Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2010, 19:09   #841
vihang15

91 Ron

hi friends ,

i checked with the HP people , there speed petrol with additives has a RON content of around 93 . i checked on the HP website also and it does say a RON of 93 .

T-BHP experts do confirm on the same . and let us know if it would be beneficial to use speed petrol to improve performance and acceleration in the beat as the manual recommends 91 RON .

Old 9th May 2010, 11:50   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vihang15 View Post
hi friends ,

i checked with the HP people , there speed petrol with additives has a RON content of around 93 . i checked on the HP website also and it does say a RON of 93 .

T-BHP experts do confirm on the same . and let us know if it would be beneficial to use speed petrol to improve performance and acceleration in the beat as the manual recommends 91 RON .
i always go to BP or Indian Oil after having a very bad experience with HP guy
Old 9th May 2010, 14:24   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Hi, Whats the waiting time from booking to delivery for the LT ? If anyone knows about Mumbai then that would be great.

Right nw its immediate...I am booking one today..
Old 9th May 2010, 16:37   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpmeister View Post
Right nw its immediate...I am booking one today..
u should be able to get Beat delivered within 1 week max from Booking as I had received an SMS from Chevrolet promising confirmed delivery in a weeks time.
Old 9th May 2010, 22:53   #845
BHPian

Hi All,

Got my Beat delivered last week and had taken her out for a long 200Kms drive on weekend.

I want to discuss about a few issues as listed below.

1. An indicator light indicating Oil or Water (as shown in the picture) lights up for a few seconds as u turn ON the ignition and then automatically turns off. I dont know if this was happening from Day 01 but I noticed it on Day 04. Is it normal or something is needed to be done?

2. The pickup in 2nd gear is very low as compared to my old Alto.

3. The plastic quality of the Parking Switch is very poor so right from the day we got the delivery of the car the Switch gets stuck. You have to hit it hard a few times to get it operational.

Kindly help me with clarifications for above queries.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-indi.jpg  

Old 10th May 2010, 07:51   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
Hi All,

Got my Beat delivered last week and had taken her out for a long 200Kms drive on weekend.

I want to discuss about a few issues as listed below.

1. An indicator light indicating Oil or Water (as shown in the picture) lights up for a few seconds as u turn ON the ignition and then automatically turns off. I dont know if this was happening from Day 01 but I noticed it on Day 04. Is it normal or something is needed to be done?

2. The pickup in 2nd gear is very low as compared to my old Alto.

3. The plastic quality of the Parking Switch is very poor so right from the day we got the delivery of the car the Switch gets stuck. You have to hit it hard a few times to get it operational.

Kindly help me with clarifications for above queries.
Ans -1 The indicator is for the engine temperature and it should light up when u key in and go away once you turn the ignition on. It is supposed to work that way
Ans -2 We all know that pickup in second gear is an issue but it should not be worse than you alto. Its not as good as your swift or i10 and since your car is new it will improve marginally once it runs for a few hundred km or you will get used to it.
Ans -3 Some people have faced similar issues with the parking switch so you talk to the showroom guys.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:20   #847
vihang15

reserve fuel capacity of beat

hi friends ,

does anyone have an idea about the reserve fuel tank capacity of the beat once the fuel empty light starts blinking .

the fuel tank capacity of the beat is 35 ltr as per the manual . so what is the reserve fuel tank capacity . GM should have given the info on kms to empty which could have been helpful .

Old 10th May 2010, 15:48   #848
BHPian

1. The temperature indicator is standard function to come on every time the engine is started.

2. If you have car in the right rev band, you can pass thru the 2nd gear without finding it too lacking.

3. go to the service center for this and see if it needs a replacement.

Now I have an issue.

The top left corner of the lid of the engine bay heats up considerably. is this because the insualtion is not present there or is it a serious problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat1.jpg  

Last edited by Mafia : 10th May 2010 at 16:00.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:42   #849
BHPian

Quote:
hi friends ,

does anyone have an idea about the reserve fuel tank capacity of the beat once the fuel empty light starts blinking .

the fuel tank capacity of the beat is 35 ltr as per the manual . so what is the reserve fuel tank capacity . GM should have given the info on kms to empty which could have been helpful .

Its 5 litres when the indicator goes on reserve.....
Old 11th May 2010, 09:56   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Thanks for that! i have been wondring about it as well!
Old 11th May 2010, 10:38   #851
vihang15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
thanks alstonlobo

5 ltrs is a good reserve capacity , as it would give ample time to refuel incase you are travelling on highways etc ;

does anyone here follows the practice of carrying fuel in a pet bottle in case of emergency , is it safe to refuel with a pet bottle .

Old 11th May 2010, 12:21   #852
BHPian

Hello Guys,

My Beat has a issue now from 2 weeks approx, when i switch on AC there is considerable amount of heavy vibration which could be felt through steering,its not happening everytime but the frequency is increasing as days passing by.Last saturday i visited sundaram to have a check on it, the AC guy ran some check with an nstrument & said he needs more time to identify the problem & said he is aware of this problem they have asked me to leave the vehicle for a complete day.so i have taken a appointment for this saturday.Finally my beats hazard switch will be repleaced same time.
Old 11th May 2010, 12:26   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks alstonlobo

5 ltrs is a good reserve capacity , as it would give ample time to refuel incase you are travelling on highways etc ;

does anyone here follows the practice of carrying fuel in a pet bottle in case of emergency , is it safe to refuel with a pet bottle .
Do you really want to? I am sure 5Lts should be sufficient. Moreover, its a good practice to fill the tank once the fuel is in 1/4.
Old 11th May 2010, 13:40   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Do you really want to? I am sure 5Lts should be sufficient. Moreover, its a good practice to fill the tank once the fuel is in 1/4.
Nowadays cars have a safety feature in which the ignition cuts off the moment the reserve fuel almost runs empty. Say for eg. when the tank has 2 ltrs of fuel, the engine will shut down and refuse to start again. This safety feature does not aqllow the engine to run dry. hence its advisable always to refill the tank when the indicator runs on reserve
Old 11th May 2010, 14:04   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencr85 View Post
Hello Guys,

My Beat has a issue now from 2 weeks approx, when i switch on AC there is considerable amount of heavy vibration which could be felt through steering,its not happening everytime but the frequency is increasing as days passing by.Last saturday i visited sundaram to have a check on it, the AC guy ran some check with an nstrument & said he needs more time to identify the problem & said he is aware of this problem they have asked me to leave the vehicle for a complete day.so i have taken a appointment for this saturday.Finally my beats hazard switch will be repleaced same time.
I had similar strange vibrations felt on steering and dash but AC was not started at that time, not sure if its the same problem...but do let us know if the guy is able to identify the issue. Also do these vibrations go away once you shut down and restart the engine???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks