Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2010, 20:57   #976
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
It shows a human figure, a car symbol and then a fule pump sign. What are these for and how to activate them.
That definitely looks like the symbol for DTE (Distance To Empty with the remaining fuel).

It may not be active and may be for a future variant / export variant.

And I agree with suv100, don't handle that screen.
Old 30th May 2010, 21:46   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just want to ask the experts, There are some hidden icons on the indicator which are not active. It shows a human figure, a car symbol and then a fule pump sign.
My guess it that when it lights up it means take the car to the pump right away and fill up petrol.
Old 31st May 2010, 22:27   #978
vihang15

Quote:
I have tried to calculate the FE and even I am getting a FE of 9Kms /Ltr.

Just want to ask the experts, There are some hidden icons on the indicator which are not active. It shows a human figure, a car symbol and then a fule pump sign. What are these for and how to activate them. Have posted a picture for your reference.
hi friend ,

dont bother to tinker with the digimeter as the feature is only available in the international export version of the beat . its not available for india . cost cutting by GM to keep the pricing down i guess .

why bother to give a digital meter when you dont want to give all the features . i find no sense here by GM , i think bajaj pulsar 180 digimeter shows the speed , gear and reserve capacity and much more .

may be some of our friends find a way to tinker with it and enable the features it would be great . anyways the iphone and ipad have been already hacked

Old 1st June 2010, 10:13   #979
BHPian

Those who are having problem with FE, please click the link below and read the article :
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Owning - How to get the maximum Fuel Efficiency
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:20   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Just want to ask the experts, There are some hidden icons on the indicator which are not active. It shows a human figure, a car symbol and then a fule pump sign. What are these for and how to activate them. Have posted a picture for your reference.
Same picture is also shown in the Owner's Manual (page no. 56)
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-a1327.jpg

I suppose the additional features included in the display are
1. Distance to empty in km or mi.
2. Temperature Gauge in C or F
3. Average travelling speed for the distance covered in km/h or mi/h.

It is mentioned in the OM page no. 2 "Certain descriptions, including those for display and menu functions, may not apply to your vehicle due to model variant, country specificatios, special equipment or accessories".
So at present we are not getting these additional features which are provided in the international variant. It is not possible to activate these features in our cars. May be in future, in Indian variant too we will get these features at extra cost.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:20   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer View Post
(a) So, my question is, what is the best band that I should keep my beat in. I am comfortable keeping it at 2.5~3, I find it responsive there. But maybe I am revving it a bit too much, any thoughts?
If you are looking for fuel efficiency than keep your car at 1500-2000 rpm band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer View Post
Lastly, I only got a single feedback abt K&N filter voiding the warranty. K&N website clearly mentions that manufacturers cannot do that and they are willing to fight with any manufacturer that claims that the warranty will go void. Please advice. I would really like to improve pref of my cars - Vista and Beat.
It is mentioned in the OM page no. 3 "Non-General Motors India Pvt. Ltd. genuine parts and accessories have not been examined or approved by GM India. We can certify neither the suitability nor the safety of Non-GM genuine parts and accessories and are not liable for damage caused by their use."

Also in page no. 146 under the heading WARRANTY LIMITATIONS it is stated that "The warranty will cease to exist if
(c) Any modifications made to the vehicle that may likely to have an effect on the performance of the vehicle.
(n) Damage caused by the installation of non genuine equipment after the vehicle has been purchased.

So the warranty will go void if you use any part or accessory not approved by GM.
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:01   #982
BHPian

guys i'm planning to sell my Beat which has now run some 3400 KM and 3.5 months old in a very good exterior and interior condition. I have a few basic accessories as well. How much should I ask for from a prospective buyer.
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:07   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
guys i'm planning to sell my Beat which has now run some 3400 KM and 3.5 months old in a very good exterior and interior condition. I have a few basic accessories as well. How much should I ask for from a prospective buyer.
Why do you want to sell it?
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:13   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Why do you want to sell it?
i'm planning to buy cruze.
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:59   #985
BHPian

Quote:
it will be great if someone can give me an idea or approximate price that i should expect. I want to post the ad and i'm not sure how much to ask. Spoke to the chevy dealer but they dont buy back their car. A quick response will be highly appreciated.
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:48   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it will be great if someone can give me an idea or approximate price that i should expect. I want to post the ad and i'm not sure how much to ask. Spoke to the chevy dealer but they dont buy back their car. A quick response will be highly appreciated.
I am no expert in used car business.
But you may expect a 30K depreciation on the onroad price. Kindly mention your variant and the accessories along with your location.

Buying a cruze??? 3 months after buying a beat. -- Won some lottery recently??
Old 4th June 2010, 01:03   #987
Senior - BHPian

BEAT LT AUDIO-USB/MP3 Query

Dear Guys,

I am facing a problem with Beat LT's stock audio player.

I am using a 8GB pendrive for listening music. It has got 4 folders in it, say Folder A, Folder B, Folder C and Folder D.

Folder A contains 20 MP3s and whole playing fine.
Folder B contains 10 sub-folders and each having 12 odd MP3s and whole playing fine
Folder C contains 3 sub-folders and each having 12 odd MP3s and whole playing fine
Folder D contains 16 sub-folders and each contains 30 odd MP3s. In that 4 folders are not loading while playing. I tried dividing Folder D to Folder DA and DB with 9 and 7 sub-folders respectively. Now all folders in DA is reading (previously skipped one) but 4 folders in DB is not loading (previously played perfectly)

What could be the problem? Sorry for elaborated examples.

Please help!

Regards

Vinu
Old 4th June 2010, 02:16   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Dear Guys,

I am facing a problem with Beat LT's stock audio player.

I am using a 8GB pendrive for listening music. It has got 4 folders in it, say Folder A, Folder B, Folder C and Folder D.

Folder A contains 20 MP3s and whole playing fine.
Folder B contains 10 sub-folders and each having 12 odd MP3s and whole playing fine
Folder C contains 3 sub-folders and each having 12 odd MP3s and whole playing fine
Folder D contains 16 sub-folders and each contains 30 odd MP3s. In that 4 folders are not loading while playing. I tried dividing Folder D to Folder DA and DB with 9 and 7 sub-folders respectively. Now all folders in DA is reading (previously skipped one) but 4 folders in DB is not loading (previously played perfectly)

What could be the problem? Sorry for elaborated examples.

Please help!

Regards

Vinu
Might be due to the length of folder name/song name. Check on that part.

Take an empty pen drive and create folder having name with more than 32, 64, 128 and 256 characters in each, with a few songs in each. Try to play songs in each folder.

Repeat the same thing with song names.
Old 4th June 2010, 09:57   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I am no expert in used car business.
But you may expect a 30K depreciation on the onroad price. Kindly mention your variant and the accessories along with your location.

Buying a cruze??? 3 months after buying a beat. -- Won some lottery recently??
thanks bro...yes kind of won a lottery...within next 6 months you should soon see a Cruze 1.4 Eco with RS in my garage...amen!!!

My model is LT Black color in Gurgaon. Seat covers, Gear Lock, Floor mats Beat Original carpet type + PVC, 3M tinting.
Old 4th June 2010, 11:05   #990
BHPian

Quote:
thanks bro...yes kind of won a lottery...within next 6 months you should soon see a Cruze 1.4 Eco with RS in my garage...amen!!!

My model is LT Black color in Gurgaon. Seat covers, Gear Lock, Floor mats Beat Original carpet type + PVC, 3M tinting.
In my opinion talk to the sales executive with whom you dealt for the Beat and tell him that you intend to buy Cruze. He will definitely help you in getting the best deal. I am planning to visit Gurgaon sometime in 3rd week of June. I would certainly like to meet you and see your car.

Most Viewed