Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 10:00   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Oh! I was not knowing that.
Is there any other difference between LT and LTO other than ABS, Air-bags, Alloys and this logo?
AFAIK, No. The lack of the golden logo came as a surprise to me as well. One point about the steering is that in the LT variant you get those silver spokes in the steering, which makes the steering look classy IMHO. I just wish I could get that golden logo from somewhere (Chevy are you listening?) -- I'd be ready to pay for it!

Quote:
@ da.maulik, quadmaniac, vprodigy, redlaw:
Found the following items from ebay.in which can be used for USB conversion in BeatLT.
Thanks for the find dude . Isn't the ebay.com international one better though? It's just a small protrusion + cheaper, though - it might take ages to arrive. (Not that I'm in a hurry...)
Old 1st March 2010, 10:26   #512
BHPian

@salbin: My dealer also offered me to take red immediate next day and white 1 week back from today. But I said 'no'. I'll wait for green. He also mentioned 2 days back that there are ~100 Beats build for delivery(some may be for that dealer) day or two back, and he will give me the exact details of delivery time and date after 2 days. I hope I'll hear a good news soon.

@others: The direct one piece usb solution I posted is not available in India. So like salbin said 2 pieces solution (usb b male -> usb a male & usb a female -> usb a female) is a good quick solution but if they come as extention wires it will spoil the cool look of the cabin.

@Apple: I booked mine at KUN Automobiles. Orange also had the same exact quote but KUN is near to my place and is better IMO. Here is the detailed breakup.

Beat LT

Ex-Showroom - 407618 (Including extra price for Green)
Life Tax @12% - 49114
Insurance - 10836
Handling Charges - 5000
Temp Registration - 500

Total - 473068 (As quoted on day of booking 5th Feb)

Perm Registration (Optional) - 3000 (Including Temp Regn and number plates)

I got my loan via showroom agent (Kotak Mahindra Finance @ 8.75%) 3.5L / 3yrs.

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd March 2010 at 16:25. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:35   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaw View Post
@Apple: Here is the detailed breakup.
Beat LT
Life Tax @12% - 49114
Insurance - 10836
Handling Charges - 5000
Temp Registration - 500
Can any of you clarify the following:
- Why there is a difference of more than 7K in the ex-showroom price itself? Ex-showroom price in Bangalore is 400390/-(Including extra price for Green)
- Any info on the post budget price increase? If so effective from when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Isn't the ebay.com international one better though? It's just a small protrusion + cheaper, though - it might take ages to arrive. (Not that I'm in a hurry...)
Even though the cost of the item mentioned is very low in "ebay.com", you will have to pay heavy shipping charges because these items are not for shipping to India. Otherwise ask any of your friends travelling back from abroad to bring the item.
The other option is to buy similar item from "Ebay Global EasyBuy" through "ebay.in" and pay the amount in INR itself, where the item will be shipped to India.
I found similar item, but that is also very costly (not worth spending). ie: RS.1482/-incl shipping.
Here is the link:
Global Easy Buy
Old 1st March 2010, 14:07   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Can any of you clarify the following:
- Why there is a difference of more than 7K in the ex-showroom price itself? Ex-showroom price in Bangalore is 400390/-(Including extra price for Green)
- Any info on the post budget price increase? If so effective from when?

Even though the cost of the item mentioned is very low in "ebay.com", you will have to pay heavy shipping charges because these items are not for shipping to India. Otherwise ask any of your friends travelling back from abroad to bring the item.
The other option is to buy similar item from "Ebay Global EasyBuy" through "ebay.in" and pay the amount in INR itself, where the item will be shipped to India.
I found similar item, but that is also very costly (not worth spending). ie: RS.1482/-incl shipping.
Here is the link:
Global Easy Buy
The ex-showroom price diff in AP is due to VAT increase in January. Andhra has everything at higher rates. VAT increased, then lifetax increased and now after budget the prices will still go up. VAT and lifetax increased in AP all this in just JAN and FEB. I heard that GM said it will increase the prices but not sure from when. I pray that it should be delayed to Apr 1st or atleast after my delivery date.

And the USB adapter I posted from ebay.com is free shipping item. So it just turned out to be Rs.57. But it will take long for delivery. And buying cheap items on "Global Easy Buy" is waste of money, as import duties are huge. Buy directly on ebay.com if it is free shipping. I ordered from there. Lets see when it will arrive.
Old 1st March 2010, 14:17   #515
BHPian

Quote:
...And buying cheap items on "Global Easy Buy" is waste of money, as import duties are huge. Buy directly on ebay.com if it is free shipping. I ordered from there. Lets see when it will arrive.
+1

I ordered the same, costed some Rs 59. Let's see when it arrives. (It's shipping from HK, so I think it should be here in 2-3 weeks)
Old 1st March 2010, 15:10   #516
BHPian

I was talking to the general manager of the service department regarding how the car wouldn't pull at low rpm and how I was weary of going over 3k rpm since i was still in the break-in period. He told me not to weary about rpm as such but rather how i'm getting to that rpm (aka no racing). Ever since then, I've stopped babying the car and just started driving it normally (still not going over 5k) but its a completely different driving experience. Everything just works in tandem.

Also, did you know the ECM resets itself after every 20km to adjust the way it runs depending on usage? Amazing what all you find out about the car after talking to someone who knows it inside out.

Also, did you guys know that the beat apparently needs super petrol? I was reading the manual and under fuel, it says minimum octane is 91! Which I tried after after basically running the engine dry and then filling it up with super petrol and i'm getting better fuel efficiency and its feels peppier.
I'll be putting in the philips 130/100 this weekend with the relays. I should be out the break-in period within two weeks. I mainly only use the car on the weekends.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:42   #517
BHPian

Quote:
@Apple: I booked mine at KUN Automobiles. Orange also had the same exact quote but KUN is near to my place and is better IMO. Here is the detailed breakup.

Beat LT

Life Tax @12% - 49114
Insurance - 10836
Handling Charges - 5000
Temp Registration - 500

Perm Registration (Optional) - 3000 (Including Temp Regn and number plates)

I got my loan via showroom agent (Kotak Mahindra Finance @ 8.75%) 3.5L / 3yrs.
Thank you very much redlaw. That was really helpful. I'm seriously thinking to buy to LT or LT with option pack. Please post your review when you get the car. Also, is the dealer providing any freebies?
Old 1st March 2010, 17:38   #518
BHPian

Quote:
@salbin: My dealer also offered me to take red immediate next day and white 1 week back from today. But I said 'no'. I'll wait for green. He also mentioned 2 days back that there are ~100 Beats build for delivery(some may be for that dealer) day or two back, and he will give me the exact details of delivery time and date after 2 days. I hope I'll hear a good news soon.

@others: The direct one piece usb solution I posted is not available in India. So like salbin said 2 pieces solution (usb b male -> usb a male & usb a female -> usb a female) is a good quick solution but if they come as extention wires it will spoil the cool look of the cabin.

That would be too much of stuff protruding from the dash, one mini to full converter, then the full male to female and then the pen drive or similar gadget. Even the wire option will ruin the look.

Instead I got a FM transmitter which allows a USB drive input...works great!! Also comes with a remote control.
Old 1st March 2010, 19:22   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Oh! I was not knowing that.
Is there any other difference between LT and LTO other than ABS, Air-bags, Alloys and this logo?
it has seat belt load limiters. and the golden logo is on the LTO
Old 1st March 2010, 20:48   #520
BHPian

I booked a Misty Lake LT version on January 20th in Mangalore and God knows when the car will arrive.

I test drove the LS version and was impressed by the silent engine and ride quality. I have attached a pic of the Red LS I drove. Hope my car arrives quick...
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-image0251.jpg  

Old 1st March 2010, 20:56   #521
BHPian

@Apple: No freebies promised. I must say you are taking a wise decision choosing a Beat. LT is the best buy. At additional 40k the airbags and abs with alloys is very good. But those are useful if you drive on highways. For city driving LT is best choice. It all depends on your personal choice.
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:16   #522

Hey everybody. I got my alloys done last wednesday.
MOMO Corse 14" alloys with Continental CEC3 165/65 R14.
The car is looking hot now after doing the wheels
Check out the pics on the alloy wheels show off thread.
Will be ICEing the car this weekend
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1759432

The drive is really smooth and the steering feels really nice and weighted. Everything that GTO and the other members said about the car is completely true.Its the same extremely silent engine, great road presence inspite of being a small car. The front of the car and the high dashboard give u a nice feel. FE figures i'll come up with soon. The only thing i've noticed in the car is this sound i get when the rear tyres go into potholes. It was there even wit stock tyres and rims so its not because of the tyre upgrade. Is anyone else hearing this sound??
Old 2nd March 2010, 02:07   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
Some of the features that you don't get in other cars in 1.2L segment at this price. This is for the one's who are confused about buying a good 1.2 litre petrol car and scared of buying a GM. Chevy was not even on my list when I started checking cars almost six months ago and I did a thorough review of all the cars in the 1.2 L segment and finally decided on Beat after drawing long charts, test drives and burning midnight oil .

EXTERIORS

1- Rear spoiler with HMSL
2- Rear wash wipe with demister
3- Foglamps
4- 14' steel wheels
5- Plastic case enclosed tail lights which can protect them from direct damage
6- Stylish B pillars
7- Body colored bumpers, door/tailgate handles and orvm's
8- Stylised rear door handles
9- Satin silver roof rails

INTERIORS

1- Digital Tacho
2- Tilt steering wheel
3- Blue lit IC and Dash with auto dimming at night
4- Bucket Seats
5- Auto AC
6- Music system with 4 speakers, antenna, USB and Aux support
7- Under seat tray
8- Boot lamp
9- All four power windows with central locking
10- Height adjustable front and rear headrests
11- Battery saver
12- 60:40 split folding rear seats
13- Sunglass holder
14- 2.5 mph impact proof bumpers

Disclaimer - I'm a car enthusiast and not a chevy agent/dealer and the comparison/suggestions made are only on the basis of my knowledge about this product.
That is a long list, . GM is throwing in all the goodies in the market.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:00   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azharace View Post
Hey everybody. I got my alloys done last wednesday.
MOMO Corse 14" alloys with Continental CEC3 165/65 R14.
The car is looking hot now after doing the wheels

The only thing i've noticed in the car is this sound i get when the rear tyres go into potholes. It was there even wit stock tyres and rims so its not because of the tyre upgrade. Is anyone else hearing this sound??
Is the PCD 100 for the Beat? Also did you check anything about the offset while choosing the alloy.

About the sound. It was there when did the test drive. The sales guy had no clue. MAybe the dampners is one area where chevy cut costs

PS. Great alloys. Looks really good on the black car.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:04   #525
Team-BHP Support

Yup drumming sound was there from the rear even during my TD. Looks to be the rear suspension.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks