Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 22:37   #796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
according to the service center, average FE for the beat is 10 city and 14 highway.
I am surprised they have mentioned this figure..! the service guys here swear about 13kmpl with 100% AC in city and 15-16 kmpl on the highway
Old 5th May 2010, 01:09   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vihang15 View Post
hi friends ,

i read in the user manual of beat that the Recommended fuel for the beat is 92 octance petrol .

so do we need to use the extramile and speed version or do standard petrol would be ok , as i checked with the petrol pump personnel that standard petrol does not have the level of octane recommended by GM for the beat .

if GM is recommeding 92 octane petrol i would assume beat is a supercar hatchback . so is the FE figures of 18.6 kmpl is for 92 octane petrol , as standard petrol returns not more than 15 kmpl FE .
surprising that no one has addressed this very very pertinent query / point. surely this is more important than accessories !!??
Old 5th May 2010, 12:43   #798
BHPian

All I know is, my beat LT, gives me an average of 18 kmpl on highway with 100% AC on.
I feed it with speed petrol right from the first day.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:38   #799
BHPian

Hell rider: I've checked the user manual, but nowhere in the manual it says Octane 91 or above.The only thing i remember is the fuel used should be of good quality.
Old 5th May 2010, 14:29   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Hell rider: I've checked the user manual, but nowhere in the manual it says Octane 91 or above.The only thing i remember is the fuel used should be of good quality.
Yes, even I don't recall this. I didn't say anything since I can't claim I've read the manual very carefully

I've been using regular petrol..
Old 5th May 2010, 16:24   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX Overdrive View Post
All I know is, my beat LT, gives me an average of 18 kmpl on highway with 100% AC on.
I feed it with speed petrol right from the first day.
That is great. 18kmpl is really a good figure.
I am yet to try speed/premium petrol.
If it gives better results compared to normal petrol, then I will definitely go for it.
Old 6th May 2010, 03:38   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Actually it does say 91 RON in the manual. Its listed towards the end near the specifications page. I don't have the manual with me so I can't give you the page number. I actually mentioned this back in february when I first got the car. Its kinda the reason I switched over to premium petrol.
Old 6th May 2010, 03:53   #803
BHPian

I was thinking the other day that the area above the center a/c vent is completely wasted. There's a good depression there so obviously something could be put there. Is it possible to get a multi-information display (fuel economy, miles before empty, etc) and put it in there. Perhaps a nice backlit one? Does anyone have any better suggestions or for that matter, know where I could buy one?
Old 6th May 2010, 09:01   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
I was thinking the other day that the area above the center a/c vent is completely wasted. There's a good depression there so obviously something could be put there. Is it possible to get a multi-information display (fuel economy, miles before empty, etc) and put it in there. Perhaps a nice backlit one? Does anyone have any better suggestions or for that matter, know where I could buy one?
I have the same question. Any ideas anyone? The US/EU beat has an MID. Chevy should've given here as well !
Old 6th May 2010, 09:12   #805
BHPian

@ everyone
There is a crack developing on my windshield from the base of it on the co driver side....i do not remember anything hitting the car. I parked the car yesterday night and today morning i saw the crack. Can anyone please suggest what could be the reason for the crack in the front windshield???
Old 6th May 2010, 09:48   #806
vihang15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
@ everyone
There is a crack developing on my windshield from the base of it on the co driver side....i do not remember anything hitting the car. I parked the car yesterday night and today morning i saw the crack. Can anyone please suggest what could be the reason for the crack in the front windshield???
hi vprodigy

check the same immediately with your service centre , incase it is a serious crack get it replaced on without a second thought .

the crack might be due to a physical object as it was in my case or due to cold water being splashed on the hot windshield .

in any case getting a replacement done would be safer .

Old 6th May 2010, 11:17   #807
BHPian

Thanks Vihang,

I suspect it could be a stone hitting the car, I will check with WE today or tomorrow and see if I can get it repaired or replaced. I will claim it from insurance since glass cost is 100% covered.
I feel so bad and day before my car got towed away from a no parking zone and those guys literally crushed my bumper but then it was my fault :(.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:25   #808
BHPian

Quote:
@ everyone
There are chances of crack getting developed if the car is parked under direct sun light.
There was similar incident happened on a Tata Indigo in my company open parking lot. The windshield cracked by itself!
The reason could be thermal expansion die to heat or any sudden temperature variation due to AC.
There are some threads in TBHP itself regarding similar cracking issue.
Suggest you to go thru these threads and also try to PM them for better understanding on how to proceed further.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...lop-crack.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...indshield.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...hield-i10.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...indshield.html
Old 6th May 2010, 12:21   #809
BHPian

Thanks Salbin, I remember now my nephew coming to me a day before and telling me that his friend had thrown a stone on my car at that point i ignored his information and did not ask him where and what just to realize and see the crack today morning and now i think it must be because of that. I will go home and ask him... funny story but i'll have to get it replaced :(.
Thank you for sending the links...they were very informative.
Old 6th May 2010, 17:31   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vihang,

I suspect it could be a stone hitting the car, I will check with WE today or tomorrow and see if I can get it repaired or replaced. I will claim it from insurance since glass cost is 100% covered.
I feel so bad and day before my car got towed away from a no parking zone and those guys literally crushed my bumper but then it was my fault :(.
But for rubber fitting you will have to pay 50%.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks