Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 20:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Review Again GTO

Btw most of the missing features(Keyless entry, steering mounted controls, multi-info display) are not really a norm in the segment that Beat would feature in, so I dont think people would really miss them.

Like you said pricing would be big factor & i wish that GM does well so that they can bring in more good cars like the Spark, Optra & Cruze
Old 7th December 2009, 20:39   #32
BHPian

nice review GTO, i Love the looks of this car, GM INDIA is getting to know the Indian buyer's mindset, hope they price it right.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:40   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Chevy logo on steering looks different in both these pics. First looks good one, may be a metallic but second one is bland plasticky.

How's that? Are they different variants?
Old 7th December 2009, 20:42   #34
BHPian

Can it 'BEAT' the competition?

Iam looking forward to buying a new hatch, and I thank you, GTO, for your,excellent review. I esp. appreciate the finer points, which even some magazines fail to note.
IMO,GM knows that it doesnt enjoy that kind of brand loyalty so as to have a premium price tag, and hence would be pricing the BEAT competitivly.Thats the reason its skipping on some goodies like electric mirrors, MID,height adjust drivers seat,auto box etc.
However,these features could have given the 'BEAT' an edge over the competitors.Today the customer likes premium features ( an example is i20 ) and are willing to pay for it.Also, since the car would be positioned as a 'young and'trendy',city hatch,these goodies could have added to the USP.
Perhaps GM may introduce these features soon.Lets hope so.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:45   #35
BHPian

Great review again GTO

Wow the blue one looks very cool and very refreshing new design, kinda like the rear door design

Now it all comes down to pricing, the fate of beat lies on it

Last edited by jp2u : 7th December 2009 at 20:53.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:54   #36
BHPian

Great Review GTO, your reviews are always equally good if not better than ACI reviews. I think the Beat will sell well initially because of the WOW features like the Gauges, Styling, Rear Door Handles. Then I see them tapering down keeping in mind the VW Polo's "German Made" Factor and Figo's Ultra Refined Diesel.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How'd you guess it was Rajasthan? The pictures were shot in Jaipur.
My own land, know it well to recognize it anywhere.

The buildings (architecture & hills as well as vegetation is a dead give away).

Cheers
Old 7th December 2009, 21:00   #38
BHPian

Nice review there. The Beat looks good from all angles and functional and funky too. Looks meaner than the Ritz. I think GM is got a winner on their hands if they get their marketing and pricing right. Boot space i dont think shud be a deterrent. The swift sold with a small boot..! The cruze is a great car and another one from them. Kudos.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Awesome review Rush!! From pics the interiors look good, rather funky after seeing U-va's boring interiors. I think after seeing Cruze price , we can expect this to have a killer price tag. Get a Diesel Beat chevy!!!!
Old 7th December 2009, 21:19   #40
~~h
BHPian

Great review GTO... Did chevy's always came with bliker stalk on the right ? Which is a great thing I'm having a tough time whenever I drive my punto.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:21   #41
BHPian

Excellent Review GTO, again setting the standards.

BEAT is cool trendy small car, I believe it has all the features to compete with i10 & Ritz. One of the best hatchbacks for the city drive.

The colors are bold in inline with the car appearance.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:21   #42
BANNED

Wow.

A great GTO review, fantastic.

The Matiz first grew up to be a Spark and now re-born as a Cruze off-spring.

Very unusual styling
Old 7th December 2009, 21:28   #43
BHPian

my 0.02s

* wow!! the first thing i saw in this car was climate control!! and i just jumped with a smile . this feature is not offered in any of the small hatchbacks!! costing 5 lacs or below! not even in the ritz!

* also i love the black piano wood look! (i know it fake:P) given to the cars dash to spruce it up! i have watched the designers view on this (youtube) and he said that they were gonna put in the exterior color in those panels. so if you had bought a red beat! you would get red panels. which would kinda look tacky. so chevy (thank god) decided to give it black piano style finish!

* love the speedo and digital RPM. something to look forward! will remind me of my bike! and it tilts with the steering!! fantastic so you have the perfect view (poeple complain can't read this and that steering comes in between) no more of that folks.

*what happend to tyres,damn they are skinny, alloys look okay! i would go and upgrade to fat new tyres and stick some plati chrome wheels! yeah baby. it deserves it

*my favorite color would be black with this one or florescent green!

* we all know pricing is gonna be briliant after cruze!!

a question! for experts. does the sound quality depend on the HU. or its just the speakers. i like the looks of the HU (so blue and avatar like cool)!!

also i see 2 speakers in the front dash? usually they are on the doors, so can you ad more speakers! and a sub-woofer( very small boot??)

what tyres would suit this car? if you are targeting looks, and don't give a damn about fuel efficiency!
Old 7th December 2009, 21:29   #44
BHPian

Wow seems to be a nice hatch. It should give i10 run some good competition. It will be interesting how GM prices this.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Nicely written report as always.

Love the rear door handles...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks