Team-BHP - Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/71073-chevrolet-beat-test-drive-review-56.html)

my Beat on the way to rohtang

Quote:

Originally Posted by vprodigy (Post 1874640)
@everyone
while coming back from office the moment i turned on the car the engine started breathing heavy and the car was shaking like the old deisel engines and when i pressed the accelerator it felt as if its loosing breath. Has anyone experienced anything like this in Beat. I turned of the engine and restarted it and it was normal. But i dont think this is normal as i could feel the car shaking left right.

Some ECU malfunction i guess. (Improper idle RPM or stotiometric mixture).Or else it wont become ok after restarting.
Most of the problems in PC can be resolved by just restarting. :uncontrol

Anyway if you can post it in a detailed manner may be i can help.

But dont forget to check with the service centre guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxyzen (Post 1875066)
Dont worry about knock. There is a knock sensor in engine and if there is knocking ECU can retard ignition timing to reduce knock. However this is a BS4 compliant vehicle. So you need to run it with BS4 fuel or else you wont get optimum performance.
This stands corrected for all BS4 vehicle and not only beat. I also have serious doubts whether premium fuels have higher octane ratings. What I have heard that all they do is bully the customers. But what else can be done as BS4 fuel is not available till date, only choice is to stick to premium although that is useless.

my first few refills were premium fuel but i did not see any performance or FE degradation with non premium ones. The premium fuels is just a marketing strategy that intel follows for its processors :D. BS4 fuels will take another year to hit the markets that too with some premium on price

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxyzen (Post 1875084)
Some ECU malfunction i guess. (Improper idle RPM or stotiometric mixture).Or else it wont become ok after restarting.
Most of the problems in PC can be resolved by just restarting. :uncontrol

Anyway if you can post it in a detailed manner may be i can help.

But dont forget to check with the service centre guys.

Thanks Oxy,
That is what I believe and hope that its not serious I will get it checked with the SC guys for sure. Just wanted check if anyone else has found any similar issues anytime.
The engine vibrated like a diesel engine just like when u start a safari Dicor engine with open bonut cover. when i pushed the accelerator the engine started loosing breath as if it will shut down on its own thats when i tried turning it off and on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vprodigy (Post 1875094)
Thanks Oxy,
That is what I believe and hope that its not serious I will get it checked with the SC guys for sure. Just wanted check if anyone else has found any similar issues anytime.
The engine vibrated like a diesel engine just like when u start a safari Dicor engine with open bonut cover. when i pushed the accelerator the engine started loosing breath as if it will shut down on its own thats when i tried turning it off and on.

I never experienced any such issues.

One more reason can be somehow the fuel lines got empty. Generally in that case bleeding is to be done. Or else there there will be huge vibrations.
But anyway this isnt what has happened to your car.

Had a terrible experience today -- all my fault though. As I've said before, I'm a newbie driver. Today I took my Beat out early in the morning, and roamed around fine for 9-10kms. While returning, at the entry gate of our apartment, I scratched the door badly. It's at the intersection of the right front and back doors. I'm too depressed right now! :Frustrati

Guys, any idea what I should do please:? Should I ask for a replacement door or a touchup job?

The latter will not be perfect for sure.. its such a bad dent. How much does the former cost.. will insurance help me there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 1875415)
Had a terrible experience today -- all my fault though. As I've said before, I'm a newbie driver. Today I took my Beat out early in the morning, and roamed around fine for 9-10kms. While returning, at the entry gate of our apartment, I scratched the door badly. It's at the intersection of the right front and back doors. I'm too depressed right now! :Frustrati

Guys, any idea what I should do please:? Should I ask for a replacement door or a touchup job?

The latter will not be perfect for sure.. its such a bad dent. How much does the former cost.. will insurance help me there?

Sorry to hear about that. Don't think about it over and over again - go for a insurance cover. As this is a new car, you only need to pay the insurance claim charge.

Thanks Sid. Any idea about how much it will hit the wallet? I.e. for the door replacement and touchup separately

I didn't have the heart to take pics.. but this is a similar pic. Mine is worse though:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...3012009442.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 1875432)
Thanks Sid. Any idea about how much it will hit the wallet? I.e. for the door replacement and touchup separately

I didn't have the heart to take pics.. but this is a similar pic. Mine is worse though:

I think it will be easy to claim insurance and you will not have to pay much on the claim. My view on this accident, You must claim. Otherwise there is no sense of paying high premiums to insurance company.

Thanks rjvora. Your insurance article was real helpful. Will claim asap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 1875415)

sorry to hear that quad....my friend had similar experience but damage was way more than the one in the pix and the co driver side had suffered multiple dents on the entire length of his swift dezire and the door handles were ripped off (i had seen his car personally after the accident)
There is no need to get a new door just get it done at the Chevy body shop and claim it from insurance.

Thanks vprodigy. Even my damage is worse.. but perhaps not as bad as your friends' (at least the door handles are fine, and the major scratch dent is around the intersection of the A-B pillars).

I feel like I've pulled out my own intestines.

I've called Orange service centre.. they said they'll pick it up tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 1875542)
Thanks vprodigy. Even my damage is worse.. but perhaps not as bad as your friends' (at least the door handles are fine, and the major scratch dent is around the intersection of the A-B pillars).

I feel like I've pulled out my own intestines.

I've called Orange service centre.. they said they'll pick it up tomorrow.

I'm getting used to all this stuff with my car and at some point u will have to get used to it as well not that you keep doing such things to your car often. No matter how careful you are things still do happen and dont keep any hard feeling against yourself I know it happens with all but then there is nothing much we can do and thats why we also buy insurance...

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX Overdrive (Post 1874271)
I've heard cases where people parked their car in direct sunlight, and when they come back and suddenly turn on the AC to fully chill, that builds cracks on the windshield or even break the window glass.

Leave a mm or so gap in the front / all windows when parked in sun. Reduces the heat bild up.

On re entering the car, open the front windows for a couple of minutes while running the AC at its maximum. This allows the hot air to escape easily and helps to cool down faster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trrk (Post 1875610)
Hi,
Leave a mm or so gap in the front / all windows when parked in sun. Reduces the heat bild up.

On re entering the car, open the front windows for a couple of minutes while running the AC at its maximum. This allows the hot air to escape easily and helps to cool down faster.

Ii follow all the Car AC best practices :) but still sometime its like your bad luck kicks in and your car has to suffer for that :(