
IMO there shoudnt be such vibrations / shakes in the steering.
Does the Beat have ground clearance issue too? Iam surprised.
Old 29th April 2010, 20:10   #770
BHPian

@auto-one: I never felt "too much" steering feedback from the Beat. In fact, the steering is one of the things I like about this car.

Reg. ground clearance don't worry too much. It slightly lower than the Spark, but I haven't grazed anything on my 300kms till date.
Old 29th April 2010, 20:28   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Does the stock LT alloys also have a 165 profile?

I am not sure you can exchange a branded(GM) alloys to a local dealer.
I asked 2 or 3 dealers , but they said they cant exchange it with the GM alloys

Last edited by kphilip : 29th April 2010 at 20:31.
Old 30th April 2010, 00:35   #772
BHPian

@ akshatverma1979 & auto-one:
3M Carbon Fiber Sticker Vinyl Sheet is available in e-bay.in.
Here is the link:
eBay India: 3M Carbon Fiber Bike Car Sticker Vinyl Sheet ORIGINAL (item 180498832531 end time 02-May-2010 13:00:48 IST)
If you are able to remove the panels, I think installing the same is very easy. Check out the DIY instructions and videos to find out how easy it is.
Old 30th April 2010, 10:33   #773
vihang15

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Is it an isolated case with your Beat or do all Beats have this problem? Could other Beat owners share their experience with this issue, please?
IMO there shoudnt be such vibrations / shakes in the steering.
Does the Beat have ground clearance issue too? Iam surprised.
hi auto-one ,

the vibrations are felt only when the beat hits any big pothole . otherwise it is very smooth and sturdy to drive, i dont think so there is any mechanical issue .

ground clearance does not have any issue but could have been more better considering the monsoons we have here in mumbai .

Old 30th April 2010, 15:29   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vihang15 View Post
hi auto-one ,
the vibrations are felt only when the beat hits any big pothole . otherwise it is very smooth and sturdy to drive, i dont think so there is any mechanical issue .
ground clearance does not have any issue but could have been more better considering the monsoons we have here in mumbai .
I think the vibration being refered here is the steering feedback. To some extend it is good only and is required. I did not feel ay excess feedback on my Beat steering. Actually I like HPS than EPS because I get better feel / feedback in HPS. If the vibration is felt on plain road, then it can be due to unbalance of wheels.
Luckily I am yet to scrape the under body over humbs during my 2500km usage.
Old 30th April 2010, 19:37   #775
BHPian

Thanks Salbin and vihang15, for ur replies. I had a very short TD of the Beat last month, and yes, the steering has a nice feel ( grip and feedback too). Really liked it. Though I wish it had controls for the audio system.
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:01   #776
BHPian

Here's my update on my black LTO.

So far, not too bad, I've completed 2700 km and nothing to really complain about. The suspension was very noisy and felt like everything was rattling inside which was corrected by the service center in a days time. I got the 130/100 lights put in with a relay, also done at the service center. The beat gets very shaky around 135km+ and I believe top speed is about 142 hm/hr. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've scraped the bottom of the car, really wish the car had a bit more ground clearance. Also, I'm getting hammered on mileage, my fuel efficiency can't be more than 10km/liter. My driving is a mix of stop and go traffic with highway in between with a/c on full time. Kinda regretting the petrol engine at this point. Also, for those of you complaining about poor pickup, have you tried indian oil xtrapremium? Believe me, it makes a difference and definitely worth the extra 2 rupees.
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:02   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
Also, I'm getting hammered on mileage, my fuel efficiency can't be more than 10km/liter. My driving is a mix of stop and go traffic with highway in between with a/c on full time. Kinda regretting the petrol engine at this point.
That's too bad "10km/liter" is it with everyone? I heard it is nearing 15.
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:49   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
Here's my update on my black LTO.

So far, not too bad, I've completed 2700 km and nothing to really complain about. The suspension was very noisy and felt like everything was rattling inside which was corrected by the service center in a days time. I got the 130/100 lights put in with a relay, also done at the service center. The beat gets very shaky around 135km+ and I believe top speed is about 142 hm/hr. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've scraped the bottom of the car, really wish the car had a bit more ground clearance. Also, I'm getting hammered on mileage, my fuel efficiency can't be more than 10km/liter. My driving is a mix of stop and go traffic with highway in between with a/c on full time. Kinda regretting the petrol engine at this point. Also, for those of you complaining about poor pickup, have you tried indian oil xtrapremium? Believe me, it makes a difference and definitely worth the extra 2 rupees.
10 is terrible!!! i could get very close to that from my 1.6 fiat adventure with 100bhp. Compare your driving style with other beat owners here geting higher F.E figures. Maybe you are revving her too much.

Another thing. Did the A.S.S reduce the rattling noise by reducing the tyre pressure. Get i checked. Stick to 28-30 for optimum ride comfort and F.E.
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:08   #779
BHPian

1900 KM - 7 destinations - 9 days - Himalayan Country
I'm back from my himachal trip covering the entire state with my Beat LT. The car drove very well on all the terrains including Rohtang with minor issue with ground clearance but then the road to rohtang was terrible. I was surprised and glad to see lots of Beats with Himachal numbers in even the smallest cities where I would expect people to buy only tin cans of Maruti. Lots of Cruze on the roads and mostly Punjab & Chandigarh numbers.

My drivers opinion (he has 20 yrs of driving experience and driven across the length and breadth of the country on a wide range of cars) - what he liked
The car has an much superior build quality.
Very good suspension
Great handling
Decent braking ability
Good engine refinement
Very stable up-to speeds of 120 kmph and advised not to go beyond 120 kmph with Beat
Much safer than any Maruti/Hyundai hatch on the road (except i20)
Best VFM package available in the market

What he did not like or rather hated
Poor Pickup in 2nd Gear
Need to turn off AC for sharp inclines and overtaking

PS - we did not encounter any issues with the car throughout the journey. Beat fared very well and we touched max speed of 125 kmph. I did not calculate FE since it was vacation time
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:09   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
That's too bad "10km/liter" is it with everyone? I heard it is nearing 15.
Not the same case with everyone.
I was closely monitoring my FE from the begining.
My average FE till date is ~15kmpl.
I have driven more than 2600kms now.
Here is the actual figures I got (using full tank to full tank method)
kms covered / Fuel qty / FE
465 km / 30.50 l / 15.2 kmpl (highway usage- speed ~80)
372 km / 24.66 l / 15.1 kmpl (highway usage- speed ~80)
320 km / 17.60 l / 18.2 kmpl (highway usage- speed ~80)
206 km / 16.27 l / 12.7 kmpl (city usage + service done)
260 km / 17.22 l / 15.1 kmpl (city + highway usage- speed 70-90)
443 km / 30.68 l / 14.4 kmpl (city + highway usage- speed 80-100)
328 km / 22.96 l / 14.3 kmpl (city + highway usage- speed 80-110)
I have driven 100% with AC on.
I have used only regular petrol (IOC/BP only).
Next time I will be trying IOC xtrapremium.

@bbyf16: If you are getting only 10kmpl, then better consult the service guys and have a full check-up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks