Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 10:24   #1126
BHPian

Folks read this review, pretty good.
"Chevrolet Beat 1.2 LT road test : v/s Competition - Hatch-ing a Plot" dated 24-Jun-2010

Chevrolet Beat 1.2 LT Road Test - v/s Competition - Hatch-ing a Plot - CarWale.com
Old 1st July 2010, 22:03   #1127
vihang15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vihang15 View Post
@quadmaniac , takumi-san , topolino thank you for your advice i would discuss with the chevy authorized centre and try to get it done .

here are some pics of the damage. feels real bad , but its part and parcel of life .

my only worry is the moron tempo driver should not escape without punishment and i would try to push the police for the same .

@quadmaniac how much do you think would it cost to get the work done with insurance .
hi friends ,

i visited the chevy authorised dealer here in mumbai for the dent repair . he said that the front left fender would be completely replaced .

i am claiming the insurance as i have already lost the NCB due to windshield crack , the total eastimate is around 6-7k out of which 500Rs is insurance claim processing charges which i have to pay and additonal 800/- for miscellaneous charge .

is this a fair estimate ? or they are just increasing the charge being a insurance claim .

Old 1st July 2010, 22:07   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi friends ,

i visited the chevy authorised dealer here in mumbai for the dent repair . he said that the front left fender would be completely replaced .

i am claiming the insurance as i have already lost the NCB due to windshield crack , the total eastimate is around 6-7k out of which 500Rs is insurance claim processing charges which i have to pay and additonal 800/- for miscellaneous charge .

is this a fair estimate ? or they are just increasing the charge being a insurance claim .
If the fender is being replaced, then a 6K figure for the whole is not too much off the mark, I would have guessed something near 5K for the job.
Old 1st July 2010, 23:07   #1129
BHPian

Why not take a quotation from a reputed vendor (outside GM). Recently one of my friend had his car`s front bumper broken, which the dealer asked for ~5k to be completely repaired. He repaired it from outside and it costs him 1.7K.

If you lost the NCB, then it doesn`t make sense much not to claim it from Insurance. But what is this processing fee of 500/- for a claim of 6-7k?
Old 1st July 2010, 23:36   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Beat 1.2 LT Road Test - v/s Competition - Hatch-ing a Plot - CarWale.com[/quote]

GM made a mistake of launching Beat-Petrol
  1. It has cannibalised Spark sales to some extent
  2. A Spark LPG in the absence of Wagon R Duo would have seen more sales, but with the news of Beat-LPG in the air people may wait or go for a Diesel car because an LPG model will be about 25-35k more than a petrol version
  3. Right now Figo Diesel is the cheapest car in the market sans Tata
  4. A Beat Diesel around 4.6-5.0 lakhs on road would have been great but GM missed an opportunity and now Figo is gaining a good road presence.
  5. Otherwise Beat-Petrol is better than i10, Punto, Figo or Ritz any day, the most refined engine probably.

Last edited by deehunk : 1st July 2010 at 23:38.
Old 1st July 2010, 23:59   #1131
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Chevrolet Beat 1.2 LT Road Test - v/s Competition - Hatch-ing a Plot - CarWale.com

GM made a mistake of launching Beat-Petrol
  1. It has cannibalised Spark sales to some extent
  2. A Spark LPG in the absence of Wagon R Duo would have seen more sales, but with the news of Beat-LPG in the air people may wait or go for a Diesel car because an LPG model will be about 25-35k more than a petrol version
  3. Right now Figo Diesel is the cheapest car in the market sans Tata
  4. A Beat Diesel around 4.6-5.0 lakhs on road would have been great but GM missed an opportunity and now Figo is gaining a good road presence.
  5. Otherwise Beat-Petrol is better than i10, Punto, Figo or Ritz any day, the most refined engine probably.
Nice to know we are now spoilt for choice when it comes to buying a Hatchback.

The Beat looks too good, only if they would have given it Chunkier tyres. They look too puny for that beastly car.

With Beat LPG, its going to be better VFM.

Sad, they are missing out a lot due to no diesel engine. (Why dont they borrow from Fiats)

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 2nd July 2010 at 00:00.
Old 2nd July 2010, 08:05   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Hi fellas, thanks for the reply. Will be posting my thread in a day or so - make sure you read how a car with 100 kms on it 'breaks down'.
@Takumi-san, any update on your vehicle ? I have almost made up my mind on the Beat, but would really like to hear what you have to say about the breakdown.
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:36   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
@Takumi-san, any update on your vehicle ? I have almost made up my mind on the Beat, but would really like to hear what you have to say about the breakdown.
If you have made up your mind on Beat, just go for it. I have a hassle free driving experience of 2500+ km on my Beat, and consistently getting FE of ~16 kmpl with 80% AC ON. I will be posting my thread very soon.
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:45   #1134
vihang15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Why not take a quotation from a reputed vendor (outside GM). Recently one of my friend had his car`s front bumper broken, which the dealer asked for ~5k to be completely repaired. He repaired it from outside and it costs him 1.7K.

If you lost the NCB, then it doesn`t make sense much not to claim it from Insurance. But what is this processing fee of 500/- for a claim of 6-7k?

is any beat owner having new india assurance as the insurance policy and has claimed insurance .

is the 500/- rs. processing fee levied by the insurance company or the dealer . can anyone throw light on the topic .

Old 2nd July 2010, 11:14   #1135
BHPian

@Topolino, thanks for the advise.
Folks, I have a concern on the Beat though. Saw one Beat in the showroom which was driven intercity from the dealers stock yard to the showroom. The odometer showed a mileage of just 3 KM ! I wonder how that's possible (it's definitely not been transported by truck and I confirmed with the showroom that it was driven from the stock yard), looks like the dealer reset the odometer, if so how can you trust that the vehicles at the stock yard aren't driven. Also another thing I noticed is that the dealers demo vehicles are all with the temporary TC registration, shouldn't demo vehicles be registered vehicles instead of running them on a temp registration ?
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:44   #1136
BHPian

@autoenthusiast - You'll just have to trust them. It's very very unlikely that they're selling you a used car or something. 3km is indeed very less though.. but I myself wouldn't worry too much about it.

FTR, even in Hyd, the car I test drove in had a TC registration.
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:12   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
is any beat owner having new india assurance as the insurance policy and has claimed insurance .

is the 500/- rs. processing fee levied by the insurance company or the dealer . can anyone throw light on the topic .
No you need not to pay Rs. 500 towards processing fee. You have to fill a claim form only.
Please visit The New India Assurance Co. Ltd. for more details,
http://newindia.co.in/downloads/Claim_Form_090307.xls for claim form
and also you can mail to motor.nia@newindia.co.in for further query.

Quote:
@Topolino, thanks for the advise.
Folks, I have a concern on the Beat though. Saw one Beat in the showroom which was driven intercity from the dealers stock yard to the showroom. The odometer showed a mileage of just 3 KM ! I wonder how that's possible (it's definitely not been transported by truck and I confirmed with the showroom that it was driven from the stock yard), looks like the dealer reset the odometer, if so how can you trust that the vehicles at the stock yard aren't driven.
Yes it is possible to disconnect the odometer and the dealer has definitely disconnected the odometer of the car. So you must to do the pre delivery inspection before registration. Please go through the link below it will help you a lot.
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Buying - Pre-delivery Inspection & Check List

Quote:
Also another thing I noticed is that the dealers demo vehicles are all with the temporary TC registration, shouldn't demo vehicles be registered vehicles instead of running them on a temp registration ?
Demo vehicle should be a registered vehicle. Check the odometer of Demo vehicle with TC registration, whether it is running or disconnected.
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:15   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Even i would advice you autoenthusiast to go ahead with your decision. It's an amazing vehicle. In fact just today i completed my 5000 kms. No major hassles with the car at all. Will be sending it for first proper service as soon as i find the time. But rest assured, It's worth the money u spend.
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:39   #1139
BHPian

My Chevy Beat has arrived

Took delivery of my Chevrolet Beat LT from Pashankar Auto Wheels - Satara road Pune showroom today. I was skeptical to leave the Maruti brand finally gave in to the exciting looks and features of Beat after exchanging my 2008 ALTO LXI.

Pics below, i would be posting my buying experience and share some stats on ownership of ALTO LXI later with more pics of Beat. In fact i am even planning to do a video review of the car.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_2256.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_2260.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_2262.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_2263.jpg
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:23   #1140
BHPian

Woo.. congrats KreativeGeek to the BEAT club! Please post your full ownership thread soon.

BTW, please also give some details/cost of the sunfilm you've put on - I like it - light - the type I want to put on my BEAT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks