Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 11:22   #991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Might be due to the length of folder name/song name. Check on that part.

Take an empty pen drive and create folder having name with more than 32, 64, 128 and 256 characters in each, with a few songs in each. Try to play songs in each folder.

Repeat the same thing with song names.
Thank you very much for your kind suggestions.

The Folder with 16 Sub-folders are all well below 16 characters length.

Many Folders and MP3 files with more than 32 characters length are playing perfectly.

I tested all folders and files in the problematic folder with a PC and my Philips DVD Player (with USB). Everything was playing fine.

Do beat has limit for total MP3s to read and play, say 999?

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 4th June 2010, 12:25   #992
vihang15

@vprodigy

Yes , talking to the chevy people would really help , 3500km is a very virgin car . the run in period for any car is around 5000 km or the first servicing .

you can surely get a good deal from the chevy dealer , also dont forget to ask for a loyalty customer bonus when you exchange the vehicle and go for the cruze .

also get competitive quotes from other manufacturers like honda , toyota , VW for the exchange , it should definately help you to get a good deal from chevy .

do keep us posted when you get your cruze .

Old 4th June 2010, 12:29   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Thank you very much for your kind suggestions.

The Folder with 16 Sub-folders are all well below 16 characters length.

Many Folders and MP3 files with more than 32 characters length are playing perfectly.

I tested all folders and files in the problematic folder with a PC and my Philips DVD Player (with USB). Everything was playing fine.

Do beat has limit for total MP3s to read and play, say 999?

Cheers!

Vinu
I would suggest you to have a look at the file size and bitrates of the MP3s that play in your system and that dont. Sometimes large files and higher bitrate songs would faily to play and some moght play at times but the sound would clip every now and then. Just my 2 cents.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:41   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vihang15 View Post
@vprodigy

Yes , talking to the chevy people would really help , 3500km is a very virgin car . the run in period for any car is around 5000 km or the first servicing .

you can surely get a good deal from the chevy dealer , also dont forget to ask for a loyalty customer bonus when you exchange the vehicle and go for the cruze .

also get competitive quotes from other manufacturers like honda , toyota , VW for the exchange , it should definately help you to get a good deal from chevy .

do keep us posted when you get your cruze .
Thanks Vihang for the information, as for the cruze I'm aiming to buy the 1.4 Eco LT variant to be launched in September in the US markets. I'm not buying cruze in India as I can't afford one here :( but will definitely buy one in US once its launched. The prices are out but the car will come in September at the dealers. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:50   #995
BHPian

Has any of the initial owners gone in for the extended warranty?

can any one give me an indication of the cost? I remember reading around 8.5 for the 5th year.
Old 4th June 2010, 15:14   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Has any of the initial owners gone in for the extended warranty?

can any one give me an indication of the cost? I remember reading around 8.5 for the 5th year.
Yes I had gone for 5th year extended warranty and it cost me 8400/-

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 4th June 2010, 20:29   #997

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Quote:
Dear Guys,

I am facing a problem with Beat LT's stock audio player.

I am using a 8GB pendrive for listening music. It has got 4 folders in it, say Folder A, Folder B, Folder C and Folder D.

Folder A contains 20 MP3s and whole playing fine.
Folder B contains 10 sub-folders and each having 12 odd MP3s and whole playing fine
Folder C contains 3 sub-folders and each having 12 odd MP3s and whole playing fine
Folder D contains 16 sub-folders and each contains 30 odd MP3s. In that 4 folders are not loading while playing. I tried dividing Folder D to Folder DA and DB with 9 and 7 sub-folders respectively. Now all folders in DA is reading (previously skipped one) but 4 folders in DB is not loading (previously played perfectly)

What could be the problem? Sorry for elaborated examples.

Please help!

Regards

Vinu

The probles is most probably with the bitrate of the songs ... Generally MP3 players confortably play till 256 KBps ... 128 kbps is generally good enough ...

Long file names used to be a problem before, but nowadays, maximum players confortably play files with long names including spaces ...

Last edited by GTO : 8th June 2010 at 11:23. Reason: Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Old 4th June 2010, 20:31   #998

Quote:
Dear Guys,

I am facing a problem with Beat LT's stock audio player.

I am using a 8GB pendrive for listening music. It has got 4 folders in it, say Folder A, Folder B, Folder C and Folder D.

Folder A contains 20 MP3s and whole playing fine.
Folder B contains 10 sub-folders and each having 12 odd MP3s and whole playing fine
Folder C contains 3 sub-folders and each having 12 odd MP3s and whole playing fine
Folder D contains 16 sub-folders and each contains 30 odd MP3s. In that 4 folders are not loading while playing. I tried dividing Folder D to Folder DA and DB with 9 and 7 sub-folders respectively. Now all folders in DA is reading (previously skipped one) but 4 folders in DB is not loading (previously played perfectly)

What could be the problem? Sorry for elaborated examples.

Please help!

Regards

Vinu
Quote:
Yes I had gone for 5th year extended warranty and it cost me 8400/-

Cheers!

Vinu

Is there a time limit to take the 5yr warranty option ? or is it that you have to opt for it while buying ...

Can i take it later on too ? like say 6 months afte purchasing ?
Old 4th June 2010, 20:42   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1kra9 View Post
The probles is most probably with the bitrate of the songs ... Generally MP3 players confortably play till 256 KBps ... 128 kbps is generally good enough ...

Long file names used to be a problem before, but nowadays, maximum players confortably play files with long names including spaces ...
I had tried all possible bitrates from 128 to 320 kbps. All are working fine. Those who curse Beat LT's stock HU should rip some original tracks in 320 kbps mp3s and listen, it simply rocks, (agreed there is a limitation for bass) the punch, quality and sound is phenomenal. Even lengthy file names are playing fine. I suspect the HU has a limitation for playing 999 mp3s at one go. I have 1254 Mp3s in my drive. Guys please clarify.

Quote:
Is there a time limit to take the 5yr warranty option ? or is it that you have to opt for it while buying ...

I took it while purchasing. No idea if we can get it later. Let me check with the SP and will update tomorrow.

Cheers!

Last edited by myavu : 4th June 2010 at 20:52.
Old 4th June 2010, 23:15   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
I had tried all possible bitrates from 128 to 320 kbps. All are working fine. Those who curse Beat LT's stock HU should rip some original tracks in 320 kbps mp3s and listen, it simply rocks, (agreed there is a limitation for bass) the punch, quality and sound is phenomenal. Even lengthy file names are playing fine. I suspect the HU has a limitation for playing 999 mp3s at one go. I have 1254 Mp3s in my drive. Guys please clarify.

I took it while purchasing. No idea if we can get it later. Let me check with the SP and will update tomorrow.

Cheers!
The sound quality of the stock speakers is indeed below average but the head unit is very well designed and delivers professional sound with all required features, be it bass, treble and fading, its there. Just change the cheap stock speakers and throw in some state of the art speakers and I guarantee you crisp, clean sound for miles and ages.

Checkout my thread for the upgrade

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1889596
Old 7th June 2010, 10:21   #1001
BHPian

Quote:

You can opt for extended warranty within 3 months from the date of purchase.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:07   #1002
vihang15

hi friends ,

yesterday i had the first rain drive on the chevy beat . it was the first showers in mumbai yesterday and i was on a drive for a friends wedding .

the stock tyres apollo acelere handle really well on wet surface , i had heard some bad reviews on the apollo , but after yesterdays wet surface ride i am satisfied with the tyre performance . though i am not sure whether the tyre perform good or is it the handling capability of beat due to gross weight ratio .

the wipers are fun the use . with different speeds and it clears the windshield very well .

i did not hardbraked the beat on wet roads as it was a sunday and ongoing traffic however should definately try on empty roads and give you the results .

overall it was fun to take the beat in the rains .

Old 7th June 2010, 11:34   #1003
Senior - BHPian

@ vihang15

Me too had my first rain run on Saturday here in South Delhi. No problem with grip as well as braking on the stock Apollos.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:56   #1004
BHPian

Same here, my Beat runs on Apollo aceleres with 32 psi on all tyres and had my first rain run this morning and love the feeling especially of hard rain knocking on the roof. Its fun inside the Beat any reason, any season.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:07   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Beat LT Stock Audio HU Update!

Dear Guys,

After a lot of undo, redo, cut copy paste I had came to the conclusion that Beat LT's stock audio has a limitation of playing 999 songs from a device. If we want to play more than 999 songs then we should use multiple devices.

Stock HU can easily play 128 to 320 kbps bitrate with long file names.

Question for Audio Gurus

Can we increase that limitation? One more digit i.e 9999 will do. Don't know why GM put that sort of silly limitation.

Regards

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks