Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 08:08   #901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpmeister View Post
N.B.: I am a newbie driver
Being a newbie driver who owns the Beat, I'd say take very good care of her - and try not to scratch/dent the car in the initial days. Believe me when I say it hurts a LOT!
Old 17th May 2010, 08:51   #902
BHPian

Can any one of you post the pics of the additional collar being added to the rear suspension?
I am yet to get it fixed.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:13   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Redlaw, Beat's ground clearance is anyway not the best. However I've managed to not scratch the ground yet... although I haven't been on any really bad roads.
Are these roads in Hyd.. if so which ones?
They are not regular speed breakers. But for some underground drainage work, they have dug the road and made it worse (between Gachibowli-Tolichowki road). They cleared it now. Anyways I am driving very careful now.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:47   #904
vihang15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpmeister View Post
Hi Vihang,

COngrats on your BEat. I am also about to get my Beat LS delivered this week from Ashtavinayak, how is the owner experience so far?

Anything i should keep in mind while taking the delivery and the initial few days.

N.B.: I am a newbie driver
hi thumpmeister ,

welcome to the beat club . i am sure you would enjoy the baby beat

1. the dealer is good , i would recommend one salesperson mr.sayyed in avk auto . he is a good guy and would help you if you have any queries .
2 . please push them hard for delivery as if you dont push they would avoid giving you delivery and delay the same .
3. if you are a new driver , please practice driving the beat in empty roads and first get fully used to it before taking it in traffic .
4. make sure you get some freebies from the dealer like mud flaps , car mat etc .
5. incase you want to add any accesories please get it from the authorized shop only . in the early days its better not to tamper with any electrical , mechanical parts from a aftermarket shop .

drive slow and safe and take care of your baby beat . do post some pics when you get the delivery

Old 17th May 2010, 11:33   #905
Senior - BHPian

Beat LT White Delivered

Hi Guys,

Got our Beat LT White delivered yesterday. Everything is smooth and second gear is much much better than the TD car. Only think is that you have to be in right rev band while in first 3 gears. Had gone through very bad patches in South Delhi. Not bottomed yet.

Booking and delivery was so fast. Booked on 13th and delivered on 16th.

Odo clocks 85 till yesterday night and millage is roughly around 11.(Full A/C B2B traffic)

What's the suspension collar you people are talking about. Can some one give more idea on this. Some pics are always welcome.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 17th May 2010, 11:38   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Everything is smooth and second gear is much much better than the TD car. Only think is that you have to be in right rev band while in first 3 gears.
Lucky you !!! My car's performance in the second and third gear is poor I must say. I am thinking to complain this problem to company, How should I do it? please let me know.

Thank you.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:23   #907
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you contact Chevy Service Centre. Some one in this thread was saying about ECU remapping? Please browse back the thread and some ownership threads.

Cheers!
Old 17th May 2010, 12:36   #908
vihang15

2nd gear power LAG on beat

hi friends ,

earlier i used to have a issue with the 2nd gear power lag in beat , however now i have got very much used to it and understand when to upshift and hence dont face any power lag in 2nd gear .

i think the best option is to watch your tacho and shift around 2500rpm . and downshift from 3rd at around 1500- 1000rpm .

the beat is a powerful car at 1.2 l engine . i think GM has mapped the gear ratios for fuel efficiency and the only way to use it to our best advantage is timing the sihfts correctly .

and anyways mumbai is not the place to enjoy car driving . even a mercedes would feel sluggish driving in between the SHUMACHERS of mumbai streets , hence the 2nd gear in BEAT is a blessing in disguise for city travelling . thank you GM .

Old 17th May 2010, 13:17   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Lucky you !!! My car's performance in the second and third gear is poor I must say. I am thinking to complain this problem to company, How should I do it? please let me know.

Thank you.
I had complained to GM regarding this and they asked me to inform them which service centre I'd be taking my car to.

I think they would do some ECU reconfiguration. I didn't follow up myself since - a) I don't want FE to go for a toss and b) I don't face problems unless I'm both in 2nd gear and climbing a hill or something.
Old 17th May 2010, 16:05   #910
BHPian

2nd gear is all about timing your shift from 1st at the right time. And I've scraped the bottom of my beat too many times :( they really should have increased the ground clearance and given us 15" tires. As for the rear suspension collars, its free and the chevy dealer will do it for you. A lot of the questions that are being asked here are just repeats of questions already asked. I suggest all new beat owners start from the beginning of the thread, you'll gain a lot of knowledge for the time you spend. Cheers!
Old 18th May 2010, 09:14   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Where will we get the rear suspension collars?Will chevrolet guys do it for free? Am off for the 1000 km service tomorrow.
can some one add the collar pics please!!!
Old 18th May 2010, 09:46   #912
BHPian

I am not sure what the problem in clearence some of us are talking about. I have nearly 3k on the odo. I have traversed a various sized speed breakers. I am yet to scrape even one of them.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:09   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
I am not sure what the problem in clearence some of us are talking about. I have nearly 3k on the odo. I have traversed a various sized speed breakers. I am yet to scrape even one of them.
Add me to...

I also don't have the ground clearance problem.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:48   #914
BHPian

Hi Everybody,

I took the deivery of Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green on 22nd April and here are my few experiences.

Following the recommendation of Team-Bhp I have properly run-in my car for first 1000 km and will continue proper running in till the first oil change at 5000 km.

Till to date the car has covered 1471 km and is running smoothly.
Initially car returned an average of 14.16 km/l (436km/30.8l) which has now increased to 18.12 km/l (551km/30.4l). The driving is ~25% city ~50% suburban & 25% highway with 100% AC on. I never took car above 2500 rpm mark and kept speed below 80 km/h.

At first service collars were installed in the rear dampers after which drumming sound is eliminated.

I have driven car in all types of roads and bumps and never scraped underbody anywhere.

I shall be taking the car for a 600 km trip in next few days and will come up with the experience soon.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:44   #915
BHPian

Thats a nice lil report Topolino. Why not post a full TD ownership report after your trip. And this time with pics!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks