Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 22:25   #616
BHPian

So what is the word on FE of Beat.

Is the FE similar to Maruti 800, better, worse...?

Mind you, Maruti 800's technology is 25 years old, if not more.

Is any car, other than Nano that is, bettering Maruti 800 in FE.

The lucky owners of Beat are requested to throw some light on this as Beat is reputed to be very frugal.
Old 16th March 2010, 22:42   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
So what is the word on FE of Beat.

Is the FE similar to Maruti 800, better, worse...?

Mind you, Maruti 800's technology is 25 years old, if not more.

Is any car, other than Nano that is, bettering Maruti 800 in FE.

The lucky owners of Beat are requested to throw some light on this as Beat is reputed to be very frugal.

Maruti 800 Technology is not 25 yrs old. There had been considerate amount of changes like removal of carburetor with Injectors. Introduction of free flow intake and exhaust. They have even worked a lot in reducing the kerb wt. (sheet metal thickness).
So maruti 800 may be a 25 yrs old car but a lot has changed since then.

But frankly speaking I am not aware of FE of M800.
All I can you if you get 17 in alto, you will get 16 in Beat. Not bad considering Alto is a 3 pot 800cc while Beat is 4 pot 1200cc.

And for your question if you are looking for FE better than 800 the choices other than Nano is Diesel and Hybrid.
A bit out of league but the hybrid Porsche unveiled at the motor show can do 33KMPL and also make a 0-100 in 3.2 sec.
Old 16th March 2010, 23:16   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da.maulik View Post
friends,

Initially The BEAT gave me an average of 18+ but now its going down & down day by day. Last day it gave me 14.5kmpl. Anyone????????

That's quite surprising, is there a significant change in the way you drive I mean more of city driving than highway?

The way the FE is measured can also be a factor, I hope you are taking the tank full to tank full method for calculation FE. I would also suggest you take at least 3 sets of reading & average it to come up with a fairly accurate FE figures.
Old 17th March 2010, 11:40   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Maruti 800 Technology is not 25 yrs old.
All I can you if you get 17 in alto, you will get 16 in Beat. Not bad considering Alto is a 3 pot 800cc while Beat is 4 pot 1200cc.
You are right about the tech of Maruti 800.

Regarding FE of Maruti 800, it is similar to that of Alto.

If the Beat is chasing Alto that closely AFA FE is concerned, I will say 'Not bad at all'.

What is the word on FE of Figo petrol models?

Considering that it is a larger car, IMO if it gives even 85-90% of Beat's FE it will not be a bad figure at all.

Some light from the lucky Figo owners?

PS- Wrong thread for this question?
Old 18th March 2010, 01:34   #620

I completed around 1100kms on my beat and got my first service done today at KLN ambattur. They did a general assessment and cleaned the whole car. The service advisor Mr.Nazeer was very prompt and cooperative. I called him at 9 and he got a driver to pick my car up at 10. The car was delivered at the time promised and he even got rid of a small scratch i made with my nail while cleaning the car. He offered me some rubber protective coating for the underbody to prevent rusting for Rs.3000. I thought i'd as around on the forum whether i should get it done then go for it. Otherwise the service experience was pretty good with kln. Something i was pretty skeptical about. And it was also the first time i signed a 3 page bill for Rs.0 ! So as far as A.S.S. wit chevrolet and kln is concerned, so far so good.

On the topic of FE i've done 3 tank fulls and i've consistently got around 12km/l. Maybe the fact that i changed the alloys and tyres has a role to play but then i drive 95% through city traffic and A/C is on almost 100% of the time so its a decent figure to me. I'm still yet to ICE the car due to lack of time but looking at some DLS speakers. Does anyone have any idea about the performance of DLS D6A components?
Old 20th March 2010, 12:38   #621
BHPian

Booked SUPER RED BEAT LT, and now changed to MORROCAN BLUE, because Sundaram chennai has too many RED BEAT booking, so went for second choice BLUE. IT's been two weeks, still no sight of delivery
Old 20th March 2010, 13:36   #622
BHPian

Dont worry Sridhar, blue is an awesome color (since I went for it )

Jokes apart, many of the initial Beats in tbhp are in Morocco Blue. Hope you get your car soon!
Old 20th March 2010, 19:25   #623
BHPian

thanks dude. have any of you guyz had UNDER CHASSIS protection done.
Old 22nd March 2010, 07:32   #624
BHPian

I got new black transparent floor mats(1200 INR) and they go well with the grey floor mats and look really kool, got 3M on the sides (2000 INR) and rear and Garware (1800 INR) on the front. Also ordered the seat covers in grey jute front and leatherite combination.
Checked the FE and got 13 kmpl with 100% city driving and 100% AC on.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:30   #625
BANNED

I have driven nearly a 1k km on my new beat. I had the vehicle serviced, at sundaram motors on Kasturba Road, Bangalore. The service was prompt. The service chap mentioed they have added a coller in the damper to axel(?) joint to reduce/ remove the sound and squeaks that come with driving on a patchy road. It seems that a circular from GM was issued in this order. Any ways the car is quiter on patchy roads now. I had a FE of around 14kmpl with AC on 70% and 100% in the city driving. Have to check it again after ther service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX Overdrive View Post
Reaching towards Fully Loaded -

* Got the floor mats and mud flaps for free from the dealer, also a teddy and key chain
* Teflon Coating for 3000, 3 coats in a day, one coat after 6 months
* Anti rust coat for 2000, lifetime warranty
* Car Cover for 912, quite inexpensive
* Keyless Entry for 3200
* Transparent floor mats, an add on to the free ones
* Leather Seat covers, 3750

Still a lot to go for....

I dont think the floor mats and the mud flaps are free. There is an additional cost under standard fitments at Rs.1500.

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd March 2010 at 14:26. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:27   #626
BHPian

Got my Green Beat LT delivered!

Finally I took the delivery of my cocktail Green Beat LT. Actually the car arrived 10 days back. But took it today as my wife was in US last 2 weeks. I got the mud flaps and floor mats from the dealer for free. Of course I bargained for that. The car was 29km on odo when reached the showroom. 50km on day of delivery.

Here is my story cut short:
I booked on 5th Feb.
Got to know chassis number on 6th Mar. (It was built 5 days back, as said.)
Got the vehicle in stockyard on 12th Mar.
Did PDI in showroom on 18th Mar.
Took Delivery on 22nd Mar.

Ex Showroom Hyderabad : 407618
Life Tax: 49330
Insurance ICICI Lombard: 10836
T/R and P/R incl. nameplates: 3000
Handling: 5000

Total: 475784

Freebies from dealer: Mudflaps and Floor mats
Freebies from GM: I Luv Chevy Teddy, Keychain (to get), napkins box.

Car is excellent in all its aspects. Will post detailed report and photos soon in a separate thread.
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:54   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
I dont think the floor mats and the mud flaps are free. There is an additional cost under standard fitments at Rs.1500.
Not even a single Penny....just be little stern with the dealer.....as all other brands give this as standard fitment

Got FE of 18.2 today, drove 95km highway and 15km city drive with full AC on all the time. Highway speed was 60-65...

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd March 2010 at 14:27. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 22nd March 2010, 23:52   #628
BHPian

Wow a Green Beat...

Congrats redlaw on ur new purchase !! I feel that though the BEAT looks good in any colour, she looks the best in Cocktail Green and Super Red colours.
Would you please share your experiences regarding the following:
Sluggishness, if any, in the 2nd gear.
Handling and the ride quality .
Seat comfort of the seats.
Driving ease or discomfort due to the low set seats.
And yes, awaiting for the pics..
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:59   #629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
I have driven nearly a 1k km on my new beat. I had the vehicle serviced, at sundaram motors on Kasturba Road, Bangalore. The service was prompt. The service chap mentioed they have added a coller in the damper to axel(?) joint to reduce/ remove the sound and squeaks that come with driving on a patchy road. It seems that a circular from GM was issued in this order. Any ways the car is quiter on patchy roads now. I had a FE of around 14kmpl with AC on 70% and 100% in the city driving. Have to check it again after ther service.
Do you mean GM accpets that rear suspension is bad and putting a collar on the suspension might improve it?
I have to take my Beat for first month service in a couple of days, I have expressed my concern and the chevy guys said, so far it's only for Cruz not for Beat. Can you throw some more light on this memo issued by GM? Thanks.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:44   #630
Team-BHP Support

The rear suspension is not bad. The only thing is there is a drumming sound when you go over a bad patch of road. Because customers complained of the drumming sound GM issued a memo and are fixing it by putting an additional collar that damps the sound.

It's not a major change.

Most Viewed